2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44485 - 05/06/02 11:10 AM Powertrax No-Slip
X_Jeeper Offline

Loc: Averill Park, NY
With the discouraging Eaton news, I thought I'd check with Powertrax about the No-Slip Xterra application. For what it's worth, this is what I received.

Quote:
Gary,

This model has been designed and we are currently getting ready to put it into production. We could start production late August.

Thanks,

Powertrax

#44486 - 05/06/02 01:37 PM Re: Powertrax No-Slip
lskebo Offline

Loc: canada
I had a power trax locker in my landcruiser rear end - I had to replace the bearings twice because of it. It was very hard on it because of the mileage I was putting on it. But the truck was pretty much unstopable.

I'd look into it more before I did it again.

I sold it to a guy - he put it in his front end. I have no idea if he had problems with it.

Just my experience.

Good luck,

Louis

#44487 - 05/06/02 02:26 PM Re: Powertrax No-Slip
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by lskebo:
I had a power trax locker in my landcruiser rear end - I had to replace the bearings twice because of it. It was very hard on it because of the mileage I was putting on it. But the truck was pretty much unstopable.

I'd look into it more before I did it again.

I sold it to a guy - he put it in his front end. I have no idea if he had problems with it.

Just my experience.

Good luck,

Louis
Which Powertrax locker did you have, they make a few?
EOE...Opening Soon!

#44488 - 05/06/02 02:43 PM Re: Powertrax No-Slip
Antitree_hugger Offline

Loc: Grandview, Wa
The power of the phone. I called them. They are producing it for the X's that DO NOT have the factory LSD first. I told the guy that most X's HAVE the LSD. He said they may need to rethink that and produce the one for the LSD housing first. Those of you with LSDs that WANT a No-Slip need to call them 1-800-578-1020 option 3. Tell them that you are interested in a No-Slip and TELL THEM YOU HAVE A LSD (if you do) I would HATE to see them come out with this for the non-LSD rear and then cancel the LSD version due to low sales.

Ben

#44489 - 06/06/02 08:33 AM Re: Powertrax No-Slip
Toy4x4Guy Offline

Loc: TN
I seem to remember quite a few guys breaking the No Slip in the Tacoma club I was in.

#44490 - 06/06/02 08:59 AM Re: Powertrax No-Slip
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Just got off the phone with Powertrax. Seems they've been working from a carrier that was sent to them by Steve @ Calmini. Powertrax didn't know if it was an open carrier or a limited-slip carrier, but after talking with him we determined that it was an open carrier since it was a one-piece housing. The guy I spoke with seemed to take what I had to say to heart, I think we'll have an H233B LSD-carrier No-slip by the end of the summer!

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal