2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422728 - 13/08/02 10:15 PM X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
XTario Offline

Loc: Canada,QC
Hi,
I was parked next to another SC 2002 and noticed her back end was almost 2 inches higher than mine.
Her truck was quite new and I couldn't help but notice the difference in height levels bewteen our two SC 02's. Mine looked a little 'ass heavy' ..just a tad slouchier than this solar yellow one next to it..
I measured the wheel hub space in the rear from top tire to fender and mine had a lot less space in the wheel hub.
I looked underneath to maybe to see some mod..but I doubt I could've noticed the difference in mods or not.
It looked like it had more of a forward lean..
should I see Nissan for that?
Are most X's like this..are they all somewhat different???

#422729 - 14/08/02 12:36 AM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
It also depends on how new her's is too.

Though I doubt you have "ass-sag" since your truck is relatively new, it's a common thing in the Xterra and in all mid-size and up SUV's. The X is kind of like J.Lo, pretty flat in the front but packing in the back, so I reckon the springs will crap out on you soon or later(springs, leafs, not quite sure).

Of course, not every Xterra is going to have exactly similar heights, but 2" sounds a little much for me. Do you pack anything heavy in the cargo area on a constant basis?

#422730 - 14/08/02 07:06 AM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
XTario Offline

No not really.
I packed a heavy load back in July:
some patio stones and some 3 to 4 bags of sand.
it was quite heavy but I live just around the corner from the home depot store.
My truck is big in the back as all others..
I taped it on video to see it go by on screen and it looks as others..
Just that seeing that height difference kind of bothered me..
Thanks...

#422731 - 14/08/02 08:18 AM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
I have a feeling its new vs. used, (broken in), as well. From time to time, I've noticed the height differences as well when pulling up next to an X, half the time, it seems to be an illusion. Maybe try going down to the dealer and compare there ?
I haven't seen any truly modified X's is our area.. except for bug guards, waags, and tail light guards.. most of the owners I meet still call it an excetera and can't figure out how to find parts unless it says Nissan on them.

#422732 - 14/08/02 10:15 AM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
XTario Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xcanuk:
I have a feeling its new vs. used, (broken in), as well. From time to time, I've noticed the height differences as well when pulling up next to an X, half the time, it seems to be an illusion. Maybe try going down to the dealer and compare there ?
I haven't seen any truly modified X's is our area.. except for bug guards, waags, and tail light guards.. most of the owners I meet still call it an excetera and can't figure out how to find parts unless it says Nissan on them.
Hi D
How r u bud?
I just came back form my first X trip to New Brunswick.
It was amazing..
Is that to NH trip still on???
I met a few Xers there too..one guy painted his bumpers on his Black 02 SC ...I didn't like it..

Illusion..perhaps at times..I find that if the ground is off just a tad..It makes a difference on the X's stance height.
But this yellow X I'm talking about was quite significant. It was VERY new too..The mags were still shining on the INSIDE rim..I clean mine there as well..but these were spit shine clean...no brake dust..The chic took off before I had a chance to ask her a few questions..
Going to the dealer tomorrow before noon to warranty claim some rust spots under the weather stripping on door side body frame.
Did a check onheight on a few X's at the dealer last time I was there...They were all somewhat different...

#422733 - 14/08/02 10:51 AM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
02's have a fairly soft spring pack. If you had any weight back there it could make a difference. I can get almost 1-2" just removing the stock spare tire, let alone my tools.

Just a thought

ALAN

#422734 - 14/08/02 02:52 PM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
XTario Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CheetaraX:
02's have a fairly soft spring pack. If you had any weight back there it could make a difference. I can get almost 1-2" just removing the stock spare tire, let alone my tools.

Just a thought

ALAN
Thanks..Cheet
While parked to this yellow 'high rider' wink
I removed all I had in the back..which wasn't THAT much..lay it out all over the parking lot..
My truck height didn't move a bit.

Well you can see pics of my X here on my website on the last pages named CUSTOM and the page before I believe...
If anyone takes a peek they can see if my truck looks as I described or not.

#422735 - 20/08/02 09:33 AM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
NissanXterraNyc Offline

Loc: Queens, New York
In order: XE XE-V6 Se-V6

Overall height (with roof rack) — 4x2 73.7 73.7 74.4
Overall height (with roof rack) — 4x4 NA 73.7 74.2

#422736 - 20/08/02 01:45 PM Re: X Stock height..Is this variation I have noticed normal?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Those measurements are only different between XE and SE because of the tires.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal