2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420911 - 15/08/01 11:44 AM Re: Shackles and shocks
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
I also have the add aleafs for sale, Rancho is no help because they want you to buy their lift from them..not just the add a leafs.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#420912 - 15/08/01 02:18 PM Re: Shackles and shocks
SWXterraClub Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
The Fabtech( and I believe ProComp) add a leaves are much thinner than the Rancho's, they probably will not give you as much lift or the same spring rate. There also have been a few that have cracked, Carlton is one that I know of that has had problems with them. I don't have the Rancho part number with me but I don't think that is right.

Correct.. I did have the ProComp AAL and I broke two of them.. Perhaps you will have better luck with the FabTech AAL's. I looked at them and it looks like they would be more difficult to break.

#420913 - 15/08/01 02:28 PM Re: Shackles and shocks
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Goliath The X:
Just got my EOE Sliders installed.

So, you like those? wink

(All in fun Goliath...all in fun! :D)

#420914 - 15/08/01 02:45 PM Re: Shackles and shocks
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
I also have the add aleafs for sale, Rancho is no help because they want you to buy their lift from them..not just the add a leafs.

I am also planning on the AALs, but this whole thread has confused me? What exactly is recommended and did anyone find the right part #s? I have tried to hit the extreme 4x4 parts website but it tells me no results are found? I'm ordering my 32"s at the end of October and would like to install everything together?

#420915 - 15/08/01 03:16 PM Re: Shackles and shocks
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by PRIMARYXTC26:

I am also planning on the AALs, but this whole thread has confused me? What exactly is recommended and did anyone find the right part #s? I have tried to hit the extreme 4x4 parts website but it tells me no results are found? I'm ordering my 32"s at the end of October and would like to install everything together?

Hmm..website is fine for me www.Extreme4x4Parts.com , they are under Xterra/Suspension. From what I understand they are part of a spring pack and my distributor can get them individually for me...I don't believe that they are available at your local 4x4 shop since Rancho does not list an application.

"Correct.. I did have the ProComp AAL and I broke two of them.. Perhaps you will have better luck with the FabTech AAL's. I looked at them and it looks like they would be more difficult to break."

A MAXC member has the FabTech's which are a bit longer but thinner than the Rancho's as he can use the load leaf with the stock u-bolts..they have not broke yet but who knows...with the Rancho's you ditch the load leaf...I personally have the Rancho's.

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: FSRBIKER ]
EOE...Opening Soon!

#420916 - 15/08/01 07:29 PM Re: Shackles and shocks
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
FSR..You have mail. smile

#420917 - 27/08/01 07:47 PM Re: Shackles and shocks
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Sorry to drag up an old topic, but....
I have the SLR 2" shackles on my truck. I have the Rancho AAL's in a box in my garage. I was planning on replacing the shackles with the AAL's for rear lift due to the general consensus that the AAL's give a better ride and don't flatten your springs like the shackles. I can't do both, as my spring pack is still new and "springy", and that would leave me with my ass ten feet in the air. My concern is this: won't removing the SLR shackles and adding the AAL's diminish my rear articulation (sp. downtravel)? If so, how much impact on off-road ability will this have? I have the Bilstein no-swaybar - 2" lift shocks, so they are not a limiting factor. Prompt replies would be appreciated, as I'd like to do the install before GOX (if not, I'll bring the tools and parts for both to Ouray).

#420918 - 27/08/01 08:46 PM Re: Shackles and shocks
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I would leave the shackles on if your stock springs are still in good shape.

A combination of both is the best price performance break, like Calmini's full length add a leaves and shackles.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: xoc ]

#420919 - 28/08/01 09:54 AM Re: Shackles and shocks
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
That's what I was leaning towards. I'll wait until I get the AC or SLR A-arms to install the AALs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal