2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#480110 - 04/11/05 11:55 AM yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

so, i've been lurking for a while now, and i finally decided to dive in.

traded in my 1994 se/or 5spd pathfinder for a 2005 or 6spd x at the end of august. the only thing i miss is being able to open the back window to put gear in over the hitch rack. other than that, the x has been great. 100+ more hp is gonna get me in trouble, tho. [LOL]

seems like you guys/gals have a pretty cool community here... see you on the boards, i'm sure.

#480111 - 04/11/05 12:08 PM Re: yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

welcome from a fellow Masshole! cool

#480112 - 04/11/05 12:14 PM Re: yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

what up fellow noob. how do you like the 6 speed? i was torn on whether or not to go manual. also had a hard time finding one. even though the dealership said they could track one down and have it delivered, i know you can't wrangle as good of a deal if they order one for you. the xj i traded was auto, and i already have a manual tj so i settled with the auto xterra or. not complaining about it, i love it, just wondering what your opinion was.

#480113 - 04/11/05 12:18 PM Re: yet another noob
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Welcome!!! [Wave]

#480114 - 04/11/05 12:19 PM Re: yet another noob
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
[Wave]

#480115 - 04/11/05 12:42 PM Re: yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#480116 - 04/11/05 12:50 PM Re: yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Redsox1113:
welcome from a fellow Masshole! cool
x2 laugh [Wave]

#480117 - 04/11/05 12:59 PM Re: yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome [Wave]

#480118 - 04/11/05 01:56 PM Re: yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

welcome [Wave]

#480119 - 06/11/05 09:29 PM Re: yet another noob
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xport:
how do you like the 6 speed? i was torn on whether or not to go manual.
it's great ... and it's a big part of why i ended up with the x. more and more companies are dumping standard transmissions in favor of tiptronics, which, if you ask me, are better left on sport cars that you can shift from the wheel. the x shifts like a truck (go figure), and you can really feel the gears engage. some people may not like that, but i do -- it seems 'sure' to me.

on another note, i have to say that after having a 5 speed for so long, and because there's so much power, it's easy to forget that there's another gear above 5 when you're at cruising speed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Xport:
also had a hard time finding one. even though the dealership said they could track one down and have it delivered, i know you can't wrangle as good of a deal if they order one for you.
i worried about this as well. for those that haven't purchased yet, i found that you can get a pretty accurate idea about what specific dealers have from the www.nissanusa.com corporate site. after my test drive and some pricing research, i went home and looked for specific cars that were nearby online. after looking through around 50 dealer inventories in ma and ri, i found 9 6spd x's that i would have been ok with. i then priced each of them with edmunds/bluebook.com, and went back to the dealer.

some people may not want to go to that effort. but if nothing else, i really 'knew' what was available, both in terms of available options and available vehicles. the dealer was a little surprised that my research was so thorough. maybe i was just lucky, but price negotiation was brief, and i got my x for close to $6k below sticker (excluding tax, title, etc) even though it ended up coming from providence, ri. this was in mid-august.

#480120 - 07/11/05 06:36 AM Re: yet another noob
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Welcome aboard from a fellow New Englander [Wave]

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal