2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46414 - 20/08/05 11:38 AM Should I Replace the Clutch???
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Im getting a new transmission put into my truck under the original warranty. The truck is running about 58K right now and the dealer is suggesting that i replace the clutch when they do the transmission. Im planning on buying a new Frontier in early september. Do you all think that I should replace the clutch or just forget about it? Thanks all.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#46415 - 20/08/05 12:06 PM Re: Should I Replace the Clutch???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Depending on how hard you are on a clutch, your at about the 3/4 life of your existing clutch. Id say go for it if you plan on keeping your X for any lenght of time.

#46416 - 20/08/05 05:01 PM Re: Should I Replace the Clutch???
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
Im getting a new transmission put into my truck under the original warranty. The truck is running about 58K right now and the dealer is suggesting that i replace the clutch when they do the transmission. Im planning on buying a new Frontier in early september. Do you all think that I should replace the clutch or just forget about it? Thanks all.

Tim
I also have an '02 5-speed and have had transmission problems. Just curious...why is Nissan replacing yours?

#46417 - 20/08/05 10:56 PM Re: Should I Replace the Clutch???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd save your money if your going to trade it in a couple of weeks. At 50K that clutch is just getting broken in.

#46418 - 23/08/05 01:26 PM Re: Should I Replace the Clutch???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Depends on your driving habits. If most of your miles are freeway or you're "good" to your clutch, then you've probably got another 50K to go. No point in dropping those extra bones just cuz you're saving on labor, especially if you're gonna sell/trade-in.

If you've been street-racing or enjoy double-clutching, well then... that's another story. Spend the extra cash and use it as a selling point. Hopefully you can recover at least what you spent.

#46419 - 24/08/05 04:49 AM Re: Should I Replace the Clutch???
Strider Offline

Loc: Huntington, WV, USA
If you are absolutely sure that you are going to purchase a new Frontier next month, then I wouldn't worry about a new clutch. However, if it were me and there was a chance that I would be hanging on the truck I would go ahead and replace the clutch while they have everything apart, regardless of how you drive it. For example, I'm on 105,000 miles on the original clutch with no problems, but I've also seen clutches on other vehicles fry at 60,000. For me, the "peace of mind" of knowing that I had a new clutch along with the new tranny would be worth the cost of a new clutch.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal