2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#493285 - 05/10/09 05:34 PM Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - $6000
tcdesign Offline

Loc: Hudson, WI
I tried to sell this last year and decided I couldn't part with it. I'm ready now - my second little girl is due in 2 weeks, and this FJ is only getting driven a few times a year as it is.

This Cruiser was built to handle almost anything offroad, but once it was finished I barely got a chance to drive it (had a baby, having another soon). With a little extra work it could become a really nice restoration - I didn't want to invest in that at the time because it was just going to be used on the trails. Or you could just take it straight to the trails. The specs are listed below:

• Original 1972 F engine (straight six)

• Holley carb w/edelbrock air intake

• sm420 (4-speed heavy duty manual transmission) mated to stock 3 spd. t-case with Extreme Bends adapter kit for a 70:1 crawl ratio

• Spring over - through-the-frame shackle reversal (to keep the center of gravity low) with reversed stock springs in front, fj60 springs in rear (they center the wheel in the wheelwell)

• 100" wheelbase - gives a very smooth ride on the highway, unlike the original short stock wheelbase

• Cut and turned front axle for proper caster and driveshaft angle (Cruiser Outfitters)

• Saginaw power steering conversion (Cruiser Outfitters steering shaft, joints and plate)

• GM 2-wire alternator

• Pertronix electronic ignition conversion

• Aussie locker in the front differential

• 35" Goodyear MTRs on 2.5" Backspaced wagon wheels (2.5" BS gives more lateral stability than stock width wheels)

• Front disc brakes from a '76 FJ40 with Warn manual locking hubs

• Rear disk brake conversion w/monte carlo calipers

• Longfield birfield axles (cryogenically hardened axle shafts)

• Heavy duty Magnum knuckle studs by ARP

• 4x4 Labs hysteer steering conversion (moves the tie-rod above the axle and out of harm's way)

• 13" travel shocks (F-150 shock towers in front)

• Custom traction bar

• New oil pan and gasket

• New 4 core radiator

• All new brake lines including extended SS braided lines from Marlin Crawler

• Lengthened heavy duty driveshafts (mini truck CV joint in rear lengthened using DOM, 14" travel square receiver tube shaft in front)

• New EZ-Wiring harness

• Autometer tach, oil and temp guages

• 6-point roll cage - Metaltech profile cage with custom rear cage and frame tie-ins

• Corbeau suspension seat with 5-point Crowe racing harness (driver's side)

(Still has original bench seat on passenger side, but I have another Corbeau and 5 point harness waiting to go in)

• Comes with full doors and hardtop, and vinyl half doors.

Only rust spots on the tub are a small hole on each of the rocker panels, maybe quarter size. Other than that, zero rust on this tub. Zero on the floor pans, zero on the underside. The rear half doors are rusted though and can easily be replaced. The passenger side quarterpanel is dented (when I received the tub), but no rust. You can cut it out and use a small quarter panel replacement from Cool Cruisers.

This truck was taken down to the frame and rebuilt over 4 years. Frame is new, tub is new. All seals and gaskets have been replaced (knuckles, wheel bearings, tranny, t-case). Engine was not dismantled, but has a new rear main seal, valve cover and side cover gasket, water pump and thermostat gaskets, oil pan gasket, manifold gasket and timing cover seal and gasket. It runs very nicely, goes down the freeway straight. Probably less than 1,000 miles on it since I bought it.

Over $10k in parts alone, not to mention the time I invested.

I have some steel (not aluminum) diamondplate quarterpanels cut for this and the rocker panels if you want them. Comes with hardtop and doors.

I would also consider a trade for a nice, rust-free 240z, 280z or 1990+ 300zx. Would also take a z + cash if yours isn't quite worth $6k. In fact, I would ideally like a $3-4k car and $2,500-3000 in cash.

#493727 - 07/11/09 10:09 PM Re: Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - $6000 [Re: tcdesign]
ELum Offline

Loc: SoCal
interested... pm sent. My email is: elum79@hotmail.com

Moderator:  johnnyx, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal