2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#247067 - 27/02/07 08:06 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

no problem. you still got another two feet to go! -seriously though, that makes for a bad day. frown

#247068 - 27/02/07 08:16 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Happy Birthday xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
We need the story on this... and the aftermath!

That really sucks!!!

#247069 - 27/02/07 09:26 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks like the snorkel didnt help much.

#247070 - 27/02/07 09:29 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

HOLY CRAP Theo!! Testing out the snorkel??

What happened?

#247071 - 27/02/07 10:18 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

OMG thats gonna be $$$

#247072 - 27/02/07 11:38 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

K.. Well was out with and got seperated from the group. I knew if I followed the river I would find my way out. Was driving along and the embankment I was on gave way and walla. Front end into the water. I was able to keep it on but when I realized I was stuck I killed it. starting throwing whatever I had up front into the back and climbed out the window. Ended up everyone thought that I had gotten out already and when I got cell phone reception I called them and the few that were in the valley still came up to me and they called for a winch. Got winched out and was dragged for the next 3 hours through the jungle. Got to the main road and called for a tow truck. Got home drained my oil and pulled my interior apart, pulled my ECU and went to sleep. Next day drained front diff, Tranny fluid, pulled spark plugs, checked distributor, and hand cranked engine, drained oil again, put back in my ECU, and cranked over the engine. Drained oil again, replaced spark plugs and cranked her over and she started up after a few tried. Flushed all my fluids again and she works. Just need to figure out a few small things, flush all the fluids again and she will be good to go. Todd if you want to come over this weekend we are going to be having a wire-harness cleaning and bearing packing party at my place. laugh

#247073 - 27/02/07 11:46 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow thats nutts... glad to hear she works

#247074 - 27/02/07 12:04 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Watch out the first time you use the A/C blower fan.

*foosh!*

[LOL]

#247075 - 27/02/07 12:08 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome Theo... Hope you have it back up and running with all the little quirks worked out soon.

#247076 - 27/02/07 04:47 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn, Theo! Hope she's feelin weel.

#247077 - 27/02/07 05:05 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man, that's not good. A lot worse than I had it. eek

#247078 - 27/02/07 05:11 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is yours a manual or auto. If it is auto, the transmission is probably shot as water in there, even if you drain and replace the fluids, will more than likely kill the transmission.

Sorry, but how did you get in there?

#247079 - 27/02/07 05:58 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
K.. Well was out with and got seperated from the group. I knew if I followed the river I would find my way out. Was driving along and the embankment I was on gave way and walla. Front end into the water. I was able to keep it on but when I realized I was stuck I killed it. starting throwing whatever I had up front into the back and climbed out the window. Ended up everyone thought that I had gotten out already and when I got cell phone reception I called them and the few that were in the valley still came up to me and they called for a winch. Got winched out and was dragged for the next 3 hours through the jungle. Got to the main road and called for a tow truck. Got home drained my oil and pulled my interior apart, pulled my ECU and went to sleep. Next day drained front diff, Tranny fluid, pulled spark plugs, checked distributor, and hand cranked engine, drained oil again, put back in my ECU, and cranked over the engine. Drained oil again, replaced spark plugs and cranked her over and she started up after a few tried. Flushed all my fluids again and she works. Just need to figure out a few small things, flush all the fluids again and she will be good to go. Todd if you want to come over this weekend we are going to be having a wire-harness cleaning and bearing packing party at my place. laugh
Good God man it is a truck, not a submarine! smile

That is by far the worst stuck I have ever seen for an Xterra.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. TJ went through a lot less water and hydrolocked his motor.

If I were you I would get a new/used ECM now. You will need it. I would also dry out (somehow) the ECM wiring harness connector with silicon spray. The pins are definitely going to corrode if you hook the ECM back up. Check the O2 sensors also. TJ had water stuck in the cats. Repack wheel bearings. How is the electronics, the radio, power door locks and windows? W-O-W......

Stone

#247080 - 27/02/07 06:23 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
This one sucked. laugh

Axle

#247081 - 27/02/07 07:35 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whoa. That didnt suck, it aint stuck either, f*cked is more like it... What did u do to rescue?

M

#247082 - 27/02/07 07:43 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can read all about that in the ALR...

#247083 - 27/02/07 07:45 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uhoh, that cant be good.

EDIT- Where? I dont see it....

M

#247084 - 28/02/07 01:37 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=001010#000000

#247085 - 28/02/07 11:47 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Todd if you want to come over this weekend we are going to be having a wire-harness cleaning and bearing packing party at my place. laugh
Uhhhh, gonna be over on Maui for the rest of the week, sorry I'm gonna have to miss that one... :rolleyes:

#247086 - 28/02/07 11:50 PM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look at you two.. talking about island hopping you lucky bastards [Finger]

#247087 - 03/03/07 10:27 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Oleksak:
Look at you two.. talking about island hopping you lucky bastards [Finger]
Mark, you could always transfer to Hickam, then you, like me right now, could be checking your email from a laptop while sitting in boardshorts on your patio at the beach watching the whales go by in the Maui channel... laugh

#247088 - 03/03/07 11:53 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope, as much as I'd love to be there. I'm goin to Malmstrom next with my winter jacket frown If I ever got moved to Hickam and they told me to leave Id suddenly be AWOL... [LOL]

#247089 - 06/03/07 08:29 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:

Holy shit, Theo. I just saw this. Were you out with Damn Kids near Kualoa Ranch? Let me know if you need some help.

#247090 - 06/03/07 09:53 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, no kidding dude, that's a snorkle, not a periscope! That sucks. [Freak]

#247091 - 06/03/07 11:03 AM Re: show us your stuck pics
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Man...The X is just a Vehicle...It is not a Vehicle/Submarine like one of those James Bond Movies....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal