2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#438426 - 22/04/07 12:05 PM Nissan's and others from this weekends CORR opener...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Carl Renezeder--defending CORR champion

[img]http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21838&d=1177132015[/img]

Frontier--not sure of driver...

Another Fronty--unsure of driver...

#438427 - 22/04/07 03:37 PM Re: Nissan's and others from this weekends CORR opener...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool pics.. I do have a question though.

Aside from the grill and a few pcs of sheet metal, is there anything left of these trucks that's carried over from their 'stock' beginings? I mean, are they using the standard 4.0 V6 or any of the transmission from the original trucks?

I guess to me these just seem so out there from what the used to be, that they really don't represent Nissan or the Frontier at all.

#438428 - 22/04/07 08:29 PM Re: Nissan's and others from this weekends CORR opener...
Anonymous
Unregistered

You mean like NASCAR and other racing events? laugh

I don't know, because I'm too lazy to read, but click and ye shall find CORR Rules and Regulations page

#438429 - 29/04/07 08:09 PM Re: Nissan's and others from this weekends CORR opener...
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Nice pics. smile

#438430 - 01/05/07 11:16 AM Re: Nissan's and others from this weekends CORR opener...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike in NRH:
Cool pics.. I do have a question though.

Aside from the grill and a few pcs of sheet metal, is there anything left of these trucks that's carried over from their 'stock' beginings? I mean, are they using the standard 4.0 V6 or any of the transmission from the original trucks?

I guess to me these just seem so out there from what the used to be, that they really don't represent Nissan or the Frontier at all.
The Pro Lite class requires that the engine and transmission match the body. To keep costs down in Pro Lite they are using a 4cyl. motor that must be available to the general public. There is a spec chassis that the entire class must use. It would be unsafe, impractical and expensive to use an OE chassis to build on. Nissan was behind the development of the motor and vehicle and was the primary sponsor of Art Schmidt who is the one who built that car and sold it to Casey Currie.

The class champion, Chad Hoard, races a smilar car and is the Nissan Pro Lite factory driver now.

Just an FYI: The first photo of Carl's Pro 2, uses a Menards built Nissan motor that is built off of a stock Titan block.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal