2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425269 - 08/04/05 08:59 PM Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I travel back logging and hunting roads on a regular basis, and i want to get a good sturdy, suspension, some thing practical but can take a beating???

- NFLD....canadas best kepp secret!

#425270 - 09/04/05 07:35 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Hoppy....another silver X on here from Nfld.....How ya getin on cocky!!! [Wave]

#425271 - 09/04/05 07:43 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
G'Day, Most of the folks 'round here are gonna recommend either a Blisten set (most recommended I think) or a set of Rancho's (good too, bye!)

Take it easy! and welcome bye laugh

#425272 - 09/04/05 08:23 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys!!!, oh newfix, i have another friend with a sliver X here on the rock....he should be joining up soon. thinkin abou tsetting up a club or something here!!!

#425273 - 09/04/05 08:27 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
There you go The NFX. Cool name, I smell a new X chapter in the works! [ThumbsUp]

#425274 - 09/04/05 10:56 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The stock suspension can take a beating if you want to upgrade your shocks I just put on the Bilis and they made a substantial improvement.

Dont forget Rancho, I know a few with the Ranchos and they swear by them also!!!

#425275 - 09/04/05 01:50 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey xnfld....sould be cool.....what part of nf are ya anyway? Me and hoppy are on da avalon!!

#425276 - 09/04/05 01:53 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

NewfieX---- i am also from the avalon, mt pearl. but im living out on the west coast of NF. my buddy with the 2001se lives in MP also...we should hook up and go for a burn sometime!!

#425277 - 09/04/05 01:53 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ohhh my...wheres my manners!!! :rolleyes: I meant what part of NL are ya....gotta get it right...don't wanna offend anyone by saying NF!!

#425278 - 09/04/05 01:56 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool man...hoppy is also from town, he would probley be game as well and I'm just and hour a way...

#425279 - 09/04/05 02:40 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

thats cool!! we are gonna be in town around the end of april, i have to get some warrenty work done at oneil motors. its pretty shitty that i have to drive across the island to get work done. so do you have any mods on your X????

#425280 - 09/04/05 03:04 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

nahh not really any mods yet....I just got a wagg grille guard, and mounted a set of lights on it...but thats about it....I only got my X in Jan...so haven't really been about to put away any money for mods yet....I'm planning a set of 31x10.5's BFG's, and I hope to get a lift sometime in the near future. How about you? any mods? what about you friend, does he have any? I have a few pics of my X in the pictures section.....post up some of yours!!!

#425281 - 09/04/05 03:30 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no mods yet either, like yourself i just got mine 2 weeks before xmas, i have a set of dayton timberline AT's 31x10.5, thats about it. Where did you get your gril gaurd to?? what kind of lights, thats my next purchase.

#425282 - 09/04/05 04:05 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh yeah...how do i post pictures of my X?????

#425283 - 09/04/05 05:02 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

As for the pics....all the details are at the top in the pictures section on how to do it....go to a site www.imageshack.us, and upload your pics.....and it will give ya lots of url's (links to your pics) What I do is pick the one that links to the full size image, and right click it to copy that link.....then go in the picture section and type [img]then paste the link and then type [/img] at the end of your link...that should link it up for ya.....after ya do it the first time you'll get the hang of it.

#425284 - 09/04/05 05:06 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

As for the grille guard, I bought it off a guy from mt. pearl. he had it on his X, but he sold her, and I bought the guard off him....the lights aren't great, I cheaped out for a set at can tire, the BAJA ones, just so that the guard would look finished....So I really lucked out on that one.....how do you find your tires??

#425285 - 09/04/05 05:35 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

the tire are awesome!!! i didnt want anything to aggrssive because i do most of my driving on the high way. they are good i must say, havent got stuck yet!!!!!

#425286 - 09/04/05 05:47 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool man...I wanna get the BFG AT's....they really give them a good name....and I am only a mild offroader, done a few light trails around here...nothing extreme...like some guys on here....I look at some of the pics on here, and say Gezzz thats crazy....but it looks f**king awesome!! My X is a daily driver, so I can't razz her up too bad. Well not yet anyway!! But i'm truely lovin it!! Did you have any trouble gettin the tires to fit, with the stock suspension?? Some say that you have to do some minor trimmin of the plastic's...did you??

#425287 - 09/04/05 08:06 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

the tires fit ok, but i still have to trim some plastic up front, i have a minor rub when i have the wheels turnned all the way. if you get 31x10.5 you will diffently have to cut plastic. the BFG are a really nice tire. im kinda like your self when it comes to wheelin, i enjoy riding back roads and the occasional mud hole but my X is a daily driver as well....im working on the pics so i will post them soon. i must say ever since i got mine i have been really impressed, its really solid handles the road well...but its a pig on gas!!!!

#425288 - 09/04/05 09:28 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hahaha!! yeah...they do like the gas....but mine wasen't as bad as I thought it was gonna be tho..well mines std. as well so that helps alittle.....whats yours?? But the way everyone was talkin....I was like..ohh no!! But actually was abit impressed!! Now no doubt the bigger tires will burn up a bit more too. Gas prices suck!!

#425289 - 10/04/05 08:30 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

unfortunaitly, mine is automatic!!! i would lovre to have an 5 spd, but i took what i could get when i was looking. a little hint for ya, in stead of burning all the gas in the tank, fillup when it gets to half tank...its cheaper to fill it up and you will always have a full tank or close to full. i figure i lost about 25km to a tank when i put my tires on. The BFG/s are a real nice tire but in town you will pay big bucks for them...the timberline MT's are another good buy..GCR in st anns Industrial park gave me 70$ off each tire..no questions asked its was a sweet deal!

#425290 - 10/04/05 09:25 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool...sounds good...I may just check that out...I want the BFG's but they are expensive, so I may look at other options....But I'm afraid that some of the other brands wear faster then the BFG's....When I had my cavy with the 17" wheels, I used to have to put a new set on it every summer $$$$....and that sucked. I just want something with a nice aggressive thread, with good wear, not noisy, and not expensive!! I was looking at the Calmini lifts last nite on here...dammm I want one sooo bad!! Oh ya hows the picture thing working?? figure it out yet??

#425291 - 10/04/05 11:30 AM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

havent posted them yet still trying to figure it all out!! br up tonight1

#425292 - 10/04/05 12:50 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a pic up now...still have to put more up...i have one of my tires and the piece you have to cut off!! but its not up yet...lol

#425293 - 11/04/05 05:44 PM Re: Logging Road Rider!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it is good to see a few more Newf's finally showing up laugh ... I see so many Xterra's in and around St. John's I was wondering when some would show up here!

I just got me rig back last thursday and it runs great again so I am up for a cruise somewhere I imagine, just let me know when and I will see [ThumbsUp]

I was after a set of BFG AT's as well but I got a deal on some Long Trails I couldn't say no to so they will have to do for now. :rolleyes:

I also considered some Toyo Open Country AT's from a spot in Airport Heights (Tirecraft) and some Pirelli Scorpion AT's from TJ's off of Torbay Road. Both would have ran about $1000 installed for 4 though and the Long Trails ran $466 installed so I couldn't say no. A set of Revo's from Costco will run about $950 I think. Speedy on Kenmount sells BFG AT's for about $175 plus tax a tire (I think), probably your best spot for them in town. [Wave]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal