2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46958 - 20/02/02 10:18 AM New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
I just got off the phone with an technical advisor from Poweraid, and he said next week they start shipping the new Airaid intake for the Xterra. The kit uses the stock factory bottom half of the airbox (along with the intake tubes), but replaces the top half and comes an adaptor/cone air filter. This is a "sealed" unit, so heat soak or water splashing up into the engine compartment should not be a problem. Their list price was $219, but he said dealers like www.truckperformance.com would have them cheaper. laugh

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#46959 - 20/02/02 10:37 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Cool, I've been waiting for them to get a system done.

#46960 - 20/02/02 12:07 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
Sean Offline

On a side note, I also asked if a Poweraid spacer was in the works, and he said "It was being considered". Another mod I've been "suggesting" to assorted aftermarket part manufacturers (e.g. Flex-Cool) is a clutch to electric fan conversion kit. So far I've heard "positive" reactions from my suggestions. Now if Nissan would only come out with a translucent roof deflector (yes I bitched to them too). wink

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#46961 - 20/02/02 02:14 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Do you know if its actually a sealed box, or if its just has walls and rubber to seal against your hood. It looks like the other ones thaey make just seal against your hood, which I wouldn't be too comfortable with. I've just about given up on SLR's cold air box. Every time I call them its "it'll be out in a couple weeks". I want a high flow intake, but one that I can mate with a snorkel and still be waterproof.

#46962 - 20/02/02 03:56 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
SalsaX Offline

Loc: Aliso Viejo, Ca,
I've emailed them a couple of times myself. Just been waiting for them to release.

I looked at TruckPerformance.com and found the airaid for the Xterra list. web page

$153.00
However, it shows that it's ships in 24hrs.
How can that be right if airraid hasn't released it yet.

Jim

#46963 - 20/02/02 06:51 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Caver-X:
I've just about given up on SLR's cold air box. Every time I call them its "it'll be out in a couple weeks". I want a high flow intake, but one that I can mate with a snorkel and still be waterproof.
I gave up on waiting for it, sold the IV intake, and bought the stillen.

#46964 - 21/02/02 04:01 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Caver-X:
Do you know if its actually a sealed box, or if its just has walls and rubber to seal against your hood.
It's a sealed unit. The new top portion (cover, adaptor, cone air filter) snaps on the lower stock portion of the airbox. There is no seal up against the hood.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#46965 - 21/02/02 07:58 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
x2see Offline

Loc: Independance mo usa
I have the Poweraid spacer on my 2000 x

#46966 - 21/02/02 07:59 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
x2see Offline

I have the Poweraid spacer on my 2000 x

#46967 - 22/02/02 04:25 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
the spacer you have is for the 3.3L frontier engine part number right? air raid doesnt list a part number specifically for the xterra yet that i know of. what are the benefits of the spacer?

#46968 - 22/02/02 04:27 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
XOC Offline
Admin

Increased intake velocity.

#46969 - 22/02/02 10:14 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
The X Factor Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Hey Stormy,

How much did it set you back? I have been looking at getting an intake, and would be interested to also know if you have seen any performace gains? Thanks, Kevin

#46970 - 23/02/02 08:02 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
There is a guy on eBay who will occasionally sell that exact same Stillen kit. Going rate was about $189.

#46971 - 23/02/02 08:01 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
x2see Offline

yes the part num is the one for the frontier works great just make shur to reset you ecu

#46972 - 24/02/02 04:32 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
Resetting your ECU does not help your ECU adjust quicker to changes. Your ECU is constantly evaluating the condition of the engine sensors and making adjustments. By resetting the ECU you are causing it to go back to factory defaults and relearn EVERYTHING instead of just letting it adjust for the air intake change. You will only get shitty gas mileage and poor power for 30 or 40 miles until the ECU re-learns what's going on in your engine. Leave the ECU alone unless you are changing something inside the ECU.

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#46973 - 24/02/02 06:04 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by The X Factor:
Hey Stormy,

How much did it set you back? I have been looking at getting an intake, and would be interested to also know if you have seen any performace gains? Thanks, Kevin
$218 + shipping

#46974 - 24/02/02 10:48 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
PismoTaco Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Increased intake velocity.
XOC-
Tell me how it increases the intake velocity. Also, do you have any dyno results that actually show it works?

I've heard lots of 'I feel faster, therefor I am arguments', but from all the dynos I've seen, they show no improvment whatsoever, in fact, I've seen slight hp losses.
-Chris

#46975 - 24/02/02 11:16 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
x2see Offline

not true about the ecu because I lost gas mileage until I reset it. I wated 3 days before I did it and it made a big diff

#46976 - 24/02/02 03:21 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by PismoTaco:
XOC-
Tell me how it increases the intake velocity.
Never mind, I had them confused with a velocity stack. It seems the PowerAid Spacer is nothing more than an expensive Tornado.

#46977 - 07/03/02 10:53 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
The Airaid intake for the X is NOT a sealed box. I just called them to ask about it. It does mate onto the stock airbox, but it has "air dams" on the rear and side to keep the incoming air cold (not engine heated) and is open in the front. If you are concerned about getting mud/water into the intake, or want to use this with a snorkel, this is not the solution for you.

#46978 - 07/03/02 04:03 PM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Never mind, I had them confused with a velocity stack. It seems the PowerAid Spacer is nothing more than an expensive Tornado.[/QB]
My thoughts exactly. Why would you have to wait for an Xterra part number. The two engines are identical. Either way don't waste your money. I have talked to several people who noticed no change whatsoever.

#46979 - 09/03/02 01:20 AM Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by PismoTaco:
[b]XOC-
Tell me how it increases the intake velocity.
Never mind, I had them confused with a velocity stack. It seems the PowerAid Spacer is nothing more than an expensive Tornado.[/b]
I recently read an article on the Tornado for SUVs...It sure read good, but I take it there are no advantages for installing this on our trucks? confused

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal