2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#424267 - 16/07/02 12:01 PM Re: steering being tested at ECXC!!!
wilburburns Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky
Well, I did see it in action at ECXC. On Pika's Truck. For anyone who has ever spotted Pika through an obstacle, you understand what I'm about to say...

Get out of his way. He will put steering systems or bandaids as they have been called here to the test. I spotted him through one rock garden and did not notice any steering play at all. Basically, it worked. How long it will last, I will leave that up to those testing it, but it worked and is a cheap solution/bandaid if it continues to work.

Cliff
NOR Admin

#424268 - 16/07/02 09:05 PM Re: steering being tested at ECXC!!!
Marty Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa Ca
Sorry I don't have much time tonight, but am in the middle of moving.
The only thing I saw was that someone seemed to think that the u-bolts held the rotation. The rotation is stopped at a point on the end of the dogbone. The passenger-side also has a mounting point for the steering stablizer.

#424269 - 17/07/02 12:59 AM Re: steering being tested at ECXC!!!
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
Looks pretty unsafe to me.
Agreed.

I'm sure it works ok but it looks like something you'd weld together on a trail after a break down just to get you home so you can really fix the problem.

I'd rather just save up for a few more months and get a permanent fix like the Calmini than stuff some stop-gap soulution under my X.

I guess its a moot point since I still have my original center-link. [Finger]

Xterra101.com

#424270 - 17/07/02 06:13 AM Re: steering being tested at ECXC!!!
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I just wish Calmini would put out their steering kit. My centerlink is not a spring chicken, and I'd hate to get an interim one and then replace it with a functional steering system.

Matt

#424271 - 17/07/02 08:02 AM Re: steering being tested at ECXC!!!
MeWantSnow! Offline

Loc: Sparta, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
I just wish Calmini would put out their steering kit. My centerlink is not a spring chicken, and I'd hate to get an interim one and then replace it with a functional steering system.

Matt
Ding Ding Ding..we have a winner!!!!!! When Calmini introduced their steering system, I thought it was great...from what I've seen of Calmini, they produce quality products. It's the availability date of late August that I can't deal with right now. I'll be suprised if they in fact are available by then...I'm guessing it won't be till September or October. But anyway, I needed a solution NOW!! SLR is just way out of my price range. Will I buy the Calmini system when it gets released?? Most likely. But for now, I'll be running this centerlink guidance system, and it looks like I won't have any problems. And when it does come time to install the Calmini system...the one I'm using now will always be in the back of the X, just waiting to be installed incase the Calmini fails.

#424272 - 17/07/02 10:28 AM Re: steering being tested at ECXC!!!
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
I think that generalization should sum things up and finally end this all about now smile
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal