Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#434020 - 21/04/05 01:36 PM shocks lowering truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey. So a couple of weeks ago I helped someone move, and filled the X with tons of shit like it was totally full. I noticed it was sittting a little lower, like the space between the back wheels and the truck was smaller.. it looked like the shocks had a lot of weight on them so they crunched up or something.. wnaysys its still looks a little lower than it should be, or maybe im just paranoid.. is something liike this possible? thanks -Will

#434021 - 21/04/05 01:43 PM Re: shocks lowering truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry man but you're a horrible poster. It's hard to make sense of what you are typing.

To answer the question - yes your truck may sag a little over time but it's not the shocks because they do not support the weight of the truck. The weight is supported by leaf springs in this case. They are know to sag and will over time but I doubt that it happened from one time of loading the truck.
I think that you are a little paranaoid in this case. There's always a chance though...

#434022 - 21/04/05 02:22 PM Re: shocks lowering truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

im getting the calmini lift kit soon, if there is a problem would getting the lift fix it since its like a suspension thing?

if not is there a way to get it fixed? can i just take to a garage or something

#434023 - 22/04/05 07:41 AM Re: shocks lowering truck?
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
Yes, excluding a broken leaf spring (which is one problem you could have,) the Calmini kit will get your rear suspension looking better. The kit includes add-a-leafs, new shackles, and rear shocks for the back end. Almost the entire rear suspension. This should clear up any problems that you have... or perceive to have.

Edited to add: If you could get some pictures, they may help us determine if there looks to be a "problem" or not.

-Jeremy

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal