2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429136 - 11/01/05 03:03 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I appreciate the response Mr. Tony. I never intended for this post to go as far as it did, I would have given up after the first link but everybody had to get thier opinions in.

#429137 - 11/01/05 03:09 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
You could have taken the high road and left this thread alone with the help from the first response - but you chose to return fire. Probably should have taken your own advice about not replying when you don't "like it".

#429138 - 11/01/05 03:14 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

If somebody feels that they have the balls to attack me, they will in return get attacked; that's how I am. Either deal with it or return something attacking me and see how long it takes me to make you cry. [Finger]

#429139 - 11/01/05 03:48 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW... This thread is up to four pages already.

Pretty impressive for the short amount of time it has been going.

[Huh?]

[Argue] [Argue] [Argue]

#429140 - 11/01/05 04:03 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess some people can't get enough of this BS.

#429141 - 11/01/05 05:11 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Its like reality TV, without the picture or sound.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#429142 - 11/01/05 05:15 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yesss....the drama... [Freak]

#429143 - 11/01/05 05:38 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

or the big fake boobs

#429144 - 11/01/05 06:25 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Somebody pass the other bag of popcorn please...

On another note, being a 2wd you don't have to worry about front cv angles. Keep in mind you are driving close to 5000lbs of truck, you turn fast enough, it won't matter how far you lower it. You can adjust the Tbars in the front to lower it an inch or two, you may want to get new bumpstops for the LOWER a-arms.. (the upper a-arms limit down travel, the lowers limit up travel) They sell (at most autopart stores) "lift blocks", normally they for under the spring, and above the axle - as in to move the frame higher above the axle, in our case the axle is "spring under" as in under the axle, any block you use will move the spring farther under the axle, and bring the frame closer to the ground by the thickness of the block. I have seen from 1" to 3" at the local autozone.
You should get new rear bumpstops, shorter ones that is, to reduce the chances of bouncing off them on a speed bump.
You can have your rear springs "re-arched" at a spring shop, in your case have them de-arched, this will eliminate the need for rear blocks, but cost alot more then the blocks.
Sports cars tend to have stiff shocks, to limit body roll in turns. That may be an option for you as well, the problem is as the shocks get stiffer, the suspension absorbes less & less of the bumps in the road, leaving you with a stiff back after a long ride. You may consider a smaller tire & wheel package. every 1" you reduce the height of the tire, you lower the truck 1/2"..
1-2" on the t-bars, 2-3" with blocks, 1-2" with tires you can have the lowered truck you are looking for, without having to go the total custom route.
As you are worried about rollover, do not load anything on your roof rack, as this will raise your center of gravity, and defeat everything else you are doing to your truck to make it more stable in high speed turns.

I remember seeing a picture on xoc of an orange? xterra someone put airbags on, and lowered it way to far.. like 2 or 3 inches off the ground..

#429145 - 11/01/05 07:11 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,
I appreciate the depth in which you covered my options. You gave me alot of useful information. Thanks

#429146 - 11/01/05 09:00 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Can someone press pause, I have to piss. I'll grab more popcorn and beer too!

#429147 - 12/01/05 12:45 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

All i have ti say is hahaha to this idea!

#429148 - 12/01/05 04:09 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Mi what - once you explained the objective, it was easier to come up with relevent options.

laugh

And - big fake breasts on a show with no picture or sound seems like a waste...

We're essentially left with reading a sub-titled radio show....

and we're still here.

Amazing, isn't it?

laugh

Mi - what - So - if I understand correctly - you use your daily driver to cart kids around...and compete at car shows with?

People I know who were into Concours, etc....did not let the little devils w/in 10 yrds of the show hardware for fear they'd puke or dribble, leave crumbs on the upholstery, etc....

Stock in Scotch Guard?

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#429149 - 12/01/05 07:56 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 pages - not bad. So, miwhat, I'm wondering: don't remember you mentioning anything about your previous cars... Did you compete before, if so then what car was it, what was done to it, and so on. I'm interested.

#429150 - 12/01/05 08:05 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow... the hostility...

why can no one here just offer the poor guy a sensible answer...

is this club only about bashing? you guys love offroading (myself included), this guy loves lowering... its his truck and if it makes him happy, they let him be... how many people would look at you and say "why the fuck would you want to lift your truck... it looks dumb!" I can't believe that Xterra owners can be so hostile towards one another... have some decency for a change.

#429151 - 12/01/05 08:21 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well mi_what', this thread is the most entertaining one in a while for sure....... [LOL]

First of all, why again were you telling Canada to shut up for? mad I must have missed that part.

Second, I find it very interesting that you would want to spend so much money to lower a vehicle that Nissan spent so much time designing to have one of the best ground clearances from the facorty available. Personally I can think of many other SUV's that would look much better as a lowered show vehicle because of their body shapes and styles, but each to their own. I can also think of many other vehicles, SUV and other, that would be better to cart around rug rats everyday, but show quality they are not, so I guess once again, it is your truck to what you want with it.

I personally think lowered Xterra's look stupid, but I would rather spend the money on a car if I wanted that type of ride and look, IMHO......hopefully a Subaru WRX in the next year or two!!! Wide open and sideways all year round!!!!!

But, it seems to me that you have some issue with people posting things that object to your opinions and such. Self esteem problems maybe? confused

You continue to go on and on about how you didn't plan on this thread going so far, and how you are just defending yourself and all this other bullshit, but yet you appear to be the worst offender of the bunch. Ever think that if you stopped trying to portray yourself as the smarter and more intellegent person by posting intellectually charged posts attacking other peoples smarts that the tread might just stop? You know, "just walk away", "just ignore them", "be the bigger man", blah blah blah......usually works in the forums world as people tend to grow tired of posting to someone who doesn't care or isn't repsonding!

Furthermore, no one here gives a flying fuck whether you can pick out grammatical mistakes in their posts. Most people on XOC appear to have bought an X because it is a capable 4X4.....and alot use it for that purpose......which means you my friend are in the minority.....not a bad thing at all, as I said before, it is your truck to do what yo want with......but I wouldn't lower it.....and obvioulsy most others here wouldn't either. So instead of trying to portray yourself as the "smarter" guy with the "smarter" posts, just shut up and wait for the info you asked for if you don't want all this heat.......but if you want to keep going please do because it is very entertaining [Laughing] .

Oh yeah, don't try to correct any grammatical mistakes in my post cause I don't care. I am an GeoEnvironmental engineer and I don't need someone else trying to show me how smart they are or tryign to show me I am not. Intellengent people don't have to try to look smart, they just are. wink

Also, I would actually like to see some pics of your X (now and after the lowering job) for curiousities sake. I am also very into the aftermarket tuning stuff on all vehicles and enjoy seeing the creativity and imagination of others in the vehicles. Hopefully the sound system in my X will continue to be upgraded this year followed by some cosmetic additions to the exterior (light bar, lots of PIAA lights, etc....).

And welcome to XOC! [Wave]

Sorry about the novel folks. [Too much XOC]

#429152 - 12/01/05 08:22 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

phew......caught my breath! [Laughing]

Mi_what.....I am also intersted if you had previous show cars? Any pics of them and your X?

#429153 - 12/01/05 11:11 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have never competed in shows with any of my other cars: my first ever vehicle was a 1968 GMC Stepside (it was given to me when I was 16 by my grandfather) I had completed all of the bodywork myself (only took eight months) and was preping it for paint when I hit a dog that was crossing the road one night (no power brakes). I gave up on repairing it and gave it to my brother in law. My second car was a 1988 Chevy Camaro, it was fun for a while but then I blew the transmission and engine. After that I left for the Army and this is my first vehicle since. I want to do it the way that I want it, but I want to do it right the first time, understandable right? confused I don't have self esteem problems, I just got tired of everybody telling me how to do it; I didn't come on here and tell them not to lift their trucks (I don't think it looks stupid, just not my cup of tea)

#429154 - 12/01/05 11:19 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those of you who are curious about my Xterra I will be more than happy to provide links to my pages, all I ask is that if you don't like it don't vote poorly, you can sign all sorts of stuff in my guest books just don't vote me down because you don't like me.

My cardomain page

My carsnrides.com page

#429155 - 12/01/05 11:34 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Mi_what,
I like the painted grill and side graphics that you put on.

To answer your question - painted bumpers are sometimes a pain to deal with cause when you tap things (parked cars, poles, etc) they scuff and look all [Freak] - so its cheaper and more cost effective to leave then unpainted. Nissan intended the Xterra to be a no-frills-back-to-basics-rugged-SUV (Remember the "Everything you need, nothing you don't" Ad Campaign back in 2000?) So Nissan purposely skimped on things like a nice interior, shocks, tires, and matching grill/bumper.

Question for you - Are there any local vehicle laws on green lights on cars? For CA, if you have lights on your car which are not an approved color - then its a vehicle code violation with a hefty fine. I'm just wondering if there is such a VC for Texas? (Approved colors are: white, amber, and red - blue, green, purple, etc are non-approved colors. Blue is allowed only for factory installed HID style lights.)

FYI - the 2nd link you posted doesn't show anything about your Xterra.

#429156 - 12/01/05 11:44 AM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

mi-what,

Not a bad ride, as you may know it may not float a lot of people's boats here but for people that are into stuff like that it looks good.

Personally, I wouldn't do it to my car, I would rather lift it and off-road it but you still get a 5 from me.

#429157 - 12/01/05 12:35 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

mi_what,

....nice rig, I voted well..... Like I said before I woudln't lower mine, I like a 4X4 big and tall laugh , but it looks good so far with the decals and painted bumpers. I like the neon, but I can't put it on mine as it would get smashed and torn off pretty easily. Had it (black neon = sweet!) on the 01 Z24 I had before my X. Ever consider an air suspension kit for it? Not sure if you can order them, probably have to get the custom made (big bucks), but that would be sweet. Ride hieght at the push of a button ya know! Show to go!

Sound system looks great. I only have one 10" Rockford punch running now....about 3 yrs old, hopefully will be replaced with 2 new ones soon along with new 6X9's in the back. Haven't tested the sub in the X yet but it pushed about 113 Db in my '01 Z24 before I got my X.

#429158 - 12/01/05 04:33 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I appreciate the kind responses. I knew that you guys couldn't be that bad laugh . To answer a few questions:

I have already recieved a warning for my neons so [Finger] the police. They are legal if you aren't driving; it's more of a city ordinance here in San Antonio though.

I have considered air suspension, but bags tend to have bad results when driving after a while (me being in the Army I tend to go home to Florida often) if they aren't perfectly fitted for your vehicle.

Sorry to everybody for being an asshole.

#429159 - 12/01/05 05:05 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by mi_what:
...I have already recieved a warning for my neons so [Finger] the police. They are legal if you aren't driving; it's more of a city ordinance here in San Antonio though...

so, mi_what...I take it, you don't like San Antonio,...Where are you Stationed at?

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#429160 - 12/01/05 05:08 PM Re: Lowering your Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mi_what:

I have already recieved a warning for my neons so [Finger] the police. They are legal if you aren't driving; it's more of a city ordinance here in San Antonio though.
Actually you should be [Finger] ing the lawyers. If idiots didn't sue for the smallest little thing which could possibly be confusing to a moron - then the codes wouldn't exist. The reason they are there is to protect the dumb and protect the agency from lawsuits from said morons.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal