So I finally got in to get the broken leaf spring replaced on my '00 XE smile ......and while I was there I asked the boys to check out the other side where it appeared that the overload leaf was put back on upside down last year when I had another leaf replaced........SO.....when they did they confirmed that it was upside down.....AND......the nuts on the U-bolts were after loosening about 1/4"-1/2" over the last year [Spit] .....most likely a result of tightening then with air and then not checking manually with a rachet (ALWAYS DO THIS)........SO......as a result the whole leaf assembly was loose, the leafs were slowly flattening and the overload leaf that was upsidedown was wearing into the U-bolt and the top of the axel/rear-end assembly......holy shit I was wild mad ......but the boys said for another 25 bones they would re-arc the leaf on that side and put the overload leaf on rigth with new U-bolts and everything, what a great bunch of fellers laugh !!!!........truck finally runs like it should again........and to boot I was gone to Halifax for a week and came back to snow!!!!!! laugh