2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429086 - 10/01/05 12:46 PM Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

You all are probably going to bash this posting because i'm not like you (I have no passion for offroading) but, I have seen Xterras that were lowered rather than lifted, and I was wondering if anybody knew where to find the suspension parts to do this?

#429087 - 10/01/05 12:57 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Here\'s your link... get out of Texas if you don\'t like it

And please god don't post pictures laugh

EDIT - it doesn't mention the front... but you could probably loosen the torsion bars and get it realigned for that if you only drop it an inch or so.

#429088 - 10/01/05 02:27 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you slash the tires that will lower it a couple of inches.

#429089 - 10/01/05 03:20 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please, think of the X. She'll be sad forever.

frown

#429090 - 10/01/05 04:59 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Is there a function you need the X to be lower to be able to do, or is this a cosmetic issue?

If there's a function, some parts would work better, if its cosmetic, there are less expensive versions you could try....

What did you want the lowered X to be able to do better?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#429091 - 10/01/05 05:22 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by mi_what:
...but, I have seen Xterras that were lowered rather than lifted, and I was wondering if anybody knew where to find the suspension parts to do this?
What The Fuck is a matter with you...and ruin a perfectly nice Xterra...DON'T DO IT...PLEASE, DON'T DO IT....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#429092 - 10/01/05 06:42 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright well it looks like I have fan mail, let me take care of some issues here:

JEWALKER and NJAX, thank you for going to school and paying attention (for the most part). I have to say that I found very little punctuation errors in your bashing.

As for the rest of you:

Kaiser442 in his infinite wisdom posted:
"And please god don't post pictures "
First of all, I would like to point out to all that although I am high up there, I am not God, and if you were asking god not to post my pictures, don't worry I don't think he will. And since God is a formal noun the first letter is capitalized. Thank you for your posting none the less.

Alpine Spirit was kind enough to tell me:
"If you slash the tires that will lower it a couple of inches."
Well, he might not know this but the word "it" rather than "that" would have been more suitable for this sentence fragment. Also, the word couple is used in place of the numerical value two (hence a man and a woman being called a couple), if I were to "slash the tires" it would lower my Xterra four and a half to five inches. When you have something more clever be sure to post it again.

Rickster43 was probably my favorite post today:
" What The Fuck is a matter with you...and ruin a perfectly nice Xterra...DON'T DO IT...PLEASE, DON'T DO IT...."
Here we go, the word "the" and "fuck" are not formal nouns therefore do not need to be capitalized. The caps lock button on your computer does however need to be turned off, and when you end your sentence fragments with a "please" it usually needs to be followed by a question mark. Here I will be kind enough to show you:
Can you help me take my head out of my ass please? (my writing)
Not:
Can You Help...ME TAKE MY...HEAD OUT OF MY ASS PLEASE... (your writing)
Do you see the difference?
Lastly, being that you are from San Antonio, you have seen my Xterra; it is the silver one with the green graphics, painted bumpers, three T.V screens, a couple (two) of MTX audio 12" subwoofers, and a 250 Watt amplifier.

#429093 - 10/01/05 06:52 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heh, thanks for the props on the correct grammar.

Though I personally wouldn't choose to lower a truck like the X, it's definitely your choice, and I'm sure there are plenty of shops/internet sites out there that you could find to suit your needs...I don't happen to know of any, however. laugh

Have fun and prepare yourself for the flaming you'll receive. But hey, it's definitely something different, right?

#429094 - 10/01/05 07:17 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

i dun thunk We's half ourself's a TROLL?!

FUCK Grammer. i did, and she LOVED it!

#429095 - 10/01/05 07:21 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mmmmmmm, grammar. Kinky.

#429096 - 10/01/05 07:26 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Ha! Literally, "schooled" by the newbie! [ThumbsUp]

#429097 - 10/01/05 07:32 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mi_what:
"And please god don't post pictures "
First of all, I would like to point out to all that although I am high up there, I am not God, and if you were asking god not to post my pictures, don't worry I don't think he will. And since God is a formal noun the first letter is capitalized. Thank you for your posting none the less.

You seemed to miss a few capitalizations Mr. Grammar teacher. You point out that God must be capitalized since it is a formal noun, yet you forgot to capitalize it. Also, when talking about God using "He, She, It, etc..." That must also be capitalized because it is understood that you are talking about God.

You may continue trolling young man.

#429098 - 10/01/05 07:34 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to begin my next exerpt by saying thank you to JEWALKER for being optimistic. The fact that you actually had something other than a negative response to my posting has prevented you from a blunt blow to your intelligence. I like to think that the owner of a vehicle has the right to do whatever it is that he or she wants; whether it be lifting or lowering, stock system or 150dB system, and no lights or so many neons that it looks like New Years at New York. I also am a firm believer that people have the opportunity to acheive the highest IQ possible and they display theirs by: opening their mouth at first chance or thinking before speaking, holding others down to make themselves feel superior or letting people explore outside the realms of human thought, or by typing in all capps rather than punctuating themselves properly to provide a more reasonable arguement. The morale of my rambling is that if you want to be an asshole and hold other people back, you should really learn to do it in a way so that it doesn't reflect negatively on your schooling, your parents, or yourself.

#429099 - 10/01/05 07:44 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only thing I'm a firm believer in is firm breasts.

Nice, firm, grammar breasts.

This post makes no sense. I should get some sleep. :rolleyes:

#429100 - 10/01/05 07:44 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think slashing the tires would be a great idea. That way no one would see it. My 2 cents...

#429101 - 10/01/05 07:44 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eric,
I would like to apologize and thank you for catching my error. The whole point of me posting this was to find out if anybody knew where I could find a method to lower my Xterra, not to correct punctuation for people that want to down my ideas.
Thanks again.

#429102 - 10/01/05 07:54 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, don't worry much about most of 'em around these parts, different strokes for different folks, you know?

I personally am going to be ordering my '05 Frontier in the 2 wheel drive version.

I figure it this way...

Widest possible tires on the back, perhaps some Mickey T. street slicks (something along those lines). Lowered, with the absolute thickest sway bars I can possibly find. Brakes....huge! Go fast, stop faster, right? Something along the slotted route, personally.

I want to be able to hunt down the stock Z's that show up to the track when we're testing out our race car. I have permission from my driver to hunt them down and pass them with prejudice. On the track that is.

I'll have a bit of trouble with the weight over the rear end. But with some old fashioned traction bars, I should be able to keep the hopping to a minimum.

What with the hp and the 6sp manual, I should do all right.

Oh, and I'll use 'er to tow PhoeniX around as well. In case she breaks, you know? wink

But for yourself though, uncranking the t-bars would be OK for about 1" of drop. If you want to go lower, then the drop spindles up front, drop blocks in the rear along with shortening the sway bar links may be necessary. Then you should be all right for the road. Just be sure to get the alignment performed as well.

#429103 - 10/01/05 07:56 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

MAX KJELLIN,
You should have just quit at:
"I think slashing the tires would be a great idea.," you were doing so well until your sentence fragment:
" That way no one would see it. My 2 cents... "
I would like to say that what you've posted doesn't even make sense. You would have done yourself more justice to go all out and at least finish your comment. Unless of course you were finished, Then I am led to believe that you can't comprehend enough words to complete a full comeback?

#429104 - 10/01/05 07:58 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

(best Homer Simpson voice:) Mmmmm, cumback.

#429105 - 10/01/05 08:00 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

The very first reply you received answered your very question about where to find parts to lower your Xterra. Your need to reply, after you KNEW (capitalized for emphasis) it would draw some negative responsives was obviously to berate others that frequent this website.

In my opinion your were lucky that someone even offered to give you a helpful link after insulting the group on your very first post.

And if you planned on replying w/ a 'Mightier than Thou' attitude, especially regarding grammar, you might have considered running the spell checker on yourself first...

exerpt?
acheive?
capps?
arguement?
morale?

#429106 - 10/01/05 08:00 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Cause it's bigger in Texasssssss, better in a Dodge!"

...or for you XOCers just in the southwest:

"Cause it's bigger in the southwestttttt, better in a Dodge!"

Sorry these commercials keep playing nonstop and I can't get them out of my head! [Uh Oh !]

#429107 - 10/01/05 08:03 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jewalker:
"Cause it's bigger in Texasssssss, better in a Dodge!"

...or for you XOCers just in the southwest:

"Cause it's bigger in the southwestttttt, better in a Dodge!"

Sorry these commercials keep playing nonstop and I can't get them out of my head! [Uh Oh !]
Never trust anything saying 'Dodge' on the side and 'Ram' in the front.

#429108 - 10/01/05 08:04 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Never trust anything saying 'Dodge' on the side and 'Ram' in the front.
Amen. [ThumbsUp]

#429109 - 10/01/05 08:10 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jewalker:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
[b]Never trust anything saying 'Dodge' on the side and 'Ram' in the front.
Amen. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
edit: hopefully an "amen" will end this thread like it does a prayer.

double-edit: hopefully the next time I choose to edit a post I can find the edit button instead of the quote button. Sheeeesh. laugh

#429110 - 10/01/05 08:11 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

krzydmnd,
I did not reply to bring on the fighting; I was appreciative of the response and if it were just that one, I would have been just fine. However, people continued bashing me for what I wish to do to MY (capitalized for emphasis) vehicle. Attacking people was my way of telling them to keep their opinions to themselves. Yes, I am aware that I am not an english teacher and that I have misspelled some of the words intended, it was either because I was typing too fast or typing the words as they were forming in my head. I am sorry if I have offended you, but as far as I can remember this is the first time a reply from me was directed to you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal