2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#442277 - 29/04/08 10:49 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a copy. Called out of work today and just played for 2:30:53. It's not bad. There is a lot of annoying stuff you have to do. Driving is more realistic and the story is pretty cool. I'm taking a break and going back to it in a little bit. I still like COD4 better but I can see this game taking up a bit of my life as it's def. not bad.

#442278 - 29/04/08 12:04 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Got mine this morning for the PS3 and haven't had any issues thus far. It looks AMAZING in 1080p. Excellent experience so far.
It doesn't play at 1080P, it plays at 630P and is scaled up on the PS3. They used the bandwidth for filtering instead.

http://kotaku.com/385237/gta-iv-runs-at-630p-on-playstation-3-so-whats-that-mean

#442279 - 29/04/08 12:59 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Pretty cool 360-ps3 GTAIV comparison...

http://kotaku.com/384422/which-version-of-gta-iv-should-you-buy-we-compare-the-ps3-and-360-versions

We've played both versions of GTA IV—quite a bit, actually. We've noticed a handful of differences, some of which you know, some which you may not, many of them hair-splitting. We break it down, from frame rate to controls, after the break.

#442280 - 29/04/08 10:49 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I picked it up today. Love how the cars llok more like real cars then the phony cars in the last 3. Also like the graphics a lot better and a really cool thing is if your driving and say you hit a wall or a concrete embankment and are going fast enough you will get thrown through the windshield.

#442281 - 30/04/08 06:31 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Played it for about 3 hours last night... the game is an absolute 10! laugh [ThumbsUp]

Initial impressions:
1. Love the driving physics. Makes for a better challenge.
2. The cops are way more agressive. I wound up getting a 6 star rating unintentionally within the first five minutes of playing. I sort of forgot the difference between L1 and the right and left arrow pad. Ah oops!!!
3. The envelope has been pushed even further than ever. The language factor even turned me a bit shocked at times and I was alone. How cool is that?!
4. My only gripe is that sometimes I find it hard to hear what Nico and Roman are saying. Their speech is a little slured in my opinion.

Overall worth the wait.

Oh, did anyone watch the tv in Roman's appartment yet? That show "I'm Rich" is fucking hilarious!! [Spit]

#442282 - 30/04/08 09:28 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

i lve that part where they are drunk and u have to drive home.

#442283 - 30/04/08 04:05 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually found the game repetitive and inferior to COD 4. I can see why some people would love it but it def. wasn't for me. I returned it to Best Buy and went right back to COD 4. I'm a little dissapointed.

#442284 - 30/04/08 05:05 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Repetitive? It's a sandbox game, you can go anywhere and do anything. Give it another chance, all GTAs get good when you start to experiment with them.

#442285 - 30/04/08 05:27 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
I actually found the game repetitive and inferior to COD 4. I can see why some people would love it but it def. wasn't for me. I returned it to Best Buy and went right back to COD 4. I'm a little dissapointed.
Well damn you should have sent it to me!!! wink

Its the only way I will experience life in the city. [Finger]

#442286 - 01/05/08 07:32 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Day 2 impressions:

1. The cop car missions will keep me entertained for months! That's some fun stuff right there. [ThumbsUp]
2. Drunk driving sucks! That's the first time visuals from a tv made me dizzy. [LOL]

#442287 - 01/05/08 08:29 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
Repetitive? It's a sandbox game, you can go anywhere and do anything. Give it another chance, all GTAs get good when you start to experiment with them.
Driving around and killing people never gets old..agreed. I didn't enjoy the missions very much @ all. I'd just rather play COD 4 and kill people that way.. laugh

#442288 - 01/05/08 08:50 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Picked this up yesterday with Gran Turismo 5 prologue (scaled down version of 5 which isn't out yet). While the graphics are amazing and everything, i'm feeling the sense of been there done that as I played Vice City forever. My only real complaint is the music. WTF??? I've got an extensive music collection and haven't heard of a lot of this crap. Did they go cheap on us with the music??? You spend over $100 million making a game and this is the best music list you come up with?? I hope there will be a way to import our own music to it.

#442289 - 02/05/08 02:38 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

The multiplayer is a riot. Mike and I spent an hour or so killing each other with RPGs and Ferraris.

#442290 - 02/05/08 06:07 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The multiplayer is a riot. Mike and I spent an hour or so killing each other with RPGs and Ferraris.
They got the multiplayer modes working?? confused

Did you play online via X Box 360 or PS3? If 3, I'd like to play you in a game sometime soon!! [ThumbsUp]

#442291 - 02/05/08 08:42 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Last night I sent Ian a voice message saying I wasn't all that impressed with the game so far. We hooked up and did a little free roaming and I was getting a better feel for the controls and city.

We then jumped into multiplayer......holy shit what a difference! The cars are so much better handling and the game doesn't appear to be as sluggish as single player. It was a blast picking up a RPG and blowing shit up....especially Ian. And of course there was one point where I saw an orange dot (Ian) on the map comming up behind me....SHIT!!!...too late...a Ferrari, Maserati or some other fast friggin' car plows me over on the sidewalk, Ian's laughing his ass off over the chat. For most of the time we were playing we were either saying "OH SHIT!" or laughing like little kids. Great fun.

Two other guys jumped in the game and one runs up and tries punching me out, shot him dead. Stupid ass....fists against gun loses every time. He tried over and over....and died every time until he figured out the gun thing. I must have killed him 4 or 5 times before he finally shot me with an assault rifle.

The multi-player is going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait to get 16 players in a session, it's going to be kaos!

#442292 - 02/05/08 06:45 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
I played last night fine. Never took game out of system or anything.........when I go to play tonight, it won't load. It's stuck on the LOADING-IT'S YOUR CALL and the music ends and won't get any farther.

#442293 - 02/05/08 07:07 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
Last night I sent Ian a voice message saying I wasn't all that impressed with the game so far. We hooked up and did a little free roaming and I was getting a better feel for the controls and city.

We then jumped into multiplayer......holy shit what a difference! The cars are so much better handling and the game doesn't appear to be as sluggish as single player. It was a blast picking up a RPG and blowing shit up....especially Ian. And of course there was one point where I saw an orange dot (Ian) on the map comming up behind me....SHIT!!!...too late...a Ferrari, Maserati or some other fast friggin' car plows me over on the sidewalk, Ian's laughing his ass off over the chat. For most of the time we were playing we were either saying "OH SHIT!" or laughing like little kids. Great fun.

Two other guys jumped in the game and one runs up and tries punching me out, shot him dead. Stupid ass....fists against gun loses every time. He tried over and over....and died every time until he figured out the gun thing. I must have killed him 4 or 5 times before he finally shot me with an assault rifle.

The multi-player is going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait to get 16 players in a session, it's going to be kaos!
Holy crap! That sounds awesome! I was going to try an wait to get this game with the new kid taking up most of my time and all, but I may not be able to wait now.

#442294 - 03/05/08 06:43 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was in free roam last night and there were two guys cruising around in a bus..just driving around. Well I RPG'd them and I got kicked from the game..

#442295 - 03/05/08 01:46 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Ian and I were on again last night playing some free roam. A few guys joined in after an hour or so. One guy showed us where the helicopters are and everyone was either flying one, riding with someone else, or hauling ass in a boat asking to be RPG'd (Ian). I ended up crashing one in the ocean and swimming for shore. One guy had a copter on the beach and told me he'd pick me up so I headed that way. He didn't see me and started to take off just as I reached the beach.....I RPG'd him for not waiting bwahahahahaha!

Jumping out of helicopters is good fun too.....man you can fall a looooonnnnnnggggg way. Sucks though when you're riding along with someone piloting one and right out of the blue he jumps out. OH SHIT! hahahaha

#442296 - 05/05/08 07:02 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question about the helicopters... do they regenerate? I ask this because when I found one playing single player mode, I noticed another helicopter didn't regenerate in the place where I initially found it. I put my first one on top of a building with a yellow "H" landing pad and then never could find it again.

Also, has anyone gotten stuck on a mission yet? I got stuck on one where you have to go to the strip club and take out all 3 of the managers. If someone beat that, could you give me advice on how??? laugh

#442297 - 06/05/08 09:35 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm having trouble w/ getting the coke out of the abandoned hospital. I get the coke but when NOOSE raids the place I usually don't have any life left as it is..

#442298 - 06/05/08 12:19 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm having trouble w/ getting the coke out of the abandoned hospital. I get the coke but when NOOSE raids the place I usually don't have any life left as it is..
Use more cover. I took about 5% damage getting in and out of there. Make sure you buy a vest before that mission, there is a store nearby. Use cover, always. If you don't have a solid aim on a target, blindfire with the mini-sub.

#442299 - 06/05/08 12:32 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I'm having trouble w/ getting the coke out of the abandoned hospital. I get the coke but when NOOSE raids the place I usually don't have any life left as it is..
Use more cover. I took about 5% damage getting in and out of there. Make sure you buy a vest before that mission, there is a store nearby. Use cover, always. If you don't have a solid aim on a target, blindfire with the mini-sub.[/b]
Who contracts you for that mission? Little Jacob?

#442300 - 06/05/08 04:24 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Who contracts you for that mission? Little Jacob?
Sort of, but you can't miss the mission, it's required to progress.

#442301 - 06/05/08 05:42 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
XterraAZ, you just sold Rockstar a copy of GTA IV! laugh The multiplayer sounds like fun!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal