2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#430480 - 30/04/05 06:55 PM wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

i think SLR sent me the wrong UCA for the econ lift. the passenger side fit fine, but the drives side wont fit with the shock. am i going nuts or what? the two control arms are exactly the same. the bump stop impact places for the UCA are on the same side. is this right or what cause it really sucks if i waited almost a month for two of the same uca's some one please help quick i need my truck for school on monday!

#430481 - 30/04/05 07:16 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems to me you just need to put your shit back together with the OEM stuff and wait till you can get the right UCA.

I really dont think there is another option. confused

#430482 - 30/04/05 08:17 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

thats not an option since i had to cut the camber bolts to get the old uca off in the 1st place. wow the seems like im royaly fu_ked

#430483 - 30/04/05 08:37 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
yeah, not much choice now...

My only suggestion (and I don't even think this would be real safe), but if you're not driving too far, go (hitch-hike/walk) to Home Depot/Ace Hardware/etc and get yourself a couple long bolts to put in there until you can either get new eccentric ones or get your UCA swapped out. Either way...a bummer.

#430484 - 01/05/05 09:26 AM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have the camber bolts,i have the uca installed, i just have the wrong uca on the one side so i dont have a shock on the drivers side because there is no way that i can get it to fit with out cutting the UCA and SLR is not open until monday meaning that im not having a car until this shit gets fixed

#430485 - 01/05/05 12:25 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

dude, have you got pics of that?
Also, you say you've got the eccentric bolts now, just revert back to stock configuration until you get the mess straightened out?

Take it easy...

#430486 - 01/05/05 01:18 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

i cant go back to stock because the bolts are stuck inside the bushings and i cant get them out. Ive had many problems with SLR and i would recommend buying from Calmini or AC before them. Just my two cents worth

#430487 - 01/05/05 01:34 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

drill 'em out. And while I've equipped my truck w/ one company's products, I wouldn't draw the blame on them for something it seems may be your fault for having happened.

#430488 - 01/05/05 01:42 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The replaced camber bolts should come out the same way they went in, and being new, should not be rust welded in yet either.....when I did mine, I hit them with penetrating oil for weeks in preparation, and I was able to get them out and back in w/o a problem.

The left and right stock UCA are different, so yes you do have a prob...I always make sure I have the right parts before I take the old ones off, and hold things up to where they'll go to make sure I understand the install before I screw it up.

If the parts sheet says there's so many washers, nuts, bolts, arms, etc...I count them out, and then I insert each set as it will be installed to make sure the mount points and the holes, and the parts to do it, add up/match.

laugh

Call me paranoid.

laugh

My SLR UCA, drop links, diff drop kit, 300M T-bars, and shocks were all in order....no problems.

My Calmini steering kit, and AC ordered AAL, Shackles, QD's, BL, etc....all had parts missing/the wrong parts.

So - I had the opposite experience...SLR was perfect, the others screwed up. (And made it right in the end...no overall complaints)

laugh

If you actually installed the wrong side UCA, I wouldn't drive it though.

Is it possible that the other one is backwards too?

Check the bumpstop bumps bulges on the arms to see if they match the bumpstops on the matching rubbers on the truck...that's the fool proof way to check if you have the right one on EITHER side.

laugh

Check that first...and let us know.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#430489 - 01/05/05 02:44 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

ya the passenger side sits perfectly on the new bump stops. the drivers side does not. i guess i should not take it out on the company...

but i waited alomst a month and a half to get all the parts, got the wrong set of aal, wrong shocks, and all the parts that i was told would be sent out on a given date were never sent out on time. and when i called to get the tracking numbers i got the run around. and when i was told that i would recieve a call, i never did, i had to call spencer. i still have not got the torsion bars that i am in desperate need of.

dealing with this company has been a nightmare every step of the way. i will be on the phone with them monday. and i will post the results. has anyone else had simmilar problems with this company or is it only me?

#430490 - 02/05/05 12:06 PM Re: wrong uca need help asap
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow dont i feel like a dick and a spoiled little shit. after posting on here giving spencer a bad review, i talked to him today... he told me what was going on with all the stuff... not his fault at all, rather mostly back ordered stuff that took so long to get. but anyway, for all the people that read this post, pay no attention to it. when i posted, i was hype to get all of my stuff and then to see that i got the wrong stuff drove me nuts. upon calling spencer today, everything was rectifyed. dealing with spencer today really showed me how much of a tool i was in all of this. i'd like to say to everyone that this company is completly reputable and that everything i got was of very high quality.

again, my only complaint is that i got two of the same upper control arms and i was upset after waiting so long to get the wrong part. everyone who posted and said that this is an isolated insodent was right. sorry for all the shit.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal