Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#454645 - 10/12/05 10:14 AM Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just ordered the Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard/Ski Rack from RackAttack.com for my '05 X. Has anyone had any experience with this rack?

Will definitely post some pictures of the rack once I get it up there!!

#454646 - 10/12/05 10:41 PM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Though it looks slightly different than the Lift Ticket, i've had a Big Powderhound for years, and i've never had a problem. I bought the lock cores and it makes me feel more comfortable about parking the vehicle with equipment on it, though. Also about it flying off while driving.

#454647 - 11/12/05 04:13 AM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Willa, you have any problem with your rack closing with 4 boards?

i always get 4 boards on, bottom ones with the bindings down and the top boards with the bindings up.

I'll be able to close one smoothly, and then have a bitch and half squeezing the other one down.

#454648 - 03/01/06 08:59 PM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

We've got LiftTicket 6 on our X. We always travel with at least 4 boards. 2 boards down (carve/race.... different bindings so it not even close to the roof), two freeride boards with bindings up - and whatever other boards we need inside:). Too bad we didnt have everything up when I took this picture.
No problems with closing the rack with 4 boards.

#454649 - 03/01/06 10:26 PM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

i had a small write up on the snowboard section about racks on an 05 but i guess it was taken down.

get a set of mighty mounts

place the rack over the mounts. you will probably have to use the hole on the right side of the yakima logo. the nissan roof rack isnt that wide.

great rack...fits 4 snowboards easily. functions easy as well. just got a set of sks locks for x-mas laugh

#454650 - 03/01/06 10:38 PM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboardguy:

What model rack is this?

I've got the other model -- the one with the red latches. I got it for Xmas, so, I don't know what it is.. but I saw the model pictured above in REI tonight.. I'm jealous.. it has WAY better latch design.

The red latches have a piece of plastic that can catch easily on any gear you put in the rack -- it looks like it could snap right off! The grey latches have a nice, low-profile design that performs the same function -- not to mention they are glove-friendly to open!

#454651 - 03/01/06 11:27 PM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Snowboardguy...which Yakima Mighty Mounts are those. I haven't been able to find them anywhere and there is still nothing @ the Yakima website.

B.

#454652 - 04/01/06 05:17 AM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rack looks like the Yakima Lift Ticket 4....it should attach with normal vertical mighty mounts from courtesyparts or yournissanparts.com. I've been considering the same setup and snowboardguy's pics have sold me.

#454653 - 04/01/06 11:06 AM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Karlan - I have the lift ticket 6. the lift ticket 4 looks the same but its shorter.

BEAR5_0 - you can get them here vertical mighty mounts

#454654 - 04/01/06 11:11 AM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

heres an overall shot...

#454655 - 04/01/06 01:12 PM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

There appears to be a couple threads on this topic, so I'll repost....

I have the Yakima Lift Ticket 6 rack, too. Though I have the "universal" mighty mounts which are a bit different than the ones mentioned above. With mine, you don't have to remove the rack to remove the mounts--they simply clamp down on the crossbar with a screw, you can take off the whole rack by taking the heads off the hand screws. They definitely don't look as nice as the other ones, but they may be a bit easier to use if you only use the rack when you're on snowboard trips (like me). Check out the pics for a better description....

#454656 - 05/01/06 02:30 AM Re: Yakima Lift Ticket 6 Snowboard Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanx snowboardguy!!!

B.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal