2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#434199 - 20/08/04 12:08 PM help
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i have tried searching and have found some really good info on the problem, but my question still isnt answered.

I installed a calmini 3" suspension lift last night on my x. I was driving home from the garage(1 Mile) at a top speed of about 30mph. almost made it home when i hit a tiny bump or pot hole or something. at that time the front right suspension gave way or something and came down to rest of the tire.

I know it has to do with my t-bar on the right side. i can loosen, with my fingers the rear anchor bolt, but the actual anchor wont come down when i loosen it, only the bolt. also a lot of slines are now showing where it is going into the rear anchor. i guess i'll have to take the front bracket off and remove the bar comepletely and see if there is any damage? any other ideas? any idea what could have cuased this.

#434200 - 20/08/04 12:16 PM Re: help
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont have the lift but I know that if the splines on the T-bars are not firmly inserted they will strip and fail. Did you check this?

#434201 - 20/08/04 12:33 PM Re: help
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes. i even double checked the t bars when i installed them. the splines were firmly and fully inserted. but now the back ones are defintily not.

#434202 - 20/08/04 01:08 PM Re: help
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Basically something was installed incorrectly.
Very hard to diagnose over the internet.

#434203 - 20/08/04 01:21 PM Re: help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by beachboyy:
yes. i even double checked the t bars when i installed them. the splines were firmly and fully inserted. but now the back ones are defintily not.
The rear ancor will not come down with the bolt if the truck isn't jacked up and the wheel jacked up so it's not at full extension.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal