2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451415 - 12/10/05 09:45 AM Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anybody dealt with this seller's products before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8006350687&fromMakeTrack=true

I would like to get a manual, but if this seller is just passing around worthless junk, I'll save my money.

My concerns:

Not much feedback.
Item location: "check the other auciton"
Poor english in item description

Thoughts?

#451416 - 12/10/05 11:33 AM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Honestly, this is probably not 100% legal. It looks like this guy d/l them from the site and is trying to sell what he d/l.

I would recommend that you just cough up the $20 for the one day subscription and d/l them directly from Nissan. I did and was able to get them for my Maxima also. Ended up being pretty convienent but took a bit to d/l all the parts.

#451417 - 12/10/05 12:15 PM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've never heard of this. Where is this located?

#451418 - 12/10/05 12:22 PM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go to the below link and sign up for a 1 day subscription for $20.00, Then download the entire service manual in PDF.

It is around 40 some files and about 90 megabytes total. If you have a high speed connection it does not take long.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissan/

#451419 - 12/10/05 12:59 PM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Honestly, I don't think that downloading them is legal either. You paid $20 for a one day subscription to access the manual online. It doesn't mean that you can download them to your computer. Just my thoughts.

#451420 - 12/10/05 03:21 PM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
NSANY Offline

Loc: Scenic NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
Honestly, I don't think that downloading them is legal either. You paid $20 for a one day subscription to access the manual online. It doesn't mean that you can download them to your computer. Just my thoughts.
Agreed. Otherwise, why would they offer them for sale on CD at $210? Now, that doesn't necessarily excuse Nissan for some poor sales decisions, but human nature is what it is...

As for me, I'm one of the few and the proud who have fifty pounds of books on the shelf. I like having the paper version of the manual.

#451421 - 17/10/05 04:34 AM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
When you open the file during the subscription, it actually downloads the chapter to your computer so you can open it in .PDF. So then you hit "Save A Copy". You don't view a page at a time over the internet, the Nissan Publication server actually downloads the whole chapter to your PC. You actually have to view each chapter and do the save. Each time you want to open, you start with FWD.PDF which is the Table of Contents.

It is illegal if you make copies and distribute, post for others to downlad or sell them. Buying the CD saves you from having to download 40 files and figuring out how to use the downloaded copy.

#451422 - 17/10/05 08:40 AM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's how I got mine by going to the website as well. I just saved mine to my computer and made a copy to my external hard drive to be on the safe side in case anything happens to my computer.

#451423 - 17/10/05 09:03 AM Re: Think this "factory service manual" is any good?
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by srpage:
Go to the below link and sign up for a 1 day subscription for $20.00, Then download the entire service manual in PDF.

It is around 40 some files and about 90 megabytes total. If you have a high speed connection it does not take long.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissan/
Do this!!! It's the best way to get a legal copy from Nissan and at a good price!

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal