2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#432016 - 09/08/02 11:31 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Elm V:
forgive the ignorance...

Can you give me the range then on specs...IE

255/65/R16 , 265/75/R16, etc...
265/75R16 = 31.6x10.4

255/65R16 = 29x10

285/75R16 = 32.8x11.2

#432017 - 09/08/02 12:32 PM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
235/85/16 - 32x9.25 Pizza Cutters (I likem, may get them as an AT street tire)

#432018 - 09/08/02 03:44 PM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
spooky1 Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Just a quick question. I am adding 2" shackles to my truck and was curious if I will need to change the rear shocks, or if the factory ones will be fine until I get Bilstin's for all 4 corners sometime later this year?

"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a dark side and a light side - and it holds the universe together."

#432019 - 09/08/02 04:37 PM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by spooky1:
Just a quick question. I am adding 2" shackles to my truck and was curious if I will need to change the rear shocks, or if the factory ones will be fine until I get Bilstin's for all 4 corners sometime later this year?
If you just drive on the street, you might get away with it for a little while... You really should add the extended shocks (needed when rear is at full droop). Otherwise, you could bottom out your stockers.

#432020 - 04/12/03 08:51 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
I got some Calmini Heavy Duty Shackles for the rear...What is the installing procedure for these sucker's ?

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#432021 - 04/12/03 10:15 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
I got some Calmini Heavy Duty Shackles for the rear...What is the installing procedure for these sucker's ?
It's an easy job. Jack up the entire back of the truck from the frame until the springs are unloaded, make sure the truck is stable, then pull off the two bolts holding the shackle on, then throw the new ones on. You may need something to pry the spring down a bit to get the extra length needed for the new shackles.

Also, on mine I had to disconnect the last hanger on the exhaust so I could move it around enough to get the top bolt on the drivers side to go in.

I'd also double check the tightness in a couple of days. I think there are a couple of threads about how to install shackles so you may be able to get better instructions that way, the real key is not to do one side at a time, because that will twist the spring relative to the frame and make the bolts impossible (or very difficult) to get on or off.

#432022 - 04/12/03 07:06 PM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
[b]
It's an easy job. Jack up the entire back of the truck from the frame until the springs are unloaded, make sure the truck is stable, then pull off the two bolts holding the shackle on, then throw the new ones on. You may need something to pry the spring down a bit to get the extra length needed for the new shackles.

Also, on mine I had to disconnect the last hanger on the exhaust so I could move it around enough to get the top bolt on the drivers side to go in.

I'd also double check the tightness in a couple of days. I think there are a couple of threads about how to install shackles so you may be able to get better instructions that way, the real key is not to do one side at a time, because that will twist the spring relative to the frame and make the bolts impossible (or very difficult) to get on or off.[/b]
Hey pnwbeers...did you also crank up the Torsion Bars, if so, how do you like the Shackles/Torsion Bar option, as far as a little lift and handlng...

#432023 - 05/12/03 09:53 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Besides unbolting the old ones and slapping these on in their place?

Just a hint though. I used a 4 foot section of 2x4 to lever the leaf springs down into place. Bolt the top of the new shackles first and then the bottom. Otherwise the lever thing won't work.

Oh, and leafs can snap up hard when you let the old shackles loose. Watch your fingers. [Finger]

#432024 - 05/12/03 09:57 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
X-factor, all your tire size and fit questions are almost certainly answered in the "tire info" thread at the top of the "Tires, wheels, and brakes" section. Please review it and other threads there.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#432025 - 05/12/03 10:11 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

qb][/QUOTE]Hey pnwbeers...did you also crank up the Torsion Bars, if so, how do you like the Shackles/Torsion Bar option, as far as a little lift and handlng...[/QB][/QUOTE]

I did - probably about an inch, maybe a bit more. I also upgraded the tires - I went from a 29.1" to a 31.8" (265/75/16 bfg at), so that put me up another 1.3" or so. Overall I really like being up a bit higher, it helps offroad quite a bit too (although that's probably mainly the tires). I don't really notice much difference in handling, although it may be a bit stiffer up front from the T-Bar crank. It seems like a good midway point between a full 3" lift and a stocker.

Next up, Bils!

#432026 - 05/12/03 10:52 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rickster, maybe we could do it on Sunday. Didja get the email.

#432027 - 05/12/03 11:17 AM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Rickster43 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Guy:
Rickster, maybe we could do it on Sunday. Didja get the email.
Yeah...I got the e-mail, Patrick...I was just curious about them and wanted some XOC opinions...Sunday it is...

#432028 - 24/12/03 04:54 PM Re: CALMINI Heavy Duty Shackles Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

A torsion bar crank up front along with either 1.5" shackles or AAL's out back will allow you to use 33X10.50 tires with minor trimming to the back plastic behind the rear wheels....this has been done as I've heard...you will definitely be able to run 31X10.50's with no problems...I'm getting the AAL's and doing the Tbar crank at the beginning of January...I can let you know how it all works out with the 31" tires at that point if you'd like....and I won't have to do any trimming either..that's a good thing in my opinion.

Dave.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal