2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#432544 - 26/10/04 10:38 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by Strom:
Any updates, Socal?
Yes , I just picked it up on Saturday night. SLR trailered it to Palm Desert and we met there.

I have to have the ride height set and get it re-alligned after that and we're good to go.

It swallows up bumps like they aren't even there. Very nice ride.

The spring rate wtih the sway-a-ways is a little soft but it will have to do until I get the 300m bars.

Plus it looks amazing.

I'll get some new pics up soon.

#432545 - 26/10/04 10:57 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Quote:
[b]Any updates, Socal?
Yes , I just picked it up on Saturday night. SLR trailered it to Palm Desert and we met there.

I have to have the ride height set and get it re-alligned after that and we're good to go.

It swallows up bumps like they aren't even there. Very nice ride.

The spring rate wtih the sway-a-ways is a little soft but it will have to do until I get the 300m bars.

Plus it looks amazing.

I'll get some new pics up soon.[/b]
It still in Palm Desert? Right in my neck of the woods.

#432546 - 26/10/04 10:59 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Editor X:
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
[b]

When is it anyway? SEMA is the reason Skid-Row is taking almost a month or more to get the rest of my bumper to me. not like it matters really, but still. :rolleyes:
If you can make it out there by Sat the 6th we are leaving Vegas by 10:30. I'd go Friday and see the show though.[/b]
Sounds like fun, no way I will have my truck back by then, it's still sitting under a tarp in my driveway.

#432547 - 26/10/04 11:10 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
socalpunx Offline

WolfmanX , I drove it back Saturday night/Sunday morning.

#432548 - 26/10/04 11:38 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Quote:
[b]Any updates, Socal?
Yes , I just picked it up on Saturday night. SLR trailered it to Palm Desert and we met there....

I'll get some new pics up soon.[/b]
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! [ThumbsUp]

For years I have lumped you in with Todrick as all talk and no action. wink

I am glad to say I stand corrected. [Wave]

I look forward to seeing pictures of another Southern California Xterra being first in making the leap into prototype status. laugh

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#432549 - 26/10/04 04:07 PM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

XTOOLBOX...
its not 9th degree mobility.com, its "n"th degree, as in the consonant. this denotes a number raised to any power etc...brush up on your calc if you want to help a company and boast the effectiveness of their products.

#432550 - 27/10/04 07:45 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
BTW is it possible to use rear Ring & Pinion Gears from early 90s WD21 (Pathy/HB) V6 in newer H233b 3rd members like the X has? If the ring bolts are the same (12mm) is there anything other mods/parts that are needed?
Still wondering why you would want to do this. From what I've learned just in the last week, it appears the pinions are likely the same, but one of the pinion bearings has a larger OD on the newer diffs. If you use the older pinion with the newer bearings (same ID I believe) it should work.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#432551 - 27/10/04 08:23 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

pics? laugh

#432552 - 27/10/04 09:32 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
socalpunx Offline

Sorry. I've been busy with life and I don't have a camera. I will borrow one and get it done.

#432553 - 27/10/04 10:01 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
Completely off topic - whats a black hawk xterra? super black?
SWXC Member #74

#432554 - 27/10/04 12:02 PM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by koalakilla:
Completely off topic - whats a black hawk xterra? super black?
the toolbox version of super black I guess hehe laugh

#432555 - 27/10/04 04:17 PM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Did somebody say Las Vegas to Barstow race in two weeks? Come awn now let the wagering begin wink We could always wager concert tixs with socal [Smoking]

Cyclemut… yeah i was just thinking about buying the customized "DIY' Zig-zag version with the crossbar assembly to fit the distance between the springs I'll use and weld a bracket on the frame that would be needed. Pretty sure you will have to ditch the stock spare location underneath, but I'm not going to use it anyway since I will be running 35's.

For the front if the CALMINI kit doesn't come with some sort of sway bar, I'm planning on putting one in like a currie anti-rock through the frame with the arms down to the axle

Jr… chill fixed my typo, had the URL correct from the get go so people could check them out [Too much XOC]

OffroadX… thanks because I have access to 5.14 gears out of a pathy 3rd member for relativity cheap laugh

Koalakilla…yeah super black is what everybody else drives [Spit] Like to be a bit different, nickname my trucks and customize them, look for some custom hawk graphics soon.

#432556 - 28/10/04 08:03 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
Did somebody say Las Vegas to Barstow race in two weeks?
I have the route loaded and am ready to go. It's actually Las Vegas to Victorville though. However it does cross three dry lakes (maybe dry anyway) and has waypoints listed for gas 'n stuff along the way.

#432557 - 16/11/04 10:33 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
socalpunx Offline

Allright. So I finally got a chance to get out and test the X and take some pictures. It really performed well. Taking bumps and dips with a lot of controll and I was able to get it in the air a couple of times.

So here we go:

(thumbnails)

Stretching it's leggs:

I was really impressed that I could run over little washouts and ruts and hadly notice due to the droop:

Same hole with a little droop:

#432558 - 16/11/04 10:56 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man that is one sweet X!!!! Nice job. [ThumbsUp]

#432559 - 16/11/04 11:09 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
socalpunx Offline

P-Side Droop:

P-side:

Front:

#432560 - 16/11/04 11:14 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
socalpunx Offline

More

Driver's side:

#432561 - 16/11/04 11:59 AM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That was all SLR right? Looks good. [ThumbsUp] You need to come back to AZ for the Parker 400 it is a Baja style race in Parker, AZ. AZXC is planning to be SAG support and we get to run the trail a few days early. It would be cool to see the LT.

#432562 - 16/11/04 01:15 PM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That' just crazy.

Who built your roof rack?

#432563 - 16/11/04 01:25 PM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
socalpunx Offline

It was a prototype that Calmini did for a pre-production Xterra.

#432564 - 16/11/04 02:09 PM Re: Suspension going under the knife....W/ NEW PICS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like it better than the one they went into production with.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal