Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429797 - 03/12/04 03:54 PM help quick...t-bars
Anonymous
Unregistered

so i added my shackles to the rear of my car and now im trying to crank the t-bars in the front, however i don't think im doing something right. i know there is two bolts on top and then one on the bottom...well i turned the very top on counter clockwise, then did the same with the one right under it until they matched up, lowered it down to see how its sitting and its lower than before, now when i try to turn it clockwise it won't turn, and the very bottom bolt(under crossmember) keeps turning with it...if i hold the very bottom bolt i can't turn the other one...any suggestions

#429798 - 03/12/04 03:58 PM Re: help quick...t-bars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Loosen the top Nut
Put a spare wrech on the lower Nut then turn the bolt on the bottom.

Details

http://www.nissanoffroad.net/how_to/torsion_bars/torsion_bars.asp

#429799 - 03/12/04 04:11 PM Re: help quick...t-bars
Anonymous
Unregistered

whenever i tried that, putting a wrench on the lower nut and loosening the upper not it won't budge...either both nuts and the bolt spin or nothing moves

#429800 - 03/12/04 05:13 PM Re: help quick...t-bars
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
First you must break the upper nuts free of each other. Hold one (the lower one), and loosen the other (upper). Be very thoughtful in which way you're turning the upper nut, since you're underneath, it's easier to get confused and try to tighten them together. Penetrating oil can also be of assistance. Once you get the upper nuts seperate, then you can hold the lower nut and turn the bolt.

MV

#429801 - 03/12/04 09:08 PM Re: help quick...t-bars
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks a lot to both of you, i finally got it

#429802 - 05/12/04 12:37 PM Re: help quick...t-bars
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Yeah it takes a good jolt or two to get those bolts loose. Especially if it's been sitting around for a while.

Few things are more satisfying in life than that small snapping sound followed by the feel of a wrench finally turning a stubborn bolt.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal