2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#427484 - 27/08/07 12:25 PM 2" body Lift questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I have read all the threads on these subjects and the excellent instructions from Soccerbrace but still have some questions.

BODY LIFT

1. I have read that you should watch out for a heating coil when doing the body lift. Is this something that is a neccessity?

2. Why do people not raise the radiator, would it not be better to have it raised?

3. How did you guys even reach the steering bolt I can hardly spray it, let alone reach it!

4. Extra washers, why? are the bolts too long that come with the kit?

Cheers

Snorri

#427485 - 27/08/07 12:59 PM Re: 2" body Lift questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. I've not heard of people having issues with that. Never had an issue myself either during the 5 lifts I helped with.

2. Raising the radiator is not really necessary because all the piping still reaches and there's no real benefit for it being higher. It's not really in the way to begin with.

3. There are two bolts. Once you look from the driver side down, you'll see a splined section that you need to reach. About 6 extentions will do the trick. You also might need to move the steering around before you tie it down to make sure the bolt is facing up and is easy to reach.

4. Extra washers because the kit always seems to be missing some. Bolt length is fine. I think that 3 out of the 5 BLs that I helped with were missing some washers. One kit hardly had any at all.

Good luck!

#427486 - 27/08/07 04:47 PM Re: 2" body Lift questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the Kudos!

1-heating coil? You are fine, nothing to worry about

2-When you do the BL, I would not worry about the radiator. Made no difference for me or anyone I can think of

3-Well if you get the PB blast, the tube that comes with it gives you a direst shot. Try going from the wheel well. Also, you may want to try standing on the tires and then geting a better angle on it

4- in my case, the 2 rear most bolts WERE too long so I ended up using extra washers. I have done a few BL's on Xterra's and I was the only one that had to add these bolts. My advice, buy them, keep the receipt, return if you do not use. It is better to have them and not need them then to need them and not have them.

Good luck buddy, call me if you need help!-James

719-640-3790

#427487 - 27/08/07 09:20 PM Re: 2" body Lift questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Guys, you answered my questions and set my mind at rest.

Full kudos to you soccerbrace - excellent instructions, thanks

Cheers
Snorri

#427488 - 28/08/07 07:19 PM Re: 2" body Lift questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by soccerbrace:

4- in my case, the 2 rear most bolts WERE too long so I ended up using extra washers. I have done a few BL's on Xterra's and I was the only one that had to add these
This happened on one of the ones I helped with also. Same thing, the 2 rear bolts.

#427489 - 29/08/07 03:28 AM Re: 2" body Lift questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

AC has been shipping them with spacers for a while to take up the extra length on on the rear 2 bolts so it shouldn't be a problem.

by "heater coil" I think you mean heater core. just watch the the two rubber heater core hoses on the passenger side firewall to make sure they don't pull too much when lifting. I have always pulled them just to be safe. If you break one of the plastic nipples off of the heater core you will be a very pissed off person because I heard that job sucks.

you don't raise the radiator, you actually lower it. It is optional with the 2" because you can just pull the lower removable section of the cowl off. I personally would drop the radiator and keep the clip in piece in there but that is just cause i am a picky SOB

#427490 - 29/08/07 09:19 AM Re: 2" body Lift questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

The first time i flexed after the BL, i broke one of the plastic heater core nipples on the firewall. Luckily there was enough plastic to reattach w/ a new hose clamp.

to prevent this from happening you can just unsnap the plastic hose keeper clamp thing at the back of the engine. it will give your hoses the slack they need. i just wish i would have noticed it before.

let me know if you need a picture.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal