2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422643 - 13/08/01 08:02 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
an1malch1n Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Whoa, uhhh, I'm really not trying to get in the middle of a flame war here so take this fwiw okie dokie smile

I only took a "friendly stab" at XOC at the 4x4 board and that is all it was. Definately not a put down. The "Iron Chest" is definately a difficult trail. Without the hopper gears(which I don't have) you will smoke your clutch no matter what. I don't care what you have unless you have totally regeared your rig (you have to do the trail to fully understan what I'm reffering too). As far as XOC going part way up that trail, that should be commended not belittled.

Can you make that trail without locks and hopper gears????? Yes, but we spent all after noon helping my yota buddy out to get him up there, the rest of us are locked and lifted and running much superior tires compared to him(yota). And yes your truck will take a HUGE punishment! So I don't want people taking what I said about XOC out of context, which was just me poking a little fun smile

BTW I'm just running an old Hardbody with many dents and years of wheeling on it, so damage to me really isn't that big of an issue anymore, if I had a newer vehicle I would definately be more concerned than what I have now.

I also was the one that stated the tie-rod issue with Mike. He assured me they were working on the steering set-up and I have no reason to doubt him about that either. I believe(though I didn't ask) that his tierod setup was so that he could wheel all week and not break anything on the trail. I consider that some good forthought (albeit not one I would have done for money reasons alone). Also I just bought a new steering centerlink right before this trip and by the end of "Iron chest" it is almost shot. These things are really really week when lifted and lots of rockcrawling. Just something you get used to doing when owning a Nissan. Anyway I don't know if he brought an extra set or not or why he did not have a prototype steering set up either(forgot to ask).<-----though this would have been the place to test it if he had it.

So anyway later fellas and happy wheeling!

#422644 - 13/08/01 08:05 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
SWXterraClub Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas USA
Quote:
Originally posted by schoolbus18:
so does this mean that if i adjust my torsion bars, that there would be a problem with "premature wearing on the steering center link"?

I think the problem is from people "Beefing up" their tie rods. People have been doing this because the are "weak".

Here are my thoughts.. In any system you always have a weak link. If you are smart you make the "weak" link an inexpensive and easy to replace part, like the tie rods. To me the tie rods are sort of like fuses on an electrical system. If they keep blowing then you should know that you have a bigger problem.

Beefing them up will only allow you to break a more expensive and harder to replace part while on the trail.

#422645 - 13/08/01 09:17 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
gothamist Offline

Loc: Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

You guys (east coast jack-offs) crack me up. You go out of your way just to find a problem with anything I say or do. I did not put Stormy down until he had posted 3 things putting me down. It's like you have blinders on to your own species, and only see fault in people west of the Mississippi.

That picture of my Xterra was right after installation, prior to any adjustment, because you ECJO's wanted to see pictures and were whining.

I now have about 1.25" of space between the bumpstop and control arm, which was what I was getting to before Stormy decided to bitch and moan.

Go back to your kiss-ass AF board if you want too spread your limited knowledge of suspension systems.

You might want to start a "Blown Out CV Joint and Broken Tierod" forum over there since you guys are so good at breaking stuff while driving like idiots...

Boy Ian, you must be really pissed you can't make any friends in your Rocky Mountain Xterra Club, huh?

Anyway, this was a good laugh when I got home. Let's see here...how many tries did it take you to get to the top of the waterfall at Black Bear? How many tries did it take Philosopher? Or how many tries did it take Pikachu's GIRLFRIEND? But right...we're the ones who can't drive.

BTW, that pic of my truck that stormy posted was taken the day after I installed my lift as well, so go try and find another reason to prove I'm an idiot.

p.s. I trust plenty of people's advice on these boards, just usually not yours...I have seen the terrain that the PNWX guys run (used to live out there) and know what it's like...plus they tend to pay for their parts, which is perhaps why they aren't hiding flaws like toasted steering components.

#422646 - 13/08/01 09:46 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by gothamist:
Boy Ian, you must be really pissed you can't make any friends in your Rocky Mountain Xterra Club, huh?

Yes, they all hate me, and they hate the time I have invested in our club planning trips, getting us discounts, building our website.

Let's see here...how many tries did it take you to get to the top of the waterfall at Black Bear?

3 when Mike was spotting me, 1 when I got out and spotted myself.

How many tries did it take Philosopher?

Or how many tries did it take Pikachu's GIRLFRIEND?

1. So it looks like women are better drivers, and ECJO's can't spot.

BTW, that pic of my truck that stormy posted was taken the day after I installed my lift as well, so go try and find another reason to prove I'm an idiot.

I wasn't trying to prove anything. I was explaining that steep angles will cause excessive wear on steering components, but then the ECJO's had to turn it into the usual turf-war.

I trust plenty of people's advice on these boards, just usually not yours...

Your problem, not mine.

I have seen the terrain that the PNWX guys run (used to live out there) and know what it's like...

Yeah, it's dirt and mud and rocks. What's your point ?

plus they tend to pay for their parts

You'd be surprised.

which is perhaps why they aren't hiding flaws like toasted steering components.

What exactly am I hiding ?
I mentioned the steering problem 2 days ago, right after my Nissan tech said the problem was getting bad.

Mosi's are toast too, and it isn't due to the lift.

#422647 - 14/08/01 04:31 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by SWXterraClub:

I think the problem is from people "Beefing up" their tie rods. People have been doing this because the are "weak".

Here are my thoughts.. In any system you always have a weak link. If you are smart you make the "weak" link an inexpensive and easy to replace part, like the tie rods. To me the tie rods are sort of like fuses on an electrical system. If they keep blowing then you should know that you have a bigger problem.

Beefing them up will only allow you to break a more expensive and harder to replace part while on the trail.

All of the blown centerlinks have come from people using the stock tie rods so your conclusion is not true at all. My centerlink is fine, and yes I am running the HD tie rod adjusters. I kind of see your point about a weak link(from Nissan's design point of view) but in fact the aftermarket for most every other truck has designed some HD components to eliminate the weak links..the HD tie rod adjusters are just the first step. I certainly would not have wanted a tie rod adjuster to bend or break when I was going up Carburetor Hill(in Kentucky) which you have to be hard on the throttle to make it up..to then lose my steering control and drop off the edge of the cliff the trail runs next to. I don't want a weak link on my truck.....at all.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#422648 - 14/08/01 04:32 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
I could care less if people listen or not. What I do care about is ECJO's ganging up on members of XOC (not just me). If someone does not agree with one of you, the rest have to show up to add their two cents, regardless of whether or not they know what they are talking about.

Ian, the fact is you do care. I had my rant because i think you're an arrogant prick who likes to push people around to make yourself look (and feel) better. I've seen you do it before, and you were doing it to me.

What do you expect... To throw around insults about how people are in a particular part of the country and not expect a responce (another example of Ian being arrogant). Yes Ian, I may have attacked you but I didn't drag everyone in the rocky mountain area into it by insulting what mods they have. Does that make you a RMJO? You're a jacka$$ Ian, and you continue to prove that with every bitter post.
Do you actually think that east coast members gang up on people?! You're reaching for insults Ian, but I know it's hard\impossible for you not to get the last word in.

Loose the god complex and I'm always right attitude Ian. :p

Where would we be without Ian The Great??? :rolleyes:

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: stormy ]

#422649 - 14/08/01 05:46 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Philosopher Offline

Lies by xoc:
Let's see here...how many tries did it take you to get to the top of the waterfall at Black Bear?

3 when Mike was spotting me, 1 when I got out and spotted myself.

Take another look at the video Ian. You never got out of your truck and looked at the trail yourself, which is why it took you 3 times to get up. I tried to tell you how to attack the obstacle, but The Great Ian Firth (TGIF) wasn't about to take advice from a Maryland boy on his home turf. Dumb on your part.

How many tries did it take Philosopher?

I think you mean one. Without stopping.

Or how many tries did it take Pikachu's GIRLFRIEND?

So it looks like women are better drivers, and ECJO's can't spot.

Nope, just that Sherrie is a better driver than you!

When TGIF is in a corner and realizes he's wrong, he lies instead of admitting he's wrong. Plain and simple. So sad.

#422650 - 14/08/01 11:31 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:
Ian, the fact is you do care. I had my rant because i think you're an arrogant prick who likes to push people around to make yourself look (and feel) better. I've seen you do it before, and you were doing it to me.

No, I wasn't. Simply go back and look at the thread, it's that easy. I mentioned you were measuring the wrong bumpstops. I asked why you were using SLR's directions. Then you started.

Had you verified you were indeed measuring the right location, and why you were using SLRs instructions for comparison, I would have had a chance to offer some advice, but you never bothered, you just immediately threw a fit.

What do you expect... To throw around insults about how people are in a particular part of the country and not expect a responce (another example of Ian being arrogant).

I waited until you had thrown your fit before I made fun of anyone. Again, the proof is in the thread, read it.

Do you actually think that east coast members gang up on people?!

Yes, I saw it start on the Yahoo board, then the ITW board, then here and Voy. Never once have I seen an ECJO disagree with another ECJO, even when wrong. It's a gang mentality, and downright spooky.

Loose the god complex and I'm always right attitude Ian.

Ok, I will when someone proves me wrong.

[/QB]

#422651 - 14/08/01 11:35 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosopher:
Take another look at the video Ian. You never got out of your truck and looked at the trail yourself

Who's video ? Your edited video ? I got out of my X twice and looked at the obstacle.

When TGIF is in a corner and realizes he's wrong, he lies instead of admitting he's wrong. Plain and simple. So sad.

Prove it. Post the entire video of the hour we were there.

#422652 - 14/08/01 11:46 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Philosopher Offline

Ok, I will when someone proves me wrong.

How do you prove to a megalomaniac that he's wrong?

Who's video ? Your edited video ? I got out of my X twice and looked at the obstacle.

Prove it. Post the entire video of the hour we were there.

It's either on Carlton's video or on Pikachu's video. I wasn't filming video, I was (in your words) making "short work of the obstacle up the correct line."

HUGS! smile

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: Philosopher ]

#422653 - 14/08/01 12:04 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

I've got to hand it to you Ian. You've got a come back for EVERYTHING! laugh

#422654 - 14/08/01 12:19 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
I've got to hand it to you Ian. You've got a come back for EVERYTHING! laugh

That's because I'm not human, but just a 'bot running on the server here...

#422655 - 14/08/01 12:21 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
That being said...can y'all drop this now. Obviously you guys don't agree. There's no need to keep this up.

But Mike and I haven't talked this much in 6 months. I miss our dialogs.

#422656 - 14/08/01 03:58 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
arkman Offline

Loc: Santa Monica CA
Holy Sh*t. You guys are killin me!
eek

What round is it?

I'm sure it occurred to everyone by now that Ian loves conflict. If he didn't, he just wouldn't respond.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: arkman ]

#422657 - 14/08/01 06:54 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arkman:

I'm sure it occurred to everyone by now that Ian loves conflict. If he didn't, he just wouldn't respond.
[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: arkman ]

No Sh!t...

#422658 - 14/08/01 07:09 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:

No Sh!t...

Hey, I heard that...

#422659 - 14/08/01 07:26 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

Quote:

Hey, I heard that...

You're such a Bot!

Your words not mine... laugh

#422660 - 14/08/01 07:32 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
please stop the XOC lovefest people. Blech. :p

#422661 - 14/08/01 07:33 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
stormy Offline

It was a joke Matt... didn't you see the laugh

Ruin the fun again :p

#422662 - 14/08/01 07:46 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
SSRXterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Tx, 78248
Hey im SSRXterra you know the guy with the "To cranked up T-Bar's, for that way cool look." But I have a legit question.

Caver-X, do you happen to know anything else about this steering setup that AC is rumored to be making? I would love to know if this is for real or simply made up. I would deffently be in the market for a new steering setup. Please let me know if ya know anything. Thanks, ~Kevin

#422663 - 14/08/01 09:39 PM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
liv2x Offline

Loc: Sumner, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by matt peckham:
Blech. :p

Don't you mean Belch
wink

#422664 - 15/08/01 05:29 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
how dare you to correct my onamonapeitic spelling! Just because I am from Connecticut, stop singling those of us out who were lucky enough to grow up in the one county in the world that was found to be accent free! When will the persecution end!

#422665 - 15/08/01 06:26 AM Re: Camber on the AC lift???
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by SSRXterra:
Caver-X, do you happen to know anything else about this steering setup that AC is rumored to be making? I would love to know if this is for real or simply made up. I would deffently be in the market for a new steering setup. Please let me know if ya know anything. Thanks, ~Kevin

Give 'em a call (954-970-9626), they'll be more than happy to tell you what they have in the works!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal