Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423142 - 25/02/04 10:50 PM SLR Replacement UCAs
xterrabull Offline

Loc: san jose, CA, USA
Just an FYI if you have the older version SLR UCAs & cannot get caster alignment to spec; or if you need too much lift to get camber in spec.
Here's my story:
After ~1.75 years***, I called SLR & they replaced my UCAs with new ones (tubular, not econ) for $120 + shipping (what they considered the cost of the ball joints & bushings). I put them on this weekend, & today my alignment shop got perfect, factory spec alignment with no trouble at all -- & with plenty of UCA bumpstop clearance & good CV angles as well. All in all, I am VERY pleased that SLR worked with me on this after so much time had passed since my original purchase.

So, if you're sick of a crappy ride (I can't believe how many freeway miles I racked up with NEGATIVE 1.2 degrees of caster & t-bars cranked to all hell), but thought you had no choice but to pay full price for new lift arms, you may want to give them a call & see if you can work something out.

It's too bad that SLR was not proactive in confronting this issue originally (caveat emptor, though, I suppose), but this worked out as well as I could have hoped for considering I myself wasn't very proactive with the problem...My only other issue with the whole deal was that it took 2 mos to get the parts when I was told originally to expect ~1.5 weeks.

***NOTE: Why did it take me so long to do this? At the same time that I put on the SLR UCAs, I also put in SAW T-bars which took a very long time to settle (every time I though they had settled, I went to the sand dunes & found out otherwise). As a consequence, I didn't get a good feel for the align-ability (or lack there of) of the UCAs for quite some time...& by then I thought I was plain SOL. But finally one day I said "what the hell..." & picked up the phone.

#423143 - 25/02/04 10:55 PM Re: SLR Replacement UCAs
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrabull:
It's too bad that SLR was not proactive in confronting this issue originally (caveat emptor, though, I suppose), but this worked out as well as I could have hoped for considering I myself wasn't very proactive with the problem...My only other issue with the whole deal was that it took 2 mos to get the parts when I was told originally to expect ~1.5 weeks.
I ended up buying Calmini arms 4 months after buying the Stage III SLR kit and giving up on their promises for "making the customer happy".

#423144 - 26/02/04 10:38 AM Re: SLR Replacement UCAs
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I remember mentioning this a few months ago when we were talking about the new fixture for the UCAs that we were working out over the summer.

It's good that he made them right and that you're happy with your truck now.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal