2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422618 - 12/08/01 07:54 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
hehe, and I don't even have the AC lift, just get to live vicariously through yours...

Matt

#422619 - 12/08/01 02:25 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by gothamist:
So what am I missing?

Nothing. Reindexing is only required when you run out of thread.

#422620 - 12/08/01 02:42 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

Nothing. Reindexing is only required when you run out of thread.

Not thread, adjustment

#422621 - 12/08/01 06:06 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:

Not thread, adjustment

So now you are a professional ?

When you are out of thread, the bolt is all the way up to the frame cross member.

#422622 - 12/08/01 06:28 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Now I see how this member rating thing works! Disagree with XOC and it goes down
Whatever! I see you pull that sh|t all the time... Pick and choose who you help.
I think you know a sh|t load about the X but, who would want to post a problem in fear that you could or would technically shred them instead of help them out.
Fvck this

I didn't vote for you one way or another. If your rating went down, it's due to your lousy attitude during this thread, and votes from other people.

I don't choose to help anyone out. Everyone gets equal treatment, until they throw a fit like you.

You asked for help and I was just getting started when you decided my advice wasn't worthwhile.

Good luck making friends here, you have a fine start.

#422623 - 12/08/01 08:54 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

Well, I'm not to worried about making friends on a message board. I do have some good ideas and helpful hints for people when I am able to help. I have received many emails from people who were asking for help. And you know what, I helped them. I didn't give them a uninformed blow-off answer. If I can't help, I tell them "sorry, I can't help you" or I read what they wrote and say "maybe try this" or "this is how I did it". Not "Why are you using SLR's specs?". If you had taken the time to read I wasn't using them, just comparing them to see if I could find an answer. Look at gothamists posts... now there's a helpful person. Good input, give usful advice for my problem, he even supplied photo to referance what he was talking about.
Whatever Dude...

#422624 - 13/08/01 12:05 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Maybe I missed something.
I asked why you were using the SLR specs, at which point you should have said you weren't.
Instead, you posted 3 times in a row, getting more irate with each post.

I was looking for more information from you before just spewing out suggestions like most people on this board.

#422625 - 13/08/01 04:31 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

You said : "Why are you using SLR's specs ?
Regardless, all of you are going to have major problems soon with the amount of lift you've dialed in up front.
I've been running about 1.25" of clearance from the upper bump stop to the upper arm, and my steering crosslink is now toast, the end bushings are shot, and I have 3 degrees of toe-in play at the wheels."

Ian, This doesn't sound like you're trying to gather info or be helpful. It sounds like to me your explaining that people with the SLR / AC lift are stupid for installing them.
If you are actually that unhappy, You shouldn't do such a glowing write up about a lift. You sound pretty unhappy, almost dissatisfied.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: stormy ]

#422626 - 13/08/01 12:18 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Ian, This doesn't sound like you're trying to gather info or be helpful. It sounds like to me your explaining that people with the SLR / AC lift are stupid for installing them.

Maybe you misunderstood it.

I have the SLR lift installed, and am neither stupid, or unhappy, but I don't have the front end set too high like SSRXterra and Gothamist.

The higher you go, the steeper the steering tierod angle gets, which causes more leverage on the bushings on the centerlink (and everything else), which causes premature wear.

I was in the process of explaining this to you, when you decided to just bitch at me and go with the "crank it up real high, it looks cool" advice you had already received.

It's your truck, do with it as you please.

#422627 - 13/08/01 12:36 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
gothamist Offline

Loc: Virginia
Umm, right Ian. I'm the one with my torsion bars cranked up way too high...funny how your truck looks to have even steeper lower a-arm angles than mine does.

My truck looks to sit about this high as well, and I have a 2" body lift installed...so which of us has our lifts cranked up too high again?

I appreciate you sharing knowledge, as I'm sure others do. The difference is I don't have to put down others in order to make my experience and advice seem credible...perhaps you could learn from that.

#422628 - 13/08/01 12:46 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
SEXterra Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Easy guys,
I'm sure that Ian is just becoming frustrated because he has taken a hobby (his X), and made into work (admin of this forum)... and that probably takes all the fun out of both.

I am looking for a little guidance from you Ian. I hope you receive this request for information with positive favor.

I hope I understand this correctly.
I too have the SLR lift (Stage Two with T-AALs and shackels). I am currently running with about 1 inch clearance between the bumpstop and upper A-arm. I have not noticed my steering link to be failing at this time (just installed my EOE tie rod links yesterday, and checked for slop then), but I only have a few thousand on the lift so far.

Would you be kind enough to explain the failure of your steering link (specifically), the suspected cause (excessive T-bar lift... Am I doomed?), and the recovery costs.

For all: This sounds like a potentially costly issue all those considering a lift purchase. All X lifts (so far) are manufactered on the same concept... Extended A-arm/Ball joints that support extended T-Bar lift so factory alignment specs can be maintained.
This steering link issue could be a serious problem.

Also, Is SLR going to get you a replacement set of A-Arms to correct the fact that the bumpstop bumper on the A-Arm doesn't quite line up correctly with the bumpstop at full droop. (He noted that the 2nd run of arms would correct this issue. I am not at all pleased with this considering the price).

Thanks for your time,
Kennedy

#422629 - 13/08/01 01:03 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Rumor has it that AC has a new steering system in the works. Actually two of them. A "budget" model that gets the job done, and a "balls-to-the-wall" system that kicks ass. From what I understand, these should take care of the issues you are discussing... Stay tuned, or call Nissan Mike or Lady Nissan www.4x4parts.com .

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Caver-X ]

#422630 - 13/08/01 01:54 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by gothamist:
I appreciate you sharing knowledge, as I'm sure others do. The difference is I don't have to put down others in order to make my experience and advice seem credible...perhaps you could learn from that.

You guys (east coast jack-offs) crack me up. You go out of your way just to find a problem with anything I say or do. I did not put Stormy down until he had posted 3 things putting me down. It's like you have blinders on to your own species, and only see fault in people west of the Mississippi.

That picture of my Xterra was right after installation, prior to any adjustment, because you ECJO's wanted to see pictures and were whining.

I now have about 1.25" of space between the bumpstop and control arm, which was what I was getting to before Stormy decided to bitch and moan.

Go back to your kiss-ass AF board if you want too spread your limited knowledge of suspension systems.

You might want to start a "Blown Out CV Joint and Broken Tierod" forum over there since you guys are so good at breaking stuff while driving like idiots...

#422631 - 13/08/01 01:55 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by SEXterra:
Would you be kind enough to explain the failure of your steering link (specifically), the suspected cause (excessive T-bar lift... Am I doomed?), and the recovery costs.

Sorry, I'm done posting information on XOC.

If you want answers, talk to a "professional" like Gothamist, who has owned a 4X4 for 2 years, not someone like me who's been doing it since 1982.

#422632 - 13/08/01 01:56 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
I think that is just a rumor, Nissan Mike was just at the Colorado run and all he did was weld a sleeve over his tie rods(they can not be adjusted anymore) to prevent them from snapping and from what another Nissan owner said his centerlink was toast by time he left. I would have assumed he would have had at least a prototype installed on his truck for the run, it would have been a good place to test it out.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#422633 - 13/08/01 03:26 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Philosopher Offline

Quote:

Sorry, I'm done posting information on XOC.

If you want answers, talk to a "professional" like Gothamist, who has owned a 4X4 for 2 years, not someone like me who's been doing it since 1982.

WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

You are a whiny f*cking baby. You make dumb-ass statements like this every couple of months. Are you going to leave this board now like you had to leave the ITW board because people were "attacking" you? Maybe you should tell everyone again how you never finished high school because it wasn't "challenging enough" or how you joined MENSA when you were 6 years old, perhaps people will listen to you then.

Every once in a while, I think your gigantic GOD COMPLEX has eased up a bit but then you show me that if anything, it's gotten worse: "I'm not gonna post any more info cause people just won't listen to me. WWWAAAHHH."

Sad, sad, sad.

#422634 - 13/08/01 03:29 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
SEXterra Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Well don't I feel like a bystander during a drive by.
Honestly, I will ask Gothamist's opinion as well, but since you have the same lift I was hoping you would share some insight into what i should look out for. Perhaps you would email your thoughs?

I'm not interested in flexing attitudes just assimilating information to help assist in the decision process of my upgrade/repair route.

Thanks for the assistance if anyone cares to share.

#422635 - 13/08/01 03:31 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Philosopher Offline

Quote:

You guys (east coast jack-offs) crack me up. You go out of your way just to find a problem with anything I say or do. I did not put Stormy down until he had posted 3 things putting me down. It's like you have blinders on to your own species, and only see fault in people west of the Mississippi.

That picture of my Xterra was right after installation, prior to any adjustment, because you ECJO's wanted to see pictures and were whining.

I now have about 1.25" of space between the bumpstop and control arm, which was what I was getting to before Stormy decided to bitch and moan.

Go back to your kiss-ass AF board if you want too spread your limited knowledge of suspension systems.

You might want to start a "Blown Out CV Joint and Broken Tierod" forum over there since you guys are so good at breaking stuff while driving like idiots...

'East Coast Jack-Off's'? You think of that one all by yourself? Does that include EOE, whom you have bought tie rod adjusters from? Or is this just your "tongue-in-cheek, dry British wit"? You posted that pic for your lemmings who wanted to see the lift.

Bad day Ian? A bit too much 'XOC stress' perhaps?

Or just jealous that there is a board that offers 4x4 info and doesn't cater to the bullsh*t that prevails here at the Xtraordinarily Obsolete Clique? That must be it, as you said yourself: "XOC continues it's downward spiral into the bottomless pit of boringness and sameness." It's either that or you're bent out of shape because 'an1malch1n' made it thru the Iron Chest, which you couldn't get more than 300 feet into with 3" of lift and more articulation. Oh, but that's right, Trey told you that you couldn't have made it through anyway.

Go have a beer and a cigarette Ian.

#422636 - 13/08/01 05:48 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

"East Coast Jerk-Offs"

Thanks Ian, you just confirmed my suspicions... you are a stupid as*hole!

#422637 - 13/08/01 06:51 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

Quote:
[QB]
QB]

If you had bothered to read, That info was already posted. I said there was almost 2" of space. You were quick to try and do your old make him feel stupid and shut him up routine.
Like I said Ian, you do it all the time.

#422638 - 13/08/01 06:55 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
If you had bothered to read, That info was already posted. I said there was almost 2" of space. You were quick to try and do your old make him feel stupid and shut him up routine.
Like I said Ian, you do it all the time.

No, I wasn't. I was asking why you were using the SLR info for the AC lift.
You then said you were comparing them, and then before I could continue getting more information to help you, you started your tirade.

#422639 - 13/08/01 06:56 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Goliath The X:
Thanks Ian, you just confirmed my suspicions... you are a stupid as*hole!

What, it took you that long to figure it out ?

I may be an asshole, but at least I'm not "slow".

#422640 - 13/08/01 07:12 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Philosopher:
'East Coast Jack-Off's'? You think of that one all by yourself?

Yes. Fitting isn't it ? Not everyone falls into that category, but most of you do (and you know who).

Does that include EOE, whom you have bought tie rod adjusters from?

I have never bought anything from EOE. And no, Todd isn't on the list, because he doesn't come here calling me names when he is bored by the lack of traffic on the other boards.

You posted that pic for your lemmings who wanted to see the lift.

You were one of those lemmings Mike, would like to see the posts you made telling me to post pictures, and then complaining about them ?

Bad day Ian? A bit too much 'XOC stress' perhaps?

Not really.

Or just jealous that there is a board that offers 4x4 info and doesn't cater to the bullsh*t that prevails here at the Xtraordinarily Obsolete Clique?

What, the AF Xterra board ? Which is supposed to be a board for all Xterra types, but has been taken over by your group just to focus on 4X4 topics ?
A board where posts are censored if they mention another message board ?

It's either that or you're bent out of shape because 'an1malch1n' made it thru the Iron Chest, which you couldn't get more than 300 feet into with 3" of lift and more articulation.

You don't know what he drives do you ? A much more capable truck than mine.
The only other trucks to attempt it were Toyotas. And 300 feet out of 1200 isn't bad.

Oh, but that's right, Trey told you that you couldn't have made it through anyway.

And he was correct. An Xterra with stock gearing and a stock clutch will never make it up Iron Chest.

#422641 - 13/08/01 07:21 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosopher:
Are you going to leave this board now like you had to leave the ITW board because people were "attacking" you?

Kind of tough to do when I run the board.

Maybe you should tell everyone again how you never finished high school because it wasn't "challenging enough" or how you joined MENSA when you were 6 years old, perhaps people will listen to you then.

What would that accomplish Mike ?

"I'm not gonna post any more info cause people just won't listen to me. WWWAAAHHH."

I don't recall posting that Mike, where did you see it ?

I could care less if people listen or not. What I do care about is ECJO's ganging up on members of XOC (not just me). If someone does not agree with one of you, the rest have to show up to add their two cents, regardless of whether or not they know what they are talking about.

I have decided my time is better spent just running and moderating the board, instead of posting information to it.

Sad, sad, sad.

Not nearly as sad as you posting nothing to this board for the last year, with the exception of these messages to me.

[/QB]

#422642 - 13/08/01 07:51 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
schoolbus18 Offline

Loc: georgia
so does this mean that if i adjust my torsion bars, that there would be a problem with "premature wearing on the steering center link"?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal