2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#421365 - 07/11/07 06:50 PM Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Placed an order Oct. 15 I recieved an automated sales email with order number and charge to the c.c.
I have not heard ANYTHING since then.
Numerous emails, numerous phone messages..nada, nothing..zippo.
I was warned of these guys from the club here but only after I made the order of the 5100 Bils.
Are they THAT busy????
But even then...a few people got to speak to them and were at least told what was going on..be it true or not..but they have not returned anything as far as my order.

I'd rather here from one of them directly telling me it will take a few weeks to get the order etc. rather than to recieve nothing at all..

Completely unacceptable service thus far.

#421366 - 07/11/07 06:57 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm likely one of the biggest SLR supporters and have spent a lot of money on their products - especially over the last 18 months.

That said, I've been having problems trying to call Spencer lately because there are some more parts that I want to but.

There was a period like this about a year ago and maybe it's something like SEMA that's causing the slow down in communications. Hopefully, it'll pick back up because I do want to get some parts over the winter so that I can do some upgrade work before it warms up.

All I can say about SLR is that they have some great products and this may only be a hiccup.

#421367 - 07/11/07 07:16 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Svendog:
I'm likely one of the biggest SLR supporters and have spent a lot of money on their products - especially over the last 18 months.

That said, I've been having problems trying to call Spencer lately because there are some more parts that I want to but.

There was a period like this about a year ago and maybe it's something like SEMA that's causing the slow down in communications. Hopefully, it'll pick back up because I do want to get some parts over the winter so that I can do some upgrade work before it warms up.

All I can say about SLR is that they have some great products and this may only be a hiccup.
Well I initially bought the parts from them solely based on their good parts and so-so rep. on xoc. Like I said ..I placed the order after I read about how slow they are ..but slow isn't the sole issue..it's returning a message or email. At least I know that my order is fine and accepted-kinda of a tricky shipping request I had so that's why I am more anxious and all..

I don't mind waiting if I at least get some communication going back and forth..not for anything but it does hinder business, even from a small buyer like me..who knows I can end up with a huge mod upgrading urge one of these days and have some cash to spend... [Freak]
but not returning a customer's inquiry on a $300.00 order (I know it's not huge but huge enough for me) isn't really inviting for more business.

Like you say..I am sure they are awesome and carry great parts..they seem legit and all..but I've never had to wait for anything bought on line this long..at least a return an email or phone call.

#421368 - 07/11/07 08:22 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been calling every day for the past week with no results. confused

#421369 - 07/11/07 09:28 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not been able to confirm this yet but I have heard that the Cali Fires got their facility.

#421370 - 08/11/07 04:30 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
I have not been able to confirm this yet but I have heard that the Cali Fires got their facility.
That is correct.

#421371 - 08/11/07 04:53 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spencer's business got hit?
That would explain a whole lot.

Damn... that really sucks. I hope it was just that he was chased out of the area, but the actual business only has minimal to little real damage.

#421372 - 08/11/07 04:57 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
That makes two Nissan aftermarket companies got hit by those fires--Total Chaos and now SLR...Anyone check on Calmini lately?

#421373 - 08/11/07 06:17 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
spalind Offline

Hmmm....I just got a post from someone in CA who says the shop right next to SLR's is fine so he doubts SLR's shop was damaged...will try to confirm more...

#421374 - 08/11/07 09:03 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
spalind Offline

OK...here is the answer from SLR himself (or someone from his shop)

"NO FIRE... We are working trying to get caught up on internet orders... Leave a message and we will get back to you.

We had some custom builds and BAJA projects that took up a lot of our time.

Thanks, SLR"

#421375 - 08/11/07 12:13 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
OK...here is the answer from SLR himself (or someone from his shop)

"NO FIRE... We are working trying to get caught up on internet orders... Leave a message and we will get back to you.

We had some custom builds and BAJA projects that took up a lot of our time.

Thanks, SLR"
Well, I for one am glad to hear that the fires did not affect them! I have ordered from them a few times (steering system, shackles, etc.) and although slow, (it was a long wait,) it has been WELL worth it! The products have held up better than I expected. And I will be ordering from them again shortly.

#421376 - 08/11/07 01:05 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Join the club NEX I have an order in for $1100 since Oct. 4. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks. It is now over a month later. I was told it was shipping last Friday November 2. Lets see if I am just getting smoke blown up my ass or what. I will keep my fingers crossed. :rolleyes: By the way it was the Econ lift I ordered.

#421377 - 08/11/07 07:14 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My order went in September 4, I still have two front bilsteins that has yet to arrive.

Someone needs to slap a class action lawsuit on their ass so they'd pick it up or run them out... They are not a business, who the hell does this to people? All I want is an email update, and I cannot even get that. I am in no way wrong in calling them thieves...

#421378 - 08/11/07 08:38 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies guys...
So I'm not the only one waiting..
Well at least I'm glad to read that they're not affected by the fires..
At least some of you have gotten some email replies..shows they're at least active..
Well I think I'm going to go ahead and cancel the order through my c.c.
There's no point in waiting so long..not for 4 Bils.
Oh well..mighttry 4x4 parts..they were pretty cool when I wrote them...
I'll see..

#421379 - 09/11/07 02:38 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by theunderseaclub:
My order went in September 4, I still have two front bilsteins that has yet to arrive.

Someone needs to slap a class action lawsuit on their ass so they'd pick it up or run them out... They are not a business, who the hell does this to people? All I want is an email update, and I cannot even get that. I am in no way wrong in calling them thieves...
Sue for being slow, what fucking planet are you from. Reverse payment with the credit cards and move the fuck on already. No one on XOC has your parts.

#421380 - 09/11/07 04:43 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh believe me I want to move on, I emailed for a reverse payment a week ago, another email sent two days ago. I don't even bother with phone calls anymore.
Calm down, don't give yourself a heart attack.

#421381 - 09/11/07 06:17 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you ever done business with someone like this before? It is pretty common really. Small shop that is into building and racing and sells stuff on the side to pay for the addiction. I am pretty sure they get far less enjoyment from filling your order than from building a custom or hitting the dunes.

When I was drag racing my Harley I would say that about 1 in 3 of the parts upgrade shops functioned this way. They did repairs to thier junk on Monday and Tuesday, if you were lucky they might get back to you on Wednesday or Thursday (if they weren't building something custom for someone) and on Friday they were half checked out loading up and heading to the strip.

I am not saying that it is the right way to do business, but I am fairly convinced that trying to rally the XOC members to "run them out" is going to hurt us all in the long run. SLR is one of only a handfull of suppliers who carry anything for us and he is selling some of the finest parts available! I totally understand your excitement about getting new parts and your frustration in dealing with a slow small speciality shop. I do however think you were warned going in that SLR is not Amazon.com

#421382 - 09/11/07 07:24 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to apologize for what I said, I take it back, please forgive. But please understand my frustration, I just want my shocks, or just an email from them telling me the situation.

I understand shops like SLR are the roots to our hobby, they are the people that supply us with parts to do the things we want to do, go to places we want to go. But after two months and waiting, without an update, and no replies by email or phone, I get mad at times. I just don't think it is fair for them to keep my money and leave me out in the dark. I feel like they have stolen from me.

#421383 - 09/11/07 07:52 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try calling them. These companies get bombarded with half ass questions daily. And they are old school. So phone works better.

#421384 - 09/11/07 08:06 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some of you may know I ordered 4 Bilsteins and shackles from SLR on August 22nd. I never received the front shocks. I understand there were production delays. I understand they come from Germany, this presents problems. I understand all this, from other retailers who sold me NOTHING!

I'm not going back over the whole lack of communication thing again. It's been done, although I see the thread about SLR service was deleted.

4 weeks ago SLR said they'd be coming next week. Same story the next week, the week after. I believe he thought they were. I do not think he was lying.

This past Monday I ordered them from someone else. Had them in my hand the next day. On my truck the next day. Done deal.

One problem. I asked SLR to refund my money, that I was charged for a product they did not have in stock. It hasn't been posted on my account as of last night. For the dude who posted "reverse the charges": after 3 months of holding my d*** with no shocks and while a charge for those shocks is on my card, there is no reversing at this point- a formal dispute has to be opened. I don't want that, SLR doesn't want that. If it's not done by the end of the day today, I have no other choice. It is just simply wrong to take someone's money for something you can't give them and then not talk to them about it in a timely fashion.

What some fail to see here, because he is a nice guy, and he has a good product, doesn't mean he should be tying up of our money for months on end w/o a clear explanation of what is happening! I found more out about my situation from other vendors who had no dog in this hunt, no involvement at all.

Hopefully, we can get everything worked out and put this behind us.

#421385 - 09/11/07 08:15 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in the same boat. Ordered 4 bilstein 5100's end of August. Got a shipment notification the next day. Credit card charged the following week (first week of September) and eventually received just the rear shocks.

After calling, I was assured I'd have the front shocks in a week (in time to get them mounted for the UNYX Back to School Run in Sept).

I called again and was told the are backordered but should be in very soon, and I WAS offered a refund at that time, but with the assurance that I'd have them in about a week or so I declined the refund and said to ship them when they get them.

Now I've decided it's been way too long, I just want the refund and order somewhere else. But of course now nobody returns my calls.

#421386 - 09/11/07 03:59 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by theunderseaclub:
Oh believe me I want to move on, I emailed for a reverse payment a week ago, another email sent two days ago. I don't even bother with phone calls anymore.
Calm down, don't give yourself a heart attack.
I am calm, I have all my parts installed wink

Maybe I am old fashioned but I would suggest contacting your CC company and filing a reversal of payment... and be done with it. [ThumbsUp]

#421387 - 12/11/07 11:17 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea... still no email about refunding my payment, and still not answering calls...

How do I go about this payment reversal business? Just call my CC company and tell them what happened?

thanks for the suggestions!

#421388 - 13/11/07 08:04 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I asked for a credit on 11/5/07 for the sale that took place August 23rd. No reply from SLR as of 11/13/07. It takes all of 5 minutes to refund a credit card, if that. He was quick to reply when I was posting in the manufacturers row forum, maybe I'll have to post over there too.

You can file a dispute on line or over the phone, with your credit card company. Looks like that is the choice SLR is making here.

#421389 - 18/11/07 09:07 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still no reply, 3rd email sent about refund. I guess I'll have to call my CC company...

#421390 - 19/11/07 06:37 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still no return calls here either, I may email next, but generally don't rely on email anyway.

#421391 - 19/11/07 10:07 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had to file a dispute with CC company- no reply from SLR at all since I requested a refund or filed my dispute.

#421392 - 19/11/07 01:37 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also ordered 5100's, on Sept 28th. From what I saw on the board before I placed my order, I knew it could be a while.

I talked to someone at the shop a month after I placed my order, and he said they were waiting for the shipment to clear customs. I see some in this thread have waited longer than I for their order, but I'm going to wait at least 2 months before I get excited.

#421393 - 19/11/07 04:53 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I placed another order with them last week.

My hope is that I won't have to wait a long time, but if it happens and I see 2008 before the parts, I would have to start getting worried too.

#421394 - 20/11/07 03:09 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I placed another order with them last week.

My hope is that I won't have to wait a long time, but if it happens and I see 2008 before the parts, I would have to start getting worried too.
Hmmm... is there a product that you dont have yet?
wink

#421395 - 26/11/07 10:25 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still no calls back, and now their answering machine isn't picking up.

I called my credit card co. to dispute the amount of the front shocks, and I will eat the shipping $.

#421396 - 26/11/07 12:08 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
Still no calls back, and now their answering machine isn't picking up.
I haven't got a call back yet either, but their answering machine is picking up as of 2pm CST.

#421397 - 26/11/07 01:24 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys need should shop around,

4x4parts.com are ok never had more than a 2 week delay with them, excellent customer service.

eshocks.com carry bils I had my HD/Extended length shocks in 3 days free shipping also if I remember correctly.

Waiting 3-4 months for parts is crazy considering you have already paid for them.

I waited 2 months for my shrock front bumper but that had to be built from scratch, these shocks you are waiting 4 months for can be had anywhere.

#421398 - 28/11/07 08:06 AM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I asked for a credit on 11/5/07 for the sale that took place August 23rd.

Still no reply or credit today.

#421399 - 28/11/07 01:18 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jc502:
I asked for a credit on 11/5/07 for the sale that took place August 23rd.

Still no reply or credit today.
1. Call your credit company
2. File a complaint here http://www.us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.aspx?site=113&id=6cda12e2-5967-437f-876e-bd452a591b91
3. Find someone else to do business with.

I can see how you could be suckered in the website they have up looks very professional.
Call around locally alot of this stuff can be fabricated one off cheaper.

Good luck!

#421400 - 29/11/07 05:36 PM Re: Are the guys from SLR parts alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shmittey:
Quote:
[b]I placed another order with them last week.

Hmmm... is there a product that you dont have yet?
wink [/b]
Two things left...
bushings to replace the ones we saw that were in need of replacement and an idler stud.

The stud is luxury, but if I can upgrade parts before they break, I'm ahead of the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal