2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429111 - 10/01/05 08:22 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Other than Ricksters comments (jumping right in to FUCK words and stuff) the others were simply poking a little fun and 'welcoming' the new member as only XOC members can do.

No harm to your planet, really, but you jumped on the defensive rather quickly and insulted a number of peoples intelligence quotient instead of going 'with the flow'. This is very typical of internet trolls and should be called as such.

Personally, I've been drinking, [Too much XOC] the kids are in bed, and Everybody Loves Raymond is a repeat so sadly, this is as much entertainment as I have going for me right now (unless consumption junction has some new posts). [Finger]

#429112 - 10/01/05 08:27 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am new to the Automotive forums world, I do not know the ground rules yet. You are right with your statement that I jumped to the defensive in a quick manner, but like I said, I am new to this and I took it personally. I am also sorry that everybody loves raymond is repeat :'( that is such a great show. I wish I could drink to drown out the mellow hum of people but my children will be waking up shortly to be fed.

#429113 - 10/01/05 08:38 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

it's syndication at 11:30. They're all repeats.

Have fun! [Laughing]

#429114 - 10/01/05 08:46 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by krzydmnd:
...Other than Ricksters comments (jumping right in to FUCK words and stuff) the others were simply poking a little fun and 'welcoming' the new member as only XOC members can do...
I was just Fuckin' with him...sorry that I hurt his feelings...BTW.. [Wave] and Welcome...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#429115 - 10/01/05 11:28 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mi_what:
I am new to the Automotive forums world, I do not know the ground rules yet. You are right with your statement that I jumped to the defensive in a quick manner, but like I said, I am new to this and I took it personally. I am also sorry that everybody loves raymond is repeat :'( that is such a great show. I wish I could drink to drown out the mellow hum of people but my children will be waking up shortly to be fed.
If you weren't so quick to retaliate perhaps you would have noticed the helpful link in the first reply.

#429116 - 11/01/05 04:55 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I'm still wondering what the function you're trying to acheive by lowering is, so that we can figure out the best way to do it.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#429117 - 11/01/05 06:19 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep that first reply is the answer I have found. I have dozens of parts supplier for the Xterra bookmarked and that link is the ONLY one that even offers lowering components.

[Argue] I dont care about grammar on message boards. laugh

#429118 - 11/01/05 09:39 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Low riders are for little boys that can't get it up.

If you want better street performance, buy a car.

Yes, while I also agree that an owner has the right to do whatever they want with their own vehicle, I also believe that this is the US, and we all have the right to call you out for stupid ideas, aka, lowering an Xterra.

It's a truck for cripes sake. If you wanted something that rode like a station wagon, you should have bought one. If you just like the looks of the X (and who can blame you, there), then you'll be ruining the very thing you like, by lowering it. Not to mention decreasing the capability of the Xterra.

Please, please tell me you own a 2WD Xterra... While I can't justify lowering anything that's truck based, I can at least forgive (a little) if it's only a 2WD.

#429119 - 11/01/05 10:40 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Anyone have a link to that site that sells Muffler Bearings? I believe they also sold a "lowering kit" which would be helpful here. [Freak]

#429120 - 11/01/05 11:55 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to lower my Xterra for both reasons, when lowered to the ground it helps with cornering at high speeds and also allows me to win at car shows. Like I said in my first post, I have no passion for offroading; I got an Xterra because I recently had twins born and I didn't want to climb in and out of an Acura RSX. I enjoy what I do with vehicles and if you don't like it, don't respond. I found the very first link helpful only in the sense that it lowers the rear end, not the front. To answer any other questions, yes, my Xterra is only a 2WD (that is not because I am a wussy, I would just like to remind you that I do not share your offroading passion.) I bought the Xterra with the money that my wife and saved while we were in Camp Humphreys,South Korea; if I would have known that there were so many pissed off people out there that I am ruining "their" vehicle I would have invested in suburban. [Uh Oh !] Grow up people and I would like to thank all of the people who were helpful.

#429121 - 11/01/05 12:15 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah, I was at PETA's head quarters the others day asking if they could recommend a good place to buy mistreated pit bulls I wanted to use for some dog fighting tournaments...boy, they were so immature about it.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#429122 - 11/01/05 12:35 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
... when lowered to the ground it helps with cornering at high speeds ...
Do you realize how stupid that is?

Drive it like Miss Daisy is in the back seat - not like you stole it.

Quote:
I got an Xterra because I recently had twins born and I didn't want to climb in and out of an Acura RSX.
Did you ever consider a minivan or a crossover vehicle? Something that's got better road manners than a truck based suv which was designed for offroading. Don't believe the hype, truck based SUV's are not great for family shuttling. A minivan is better for family duty in every objective category.

Quote:
I found the very first link helpful only in the sense that it lowers the rear end, not the front.
There's a small market for "lowering" kits for SUV's for the same reason there is a very small market for lift kits for a sports coupe. Think about that for a second.

Quote:
I bought the Xterra with the money that my wife and saved while we were in Camp Humphreys,South Korea; if I would have known that there were so many pissed off people out there that I am ruining "their" vehicle I would have invested in suburban. [Uh Oh !] Grow up people and I would like to thank all of the people who were helpful.
I think you left out a few words there grammar boy. [Crybaby]

#429123 - 11/01/05 01:53 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright now lets get this straight,
" Do you realize how stupid that is? "
Xterras have a high tendency to roll based on center of gravity and tire width.

Want Proof?

Scroll down to the "Sport-utility vehicle" section and read what it says for Nissan Xterra 4-door 4X4 model; you will see that it is an astonishing 2 stars. In order to reduce the risk of a roll over while driving you can lower the center of gravity by lowering the vehicle.

Lower it or roll it? Tough decision.

"Drive it like Miss Daisy is in the back seat - not like you stole it."
I have poured over this comment for some time just trying to figure out exaclty what you were trying to say, but, I am sad to say I can't seem to lower myself enough to get it.

A minivan? confused I had kids, I am not a soccer parent. Do not begin to tell me what to spend my money on, I don't tell you how to live your pointless life.

Just so you know there is not a "small market" for lowering SUVs; think of the Suburban, Blazer, Tahoe, Escalade, Murano, Navigator, and Denali just to name a few.

I missed three words:
I
Bitching
A

Thank you for wasting minutes of your life to tell me what you think. (not that I care)

#429124 - 11/01/05 02:12 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Did you ever consider a minivan or a crossover vehicle?
eek

Would you want to drive a minivan? Tsk, tsk. laugh

That reminds me of this crazyass looking minivan my family had when i was younger: it was an 80s model Toyota. Everyone always said it looked like an alien spaceship, it was shaped exactly like this /__\ haha. The engine compartment was under the driver's seat!! Hilarious.

#429125 - 11/01/05 02:25 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

put some cement bricks in your trunk and some in the passenger seat to even it out, but you get a good lowering kit from home depot for less than 100$ labor included lol

#429126 - 11/01/05 02:25 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Damn... you sure do got an attitude problem.

I wasn't saying that lowering an SUV is stupid - I was saying that lowering it for "high speed cornering" - was stupid.

SUV's don't rollover when you drive them correctly - FACT. High Speed and SUV do not mix well. If you want to drive fast - get a car/motorcycle. You got an SUV - so slow down.

Slow down or rollover? Tough Decision.

edited to add: there are exceptional SUV's out there with superb cornering - BMW X5 comes to mind. The Xterra probably ranks as one of the worst though - cause its raised roofline and stadium seating as well as high ground clearance all add up to an unusually high CG.

4 of the SUV's you named have the same chasis - thats one lowering kit for mutliple nameplates. ie small market.

#429127 - 11/01/05 02:26 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I remember those old Toyota minivans, they do look like a spaceship. [Huh?] [Laughing] [LOL]

#429128 - 11/01/05 02:27 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shut up Canada.

#429129 - 11/01/05 02:32 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jewalker:
Quote:
[b]Did you ever consider a minivan or a crossover vehicle?
eek

That reminds me of this crazyass looking minivan my family had when i was younger: it was an 80s model Toyota. Everyone always said it looked like an alien spaceship, it was shaped exactly like this /__\ haha. The engine compartment was under the driver's seat!! Hilarious.[/b]
Was it this one?

I had a friend with one of those.... pretty annoying stepping out of the front seats - cause the front tires would get in the way. [Too much XOC] It really sucked if I was wearing nice slacks and my pants would sometimes catch the tires - dumb design - definetly a low point in Toyota R&D.

#429130 - 11/01/05 02:39 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jewalker:
Quote:
[b]Did you ever consider a minivan or a crossover vehicle?
eek

[/b]
Sure - I would. minivans get better mileage - have better crash ratings, don't rollover as easily, in many cases cost less - have more interior space, can seat more, and handle better than an SUV. (generally speaking)

In almost every objective category for onroad performance/value - a minivan is a better choice.

#429131 - 11/01/05 02:40 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QB]Was it this one?[QB]
Haha, yep, almost exactly the same. Maybe a year or two different that than particular model, and god! the paint job was a littttle more tolerable. [Freak]

But yeah the fact that the engine was under the driver's seat really got me crackin' up. Sigh, good times.

#429132 - 11/01/05 02:44 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Sure - I would. minivans get better mileage - have better crash ratings, don't rollover as easily, in many cases cost less - have more interior space, can seat more, and handle better than an SUV. (generally speaking)

In every objective category for onroad performance/value - a minivan is a better choice.
Yeah, I was just giving you a hard time. Minivans are definitely around for those major reasons, and that's why they're still around. Plus much better gas mileage I would imagine.

You just lose a couple (or several hundred) cool points for driving them. But as you said, objective categories. cool

#429133 - 11/01/05 02:46 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Yeah but it's a minivan!

#429134 - 11/01/05 02:55 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see your point NuDan.

#429135 - 11/01/05 02:58 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

All of this is pretty funny once you take the time to read it all (when you are sitting at work bored, like I am).

One person comes out and says something and then 10 people woiuld jump on his case and eat him for it. Then they start throwing out big words and get others on spelling just to make some sort of a point and bring someone down. What is that about? Are we in middle school here? Who cares?
Personally I don't see why people care about what he does to his truck. I mean, I love the truck and I think that if it's lowered than it looks ugly. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. However, if someone wants to do it I don't see why people should tell him not to and just state their opinions on the matter. I don't think that the original post ever asked for people's opinion whether it would look stupid/ugly/gay or whatever it is.

I think that a lot of people here seriously need to get out of the house and get a life, after all - we have the truck to do it.

This post is not aimed at anyone in specific - it's just my opinion about this. Unfortunately things like this pop up on this board (and other boards, I'm sure) all the time.

You gave the guy the links to what he asked, helped as much as you could. Now that's all that was needed and no need to bash anyone. End of discussion.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal