2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429405 - 14/12/05 03:47 PM Who has the AC 3 pak AAL and shackle combo?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am currently running the AC rear shackles and UCAs. I didn't reindex when I did my arms and they are sagging pretty bad. My plan was to reindex, as it still is, when I do my L&P steering replacement. But, in the meantime, I have added a 33" spare to my loadwarrior and now it looks like the back may be sagging some. I usually carry around 100-250lbs of stuff too. Those of you who reindexed when you installed your UCAs, did you also use the shackle/AAL combo or one or the other? I am going to log some garage time and want to do all of this at one time.

#429406 - 14/12/05 07:47 PM Re: Who has the AC 3 pak AAL and shackle combo?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Have you already adjusted the t-bars as far as they would go?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#429407 - 14/12/05 08:56 PM Re: Who has the AC 3 pak AAL and shackle combo?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As far as they will go before being reindexed. I just cranked them when I put the UCAs on. It lasted a while, but thye have settled.

#429408 - 14/12/05 09:09 PM Re: Who has the AC 3 pak AAL and shackle combo?
TJ Offline

Generally, the shackles give 1.5", and so do the AAL's.

When I did new UCA's, I also did new 300M t-bars...and shackles and AAL...as when I put the new t-bars in, I was going for a full 3" lift, so I needed 3" on both ends.

laugh

It sounds like you have new UCA's...but just shackles in back...?

Am I mis-reading this?

What's your front bumpstop clearance?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#429409 - 14/12/05 09:12 PM Re: Who has the AC 3 pak AAL and shackle combo?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks to be an inch to inch and a half. When they were initially cranked, I had a little less than 3/4" gap.

#429410 - 15/12/05 04:06 AM Re: Who has the AC 3 pak AAL and shackle combo?
TJ Offline

Yeah, that's it...if you went from 3/4" to 1.5" BS clearance, its sagging all right....a lot.

eek

You sound like you've got a lot of weight on there....which is my problem.....

I went to a set of 300M 28.5 mm t-bars...tough freekin metal, gives a freerer range of motion w/o harshness, and ccan hold of the 500 or so lb of armor, winch/bumpers, etc....tools, OBA, and so forth I haul around in my never ending support of the gasoline industry.

laugh

I put them in almost 2 years ago, and haven't had to adjust them yet, let alone re-index.

So - to clarify...It sounds like you are asking - if the front sags, are people using shackles and or AAL to bring the rear up if it is sagging too?

What ever combo you choose, remember the X is designed to run with a slightly nose down attitude, so some "sag" is just normal up front...but not as much as you're describing.

As for a fix for a saggy butt....shackles can't sag/are sag proof, but don'y raise the load carrying capacity, just lift you, and give you better articulation.

AAL's are going to sag under load, but do slightly raise the load carrying capacity, but, do hurt your articulation.

So - if your butt is sagging now, you are overloading the leaf pack, and an AAL can help....do you still have the load leaf in?

I left mine in, even though it hinders off road clearance a lot, just because of the loads I carry, especialy heavy equipment into the boonies for work....and spare parts, tools, etc...just to play.

So - Flesh out what you want to accomplish...and we'll see what would work.

laugh

#429411 - 15/12/05 07:30 AM Re: Who has the AC 3 pak AAL and shackle combo?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, my stock leafpack is untouched with the exception of my AC shackles. I plan on reindexing and cranking the front back to 1/2" gap at the stops. I just don't want the rear lower after I adjust the front. I have a loadwarrior w/ hi-lift and a 33" spare in addition to a tub of tools and straps, a 70lb ruck, climbing gear, and when the family goes away, two additional passengers, two dogs and more gear on the rack. I am also in the process of fabbing a rear bumper w/ tire carried to add to the weight. Just trying to be proactive. Don't want to spend the $ on AAL if packs would do me better. My next big purchase is some Schrock skids and hopefully a bumper. Thanks for the help TJ!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal