Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#463196 - 22/04/08 06:23 PM Xterra vs Grand Cherokee
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I've had my Xterra for about a month now and have had some time to compare it against the vehicle that I traded in, a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Here are my opinions so far:

Horsepower: There is no comparison, the Xterra gets the nod. My Jeep also had a 4.0 liter engine but it couldn't hold a candle to the Xterra (not that I've put my foot in the X yet due to break in period).

Trans: Xterra gets the nod only due to the 5 speed auto.

4X4 operation: Haven't had the chance to use it in the X. I just hope that it will at least be close to the Cherokee, which handled extremely well.

Ride: The Cherokee wins handily in this area. I knew that this wasn't going to be close going in, kinda comparing apples to oranges on the design of the platform.

Gas Mileage: The X will get better in this area once the engine "loosens-up", but will in no way catch the Cherokee, but once again, I can read the ratings on the sticker and knew going in that it wouldn't be great.

Fit/Finish: Both are very good in this area.

I'm enjoying my new ride and will really enjoy not having to worry about un-expected maintenance with a warrantee. The Cherokee was getting up there in mileage and the nickle and dimeing of things breaking was getting expensive and annoying.

Doug

#463197 - 11/05/08 10:43 AM Re: Xterra vs Grand Cherokee
Anonymous
Unregistered

You forgot overall RELIABILITY.

I'll take the Nissan X over the Grand Cherokee every time... as does Consumer Reports.

#463198 - 13/05/08 05:08 PM Re: Xterra vs Grand Cherokee
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OR-X-Man:
You forgot overall RELIABILITY.

I'll take the Nissan X over the Grand Cherokee every time... as does Consumer Reports.
I never had a problem with reliability, other than some nickle/dime items. Over-all, I was very satisfied with the Cherokee, but I'm hoping that I'll be even more satisfied with the "X". I've owned other Datsuns/Nissans with no issues.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal