2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422740 - 18/07/01 12:04 PM SLR report...
SEXterra Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Just called SLR, my upper A arm ball joint boots on my lift had ripped, just like Ian documented in the reviews section. The spindle angle was also a little off with the ball joints that shipped with my kit.

Spencer said they have a new upper ball joint that is shipping with these kits and he would send me one out ASAP.

Also: Bought the AC Milemarker 10500 hydraulic winch and installed last week. The provided hydraulic adapter (which replaces the power steering pump connector) left a little to be desired due to fitting into the unfortunate rats nest of an engine compartment in the X. Tie Rod Mike and I came up with a plan to have MM custom modify the OEM hydraulic adapter to fit. Sent it to him last week, it should be ready this week. All for free! I am very happy!

BTW: the winch is PRIMO! Very satisfied, especially after I get the OEM adapter back in. I did also buy the 3 ton "more power puller" in case I ever get stuck with a dead engine.

Fedex lost my EOE sliderz... Contacted EOE, Todd said no prob... he drop kicked fedex, filed a claim with them and sent me a new set, no questions asked. Just got em yesterday

For all the other aftermarket parts suppliers out there:
THAT IS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Just wanted to issue props to three companies that support the Xterra community the way it should be supported.

Kennedy

------------------
kennedyusmc@earthlink.net
"Bring me the donut Mojo"

[This message has been edited by SEXterra (edited 07-18-2001).]

#422741 - 18/07/01 12:39 PM Re: SLR report...
ned946 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SEXterra:
Also: Bought the AC Milemarker 10500 hydraulic winch and installed last week.

Great news! Customer service makes ALL the difference!

Not trying to flame, but your winch begs a question of the ARB (which I am assuming you are using). What is the ARB on the Xterra rated for?

------------------

#422742 - 18/07/01 12:55 PM Re: SLR report...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Just a follow up, I got the new ball joints from SLR last week, and the boot design is much better.

I'll be updating the review to mention this when I find the time.

------------------
Regards,
Ian

#422743 - 18/07/01 01:26 PM Re: SLR report...
SEXterra Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
You know,
That's an interesting question.
Since most use the Warn xd9000 or hs9500 I figure the extra 1k won't make that much of a difference.
Plus, the 10,500 lb is the optimum rating. I doubt you'll get more than 7-8k under normal trail conditions (wierd angles, wire not spooled all the way out, etc.)

Winching is dangerous, obviously. I'm worried about stretching the ARB mount holes like a few have done with their Warn's. I'm really interested in beefing up the mounting system, especially after seeing the solutions many of the guys have come with for body lifts (No body lift wanted, just one of those super strong mounting methods)

Needless to say I winch with extreme care to prevent damage to anyone or the ARB.

------------------
kennedyusmc@earthlink.net
"Bring me the donut Mojo"

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal