Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#496960 - 31/08/04 09:38 AM Re: Calmini SAS
xterrabull Offline

Loc: san jose, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
NC Dana44 on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7918860866&cate gory=33728

I am interested in more information about how different the '05 set up will be and if Calmini is considering looking at that set up anytime soon. Why do a 3" SL when you can go straight to SAS! I am hoping for Steve or other real gurus to pipe in but this request may be way too premature. I am on the list for an '05 and starting to look for an axle.
Hmmm...that's a passenger drop axle; for Xterra SAS you need the differential on the driver's side. Strange thing is, the seller claims it's out of a 1979 Wagoneer -- & I thought those were supposed to be driver's side drop. confused

#496961 - 31/08/04 10:18 AM Re: Calmini SAS
nozzlejock Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
I think the driver side drop starts in 80 or 81.

#496962 - 31/08/04 10:39 AM Re: Calmini SAS
xterrabull Offline

Loc: san jose, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by nozzlejock:
I think the driver side drop starts in 80 or 81.
Oops, your right; googling indicates 1980+ is driver side drop.

#496963 - 31/08/04 10:51 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Galusha:
Since you did the little report for us I was wondering if you have any inside scoop as to the actual release date of it and if they have any actual MSRP for it yet?? I have seen a lot of numbers being tossed around and was wondering if you heard anything more solid along the lines of release date and price.
I don't know what the release date is. As far as price, I've been sworn to secrecy, or Steve will use my testicles for his next dyno test. Sorry, but I plan on using them still.

#496964 - 31/08/04 11:34 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xoc:
That's your problem Brent, you take advice from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Look at this thread on NOR , full of ignorant remarks from the locals.

It's really sad watching that crowd posting their comments about how much it will cost, how much it sucks, and how they can do better.

The same thing happened when the CALMINI gears came out. Those of us with a brain have them, those without are still waiting for some magical gears from some other company to materialize[QUOTE]

Not a GD one of us were commenting on "how we could do better", or "how much it sucks". Learn to read. The only negative comments were about suspected price. Bagging on another message board, and their "ignorant remarks", is just pathetic.

I've never met someone so far up a company's ass before. How does Calmini's shit taste? I've never ONCE questioned the design, strength, or workmanship of Calmini's products. They're extremely well built, almost to the point of being overdesigned. But their pricing scheme sucks. And not just for Nissan's. That goes for the Sammi products as well. They make a damn good product, and they make sure their pricing scheme reflects that.

As to the mounting tabs that some people seem to be concerned about; don't be. On paper, they should hold up. But that's why they're testing it, before releasing it. Duh! (BTW, Steve, calculating bending moments isn't all that freaking hard; quantifying how much stress is actually gonna' be there when offroading is the hard part. Good thing Brent didn't know the moment is just force times distance...) And before XOC comments on any more remarks of mine, calling them ignorant, or whatever, my degree says engineering on it. What's yours?

[Save the fine unicorns]

#496965 - 31/08/04 11:52 AM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
It sure took you long enough to crawl over here.

Your post...
Quote:
hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

A "bolt-on" SAS kit?

Sure...

For a mear $10,000+, it too can be yours...

Give me a break...
That sure sounds like an ignorant fuck if you ask me.

What exactly is wrong with Calminis pricing ?

#496966 - 31/08/04 12:04 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nothing is wrong with their pricing, from a business stand point. But their prices are higher than market prices, for other vehicles.

Yeah, I know, Nissan's are a niche vehicle at the moment. That's what some of the vendors keep saying, to justify their higher prices. But Calmini doesn't have higher prices just for Nissan's. They have higher prices for Suzuki's, and Isuzu's, too. They make damn good products. But are their products twice as good as their competition? Who's to say, but their pricing sure is.

I love my Nissan as much as the next guy; I bought it to wheel it, and I knew the aftermarket situation beforehand, as well. I wouldn't own a toyota or a new model jeep, if somebody gave it to me. But paying a helluva' lot more for a product that's over-engineered, isn't worth it to me. Paying a helluva' lot more for a product that's barely engineered (slip yoke eliminator) definately isn't worth it to me.

Damn, I wish we could take this out on the trail sometime. I'd love to show your X up on the rocks. Not only can my truck go anywhere your X would be able to, but I spent a helluva' lot less on it, 'cause I didn't want to pay the extra for the blue powder coating.

And sorry, I don't check your lame ass sight very often. A lot of the info is pretty good, and some people are pretty helpful. But then there's a lot of people that are just plain assholes, and I try to limit the amount of shit I have to shovel on a daily basis. So only once every few weeks is enough of your bullshit to put up with.

#496967 - 31/08/04 12:32 PM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

So you don't think your comment was ignorant ?

Focusing on one product, the SYE from CALMINI, isn't really a fair judge of their pricing.

You're an engineer (or at least you play one on the internet), why don't you just make your own instead ?

Now head back to NOR, where people like you who think that "showing someone up on the rocks" is something to be proud of.

#496968 - 31/08/04 12:36 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I think what I said was a smart-assed comment, off the cuff remark, just like the ones I make on a regular basis. Truth be told, I doubt the whole deal would cost more than around 4k, axle and gears included.

No, I won't design one myself, 'cause 1)I don't have a PE, and 2)I wouldn't be able to come up with anything better, or for any better price, and 3)I design airports, not mechanical parts. Maybe you didn't know, but there's lots of different engineers, other than just mechanical engineers. But we all have the same classes in statics & dynamics, to do moment calculations.

And finally, what, you don't play on the rocks? I guess you're a pavement pounder afterall. You're right, I'm wasting my time w/ a discussion w/ you. I actually thought you might be someone who would put a lift on a truck to go offroading with. Shit, man, don't you know you don't need a SAS to go to the grocery store?

#496969 - 31/08/04 12:56 PM Re: Calmini SAS
02sc Offline

Loc: up yours
I just love internet tough guys!

#496970 - 31/08/04 02:05 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
LMAO whole lotta mountains in KY is there?

#496971 - 31/08/04 02:10 PM Re: Calmini SAS
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
3)I design airports, not mechanical parts.
Oh crap!! I fly about 80% of the time. Please tell me it's not into an airport that you had anything to do with.

-Doug

#496972 - 31/08/04 02:23 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

depends. ever been through Denver, Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis, Chicago (O'Hare), Indianapolis or Louisville? If so, then yeah, you've been through an airport that I've done some design work on. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. Rest assured, I work for a firm that is one of the best in Aviation Design, so have no fears, it was done right. If it makes you feel better, I don't do facility design; that's for Architects. I've only done little things, like Runways, Taxiways, Parking Lots, and occasionally, lighting schematics...

And yeah, there are mountains in Kentucky. Ever heard of the Appalachians? 'Ya need to get out more if you haven't...

#496973 - 31/08/04 02:32 PM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

Small world, I worked on runway and drainage design for DIA back in 1994.

#496974 - 31/08/04 05:23 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

So let me get this straight...

"I design airports, not mechanical parts.
I've only done little things,… like lighting schematics."

So you have no business flaunting an engineering degree and degrading designs that you don't understand. Congrats on knowing what a moment is by the way, I only wish mechanical design was that easy. As diminutive as your mechanical engineering skills are, you seem to have even less knowledge of finance and business, so I suggest you stay out of the way of Calmini, and let them do their business and design the way they see fit.

Dan (BSE, mechanical and aerospace engineering)

#496975 - 31/08/04 06:17 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Paul H Offline

Quote:
And yeah, there are mountains in Kentucky. Ever heard of the Appalachians? 'Ya need to get out more if you haven't...
The Appalachians do not even come close to comparing to the San Juans or the Rocky Mountains.

You need to get out more if you think it is the same.

#496976 - 31/08/04 06:57 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
KUM BY YA.....................

#496977 - 31/08/04 07:34 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seriously, if you're gonna' accuse me of something, accuse me of attacking Ian for what he's said of me. I haven't once "degrad[ed] designs" of calmini. And I only mentioned what a moment was, 'cause Steve called out Brent for it. If you'd like, I can do lots of math, but I hate doing it if I'm not gettin' paid, and it doesn't prove anything, anyways.

I also never once said I "think it [Appalachians and Rockies] is [sic] the same."

Could y'all at least READ the previous posts, before answering, and attacking? It would make your attacks more reasonable, and at least on target.

Hell, even Ian knows what subject/topic to yell at me about. Come on, guys. You're gonna have to do a little bit better with the "research" and the "quoting".

#496978 - 31/08/04 07:54 PM Re: Calmini SAS
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
depends. ever been through Denver,... If it makes you feel better, I don't do facility design; that's for Architects. I've only done little things, like Runways, Taxiways, Parking Lots, and occasionally, lighting schematics...
Yea make me feel a little better. The tower design is a copy of the one in St. Louis, which fell over in a 40mph wind. DIA (Denver International Airport) is built in Colorado's tornado ally and winds are often well over 40MPH.

Too bad about the 30 year runways that had to be partly rebuilt after just 5 years.

But I will leave the SAS design to Calmini.

#496979 - 31/08/04 08:25 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

In defense of DIA and the designers (of which I was not one; the job I worked on is still in design at the moment), the original runway and apron problems seen at DIA were contractor and materials related, not design related. They got blamed on design by a couple college professors that were basing all of their opinions on theory, and had not once been involved with any of the design, decision making, and didn't technically know what they were talking about.

But back to the Calmini SAS (which I have yet to make any negative design comments on, for the record), what are the latest testing notes/results on it?

#496980 - 31/08/04 08:46 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Paul H Offline

you retard.

You are the one who called Ian a mall crawler. You challenged Ian to go out with you in the rocks saying your truck will outperform his. Then said Ian has never been on rocks. If you had half a brain you would know Ian prefers rocks to mud and has done I think nearly every trail in Colorado. And if you could put two and two together that means a lot of ROCKS. If you also had half a brain you would have seen one of the probably thousands of pictures with Ian's Xterra in it on, you guessed it rocks.

You tried to call him out and got slammed plain and simple. You tried to act big with your 6000ft hills you call mountains in KY and got called out. Live with it.

#496981 - 31/08/04 09:03 PM Re: Calmini SAS
Anonymous
Unregistered

whoops. sorry. didn't know I needed to add gay tags like, "LMAO" so you could read sarcasm.

Wow. I guess these guys should give up their competitions, since they're not "in the mountains". http://www.urocc.com

are they all as stupid as you out there, dumbass?

anybody that starts a west coast vs. east coast wheeling arguement is a moron. get back on topic, bitch.

oops. almost forgot. LMAO.

#496982 - 31/08/04 10:12 PM Re: Calmini SAS
XOC Offline
Admin

Seriously, go home, your kin at NOR miss you.

UROC has events in Farmington, Jellico and Utah. Lots of mountains there.

#496983 - 01/09/04 05:32 AM Re: Calmini SAS
Paul H Offline

Nice try at a backpedal there but it is not going to work. You started the debate not me I merely stated you sucked and were a retard.

Anyone that comes to another message board to stir shit is a moron....

#496984 - 01/09/04 06:32 AM Re: Calmini SAS
off2cjb Offline

Concerning the SAS, no matter whay Calmini's final price is for the great product, it will be too much money, There is no way I, or many others, would pay that much money for this. For the price of the SAS, you could buy yourself an already more capable offroad vehicle. It doesn't make good financial sense to buy this. Don't get me wrong, I like it and I like what it can make the Xterra do, but no way does the performance equal the cost.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal