Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#427499 - 24/04/02 02:46 PM 3rd time bck for alignment..Mech. needs to file off bolts?
XTario Offline

Loc: Canada,QC
Camber plates or just some stock piece?
The alginment guy mentioned he would be filing off the camber bolt?
Camber plates? I didn't really check to see if the truck had them..but he said this to the service guy..I overheard that..
he mentioned to me something about putting new bolts on the front shocks and adding camber to it, does that mean the X doesn't come with camber plates or what? I didn't ask too many questions..just finished a night shift..left the truck there and he seemed to know what he was talking about..I don't know why they didn't do it the 1ST time.

This he said should help elimiante the right drifting.

#427500 - 24/04/02 04:40 PM Re: 3rd time bck for alignment..Mech. needs to file off bolts?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Is this a Nissan dealer ?

Camber is adjusted by two eccentric bolts on the upper control arm. There should be no reason to file off anything. Replacing the bolts, or the adjusting washers would do nothing.

Putting new bolts on the shocks would do nothing but remove money from your wallet.

#427501 - 24/04/02 05:07 PM Re: 3rd time bck for alignment..Mech. needs to file off bolts?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
YIKES! Get your truck out of there NOW!

#427502 - 24/04/02 09:00 PM Re: 3rd time bck for alignment..Mech. needs to file off bolts?
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
It took my dealership about 4 times to get the alignment corrected on mine. They tried everything from putting it on the machine to rotating the tires. Finally they said they were going to bring it to a professional alignment shop. Somehow they corrected the problem and told me they adjusted the alignment. Drives straight as an arrow. Although they wasted 4-1/2 hours of my time and took the truck overnight to correct the problem. Haven't been to that dealership since. I agree with the other two posts something sounds fishy. Remember your truck is under warranty so you shouldn't have to pay a dime.

#427503 - 24/04/02 10:35 PM Re: 3rd time bck for alignment..Mech. needs to file off bolts?
Nut Offline

Loc: Calif
These guys sound dangerous. Hopefully NOT a Nissan Dealership. Find another shop or dealer which is able to correctly align the vehicle.
The X's are very, very, very sensitive to alignment spec's and variance from left to right. Since the caster setting will usually have the greatest effect on tracking other then tires, a dealer that knows his shit will set up a veh to have slightly less caster on the left side then the right (approx. 0.2' degrees) to give a slight drift to the left to compensate for road crown and what seems like most X's desire to go right.

Good luck. eek

#427504 - 25/04/02 01:17 PM Re: 3rd time bck for alignment..Mech. needs to file off bolts?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I was told the bolts on the lower control arm were stripped and that's why mine was cutting to the right (even after several alignments). They replaced them and aligned it again and now it doesn't cut to the right anymore...but it still drifts slightly and is sensitive to roads with a crown. I've just learned to live with it.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal