Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48363 - 15/11/06 05:14 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok sorry i'm confused..

kiaser ordered 00 manifolds looking at his list, you guys say to look for 03,04 manifold. So you cannot order 03-04 manifolds then correct? To get 03-04 i would have to search ebay for new or used as nissanparts,etc doesn't carry 03-04?

#48364 - 15/11/06 05:18 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

slow down, slow down.

if you were to get used ones try to get them off a 2003 or 2004. thats when the oem production was fixed supposedly.

if you are going to buy them new i would probably still buy the ones for 2003 or 2004 as well.

maybe kaiser didn't know that the issue was fixed in 03-04. Maybe Nissan has made the replacements for 2000 - 2002 better, but i doubt it.

sorry for the confusion.

#48365 - 15/11/06 05:23 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The manifolds might be different between the '01's and '03's for example:

On one, the cats are part of the manifold, on the other, they are a separate piece...

so you can get the manifold onto the engine....but you'd need to rube goldberg the rest of the exhaust to match up.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#48366 - 15/11/06 05:29 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

1#The manifolds might be different between the '01's and '03's for example:

2#....but you'd need to rube goldberg the rest of the exhaust to match up.

laugh
1# MIGHT or ARE?

2# what exactly does this mean

#48367 - 15/11/06 06:57 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by South Side Ninja:
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
[b]

laugh
1# MIGHT or ARE?

2# what exactly does this mean[/b]
Dont they teach these things in school anymore? Rube goldberg machine... Ever watch Pee wee back in the day? Alarm goes off turning a peice of twine thats connected to a bowling ball ramp, which rolls the ball into something else and so on and so forth until the end result is breakfast is ready? Pretty much its a series of events strung together that have a domino effect to achieve an end result, normally they are quite complex and some are down right genius. We used to build them in grade school.

#48368 - 15/11/06 07:07 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
OnlyOneDR Offline

Nissan does not sell the "old" style anymore. If you pull up the P/N for the manifolds the newer superceding part carries the old P/N. I know because that's how I ordered mine. I looked it up in FAST for my model year and got the newer style casting when I ordered it. Unless you run across a dealer with old stock (very doubtful seeing all the ones that have been replaced) you will get the new casting.

The only ones that don't have the cats done the same way are the early federals with only 2 cats. The manifolds are the same for those I believe, will need to go back and check.

I ordered mine from www.nissanparts.cc for less than $70 last year. I haven't checked prices on it again for obvious reasons.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#48369 - 15/11/06 10:52 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I am only saying about the manifolds because my '01's were cracked a bit...and I just swapped in an engine from an '03 X where the '01 X's engine used to be...

And - the cats were part of the manifold on one, and not on the other.

An '03 Engine

An '01 Engine

laugh

And Rube Goldberg is the one who made up all of those whacky things as described...the Board Game, Mousetrap, was based upon it, etc.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#48370 - 16/11/06 12:35 AM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by swade:

and now im going to get a real good laugh down from my neighbors with fords and tahoes when they find out i need, exaust manifolds, pull tranny for rear main seals, if the steering starts leaking give it up...i'll surrender.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, I just bought my X 3 days ago. Granted it's used, but never the less, it's an X. I've wanted one since the day they came. My previous vehicle, a ford explorer had 172K miles on it and didn't burn a lick of oil. Only thing I ever replaced was the clutch. Then I was in an accident and explorer got totaled.

I expect to get 200k miles if not more out of my X. Here's my point. We all buy certain vehicles for our own reasons. Parts are going break, it's bound to happen. But if you truely love your vehicle, you will do whatever it takes to keep them on the road.

I'm new to this forum (1st post), but it seems like every X owner in here, has nothing but love for their X and no matter what breaks or the cost of the replacement part, they make the repair and keep on truckin! Who cares what other people think, drive, or what your vehicle looks like, as long as you love your ride, that's what matters.

#48371 - 16/11/06 06:05 AM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewH:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
[b]

laugh
1# MIGHT or ARE?

Dont they teach these things in school anymore? Rube goldberg machine... Ever watch Pee wee back in the day? Alarm goes off turning a peice of twine thats connected to a bowling ball ramp, which rolls the ball into something else and so on and so forth until the end result is breakfast is ready? Pretty much its a series of events strung together that have a domino effect to achieve an end result, normally they are quite complex and some are down right genius. We used to build them in grade school.[/b]
Like in the GOONIES, when he puuls the string and all that stuff happpens, and the gate opens....

#48372 - 16/11/06 08:09 AM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chumpmann:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

laugh
1# MIGHT or ARE?

Dont they teach these things in school anymore? Rube goldberg machine... Ever watch Pee wee back in the day? Alarm goes off turning a peice of twine thats connected to a bowling ball ramp, which rolls the ball into something else and so on and so forth until the end result is breakfast is ready? Pretty much its a series of events strung together that have a domino effect to achieve an end result, normally they are quite complex and some are down right genius. We used to build them in grade school.[/b]
Like in the GOONIES, when he puuls the string and all that stuff happpens, and the gate opens....
you people are all way too old for me. pee wee herman,pffft. i was too busy playing out on the playground when i was a kid to be watching tv, either that or i was way too young when that show was on the air.

old people...think they know everthing. :rolleyes:

[Finger]

#48373 - 16/11/06 08:22 AM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

AMAZING HONDA COG VIDEO REPOST
All made from 1 car smile

#48374 - 16/11/06 09:02 AM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
AMAZING HONDA COG VIDEO REPOST
All made from 1 car smile
Funny.. I alllllmost posted that earlier - but didn't 'cause I figured everyone has seen it already.

#48375 - 16/11/06 10:19 AM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by chumpmann:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

laugh
1# MIGHT or ARE?

you people are all way too old for me. pee wee herman,pffft. i was too busy playing out on the playground when i was a kid to be watching tv, either that or i was way too young when that show was on the air.

old people...think they know everthing. :rolleyes:

[Finger]

#48376 - 16/11/06 03:54 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

COol. I'll order that one as soon as I check both of em. Good photo write up. Thanks for all the help. Sorry for goin off =) hahaha

#48377 - 18/11/06 06:41 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Swade, If It makes you feel any better I bought my 2000 X last years and about 65,000 miles I had to replace the manifold in it. I've had to replace the headlights several times, the ABS light is always on, it has new breaks. Not to mention its been hit on each side, the hood was damaged by some fat cat, and the rear has been hit. All drivers left without leaving their insurance. Aside from it being a bit costly on maintenance and looking like trailer trash, I love it none the less

#48378 - 22/11/06 07:53 PM Re: YOU are S%&TING ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

1988 Jeep Cherokee 238,473 miles on it
replaced the rear main seal at 227k last year.

cost me 14.00 and an afternoon in the garage.

gotta luv it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal