2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#460159 - 18/12/07 05:28 AM Recent service visit
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was time for an oil change and tire rotation.(There was a coupon for two years free oil change , when I purchased truck) When I called service to arrange an appointment, I told them once again, about the hood sqeak, and the gas filler door, not staying completely shut. They couldnt find either problem at last servicing.
I printed out the tsb, on the front end squeak.
When I got the truck back, they told me, they confirmed squeek with test drive, and performed tsb The retested vehicle and squeek was fixed.
I can confirm the squeak was fixed(but hood it much harder to close know, and just seems "off a bit",.
As far as the gas filler door, I printed out the posts from this forum and gave them to service writer.
The mechanic, claimed he could not duplicate the complaint, but "adjusted" the lid.
I asked if they took the truck on hiway, which makes it open, and they said no, but bring it back if I have further trouble.
I told them , I drive 40 miles to you to service vehicle,(some of my children live in area) and driving back, for just a fued lid, is not an option. I asked the mechanic(trying to make a point) if he had a piece of tape, I could use , to put on lid for drive home to keep lid in place. I said I was tired at being honked at for an open door lid.
They offered me a piece of electrical tape.
This dealer, knows nothing about customer satisfaction.
I have serviced the truck here, three times, each with a less then stellar ending.
I am going to try a different service department next time.
I have two other vehicles(acura and toyota), and the service departments, treat me like a friend, and always do the right thing. I can say its actually a pleasant service experience.
I dont know what it is about nissan.
This is my second nissan, and service has always been offhand, at every nissan dealer, I have been at. Even their sales departments always seem a bit creepy, and slippery to me, but when I purchased this x, I knew exactly what I wanted and price willing to pay, so it went easy on the buy, even though I caught them in several lies, which I corrected them on, to get the sale proper.
But the sqeek is gone.

stay safe

#460160 - 18/12/07 05:34 AM Re: Recent service visit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check with your Acura or Toyata service department to see if they will work on your X. If they will, take it there.

#460161 - 18/12/07 06:15 AM Re: Recent service visit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffo65:
Check with your Acura or Toyata service department to see if they will work on your X. If they will, take it there.
Interesting you said that. Both my acura and toyota dealers will only work on their product.
Actually the acura dealer, will on some ocassion, work on a late model honda.
But every nissan service center near me, actually is proud to state, they will do work on all and any vehicles, no matter what make.
To me, this seems a little weird. You are waiting to get factory service on your nissan, and you have to wait for a lift, because a 95 ford taurus is waiting around for a few hours till a part is delivered.
I asked nissan company about this, and they basically tell me, a dealer does whatever he wants to do.
With my acura, I ALWAYS get a call from dealership, a day or two after, asking me if I was happy with service and is everything okay. About every second service, ACURA corp. calls me direct, and asks about servicing. Top notch to deal with.
I love my X, but servicing is part of total picture, and If acura, ever made something comparable to my x(will never happen, in the price range, LOL) their service department attitude, would sway me to buy acura.
I know other people in other parts of country wil have much varied experiences. I an not out of sorts, just dont like nissan attitude here. LOL
I keep my vehicles till the wheels fall off, and thus I am dedicated to this vehicle, hopefull for 200,000 miles at least. All vehciles in my family, get handed down, one way or another to the young ones who need them, or become part of "the family collective" smile
My favorite vehicle is still the old toyota sequoi,(when it is running good). Has 350,000 miles on original motor, and second transmission.
And hundred of brake pads LOL (the downside to the sequoi and its brakes)

Stay safe
Stay safe

#460162 - 24/12/07 07:10 PM Re: Recent service visit
Anonymous
Unregistered

My experience is that it is all about your relationship with a service writer. I know mine well and he totally takes care of me in big way. Since I work for Microsoft it doesn't hurt that I have thrown him a few copies of Office 2007 Pro for free, but he goes the extra yard and takes a personal responsibility for making sure they fix anything i say is wrong. Try to get the service writer on your side, BS him and let him know you'll be keeping this truck for 10 years and you need a place to keep it on the road for a long time. I started out that way and now my service write is a friend and really takes care of me.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal