Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#505221 - 01/08/06 07:26 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've never really payed attention before, but you are the master of useless posts. keep the dream alive. [LOL]

i'm a noob why? because i don't have 3400 posts? give me a break. let me know when you come up with something intelligent to say.....and don't google it to pretend you're smart either.

#505222 - 01/08/06 07:37 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ive accidently done donuts on wet pavement. when i had my stock POS tires on, i use to slide and sometimes spin out when i turned. i was pulling out onto a slippery surface(a road i take everyday to work now) and i broke traction and spun out just as a tractor trailer was coming over the hill. i had to spin it around to get out of the way. ive tried doughnuts in the snow, and they're very good.

#505223 - 01/08/06 08:06 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Donuts are great in the snow or on ice. And like TJ said, the danger is not the donut itself, but if you get a patch of something that suddenly has more traction than what you are on. Making donuts on snow and hitting a patch of pavement or a curb would put an end to a nice donut.

On slippery roads, I always make the rear end swing when turning a corner by giving it a little shot of gas. A donut is what happens if I give too much.

Last winter, I saw a tandem dump truck do a donut in a slippery parking lot. I thought that was cool.

#505224 - 01/08/06 08:30 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow. There's a lot of jerks here. Everyone seems to have such a mighty e-wang. :p

#505225 - 01/08/06 08:53 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonK06X:
Wow. There's a lot of jerks here. Everyone seems to have such a mighty e-wang. :p
way to make a first post. [ThumbsUp]

#505226 - 01/08/06 12:30 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by JayZ:
i've never really payed attention before, but you are the master of useless posts. keep the dream alive. [LOL]

i'm a noob why? because i don't have 3400 posts? give me a break. let me know when you come up with something intelligent to say.....and don't google it to pretend you're smart either.
First off, you dont know me, know anything about me or have ever hung out with me so you have nothing to base your judgement on how smart I am. I have been posting on this board since I took ownership of my firt Xterra back in 2001. Now count with me that means I have been on here for 5 yers. I know how the people on this board especially the ones considered Vetrens like myself, act towards noobs asking stupid questions such as wiil i roll my X doing donuts or how big of a Tire can I fit on my X with out lifting. If you ask a stupid question to a mature group of people your going to get stupid answers as well as flamed for being stupid. I am 26 and I have never done a dount in any vehicle except my Isuzu and that wasnt by choice. And to asnwer your question as to why your a Noob. Well its becuase you dont know how to ignore us assholes on here. I learned real fast.

#505227 - 01/08/06 09:48 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, i used to have a titan, i did donuts alot, well 5-6 times mostly when i found out it was getting traded soo i was like ehh whatever it was pretty scarry in the dirt it wasnt so bad, but on pavement i made my friends scream because they thought it was going to roll...i think it came pretty close. When my xterra gets broken in i might have to give it a shot....who knows maybe i can get a video this time and post it.

#505228 - 03/08/06 04:57 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

out her in vegas we have these playa's (big dry lake beds that are pretty flat). Out trail running one day early on in the ownership, i had to cross one. there was no one else out there so i decide to do some spins. fun, but not jump off a building exciting.

then, as i am leaving, i decide to get up some speed and do give it a turn and try and "drift" a little.......that was fun! i have done it before in cars (and my superduty was surprisingly good at it!?!) but not like this, with no curbs or anything to worry about. the slip tried to kick in but it seems that if you keep your foot down, it kinda gives up on trying to stop the slipping. anyway, looked like something out of a commercial, big cloud of dust and all.

then, an hour later, it hit me how not-so-bright that was. at 30 or 40, i could have hit a bump or hard spot and rolled the crap out of it........in the middle of nowhere!

course, i learned not to count how many times i cheated death in the past.........it scares the crap out of me!

#505229 - 03/08/06 06:43 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
GrayHam Offline

Stop busting on Chia.

He didn't say "all Canadians are stupid".

He inferred that some Canadians are stupid (and he is correct, mind you). Especially the ones who think going out and doing donuts in an SUV might be smart.

If you aren't planning to do donuts in the parking lot, what the fuck do you care? Obviously Chia wasn't talking to you, was he?

So lay off the big bald walking Crayola pack.

Stupid Canadians.

#505230 - 03/08/06 07:00 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've done plenty of donuts on wet pavement. Its easy, especially with the stock tires. Not quite so easy with the Revos, but I can still do them no problem.

#505231 - 03/08/06 07:08 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So far:
3 Stupid Canadians admitted to doing donuts
9 Americans admitted doing donuts (1 was accidental).

Just thought I would point that out...

#505232 - 03/08/06 08:34 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stupid Canadians

#505233 - 04/08/06 05:34 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A couple vids I found on YouTube that shows how much fun snow can be:

Fun in the snow

Donuts in the snow

Tahoe Donut Snow

Camper doing donuts in snow

#505234 - 04/08/06 05:54 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Oh and just so you know Grayahm is Canadian.

#505235 - 04/08/06 06:10 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did not know, but I did not count him anyway, he did not admit to making donuts.

I would have to agree that donuts are stupid and immature. They can be risky even with a car because there are so many uncontrollable variables.

Having said that, I am immature and still do them in the right conditions. Actually, not so much donuts as u-turns. If I have to turn around while on ice or snow, I will slow down to almost a stop, cut the wheels and hit the gas at the same time, instant 180.

#505236 - 04/08/06 07:17 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Oh and just so you know Grayahm is Canadian.
shhhh.

#505237 - 04/08/06 07:26 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 56kz2slow:
So far:
3 Stupid Canadians admitted to doing donuts
9 Americans admitted doing donuts (1 was accidental).

Just thought I would point that out...
This would be a better point if more than 90% of the members here weren't American. wink Therefore, based on our very limited data, Canadians are roughly 3 times more likely to do something this stupid. laugh

#505238 - 04/08/06 04:42 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
My 2 cents on Canada. In my former career with American Airlines, I traveled on business to places ranging from Newfoundland to British Columbia and worked with people from Canadian Airlines, Air Canada, Transport Canada, and local vendors. Went to hotels, restaurants, and so on.

Bottom line? I wish people in the U.S. were more like they are in Canada. Courteous, professional, helpful.

My ex-GF worked for Delta and was involved in the post-crash response to Swissair 111. One of the family members arrived in Halifax and didn't have appropriate clothes to wear to a memorial service. One of Delta's "Care Team" members, who assists families in those situations, was trying to figure out what to do since it was after hours. A local who worked at the hotel where Delta's command center was located said he knew a guy who had a men's clothing store. The owner opened the store after hours and when the Delta employee tried to pay for the clothes, the man said, "These are for one of the families, right? No charge."

Plus, one of the lesser known stories from 9/11 is how hundreds of passengers were stranded at Canadian airports like Gander, St. John's, and Halifax. Hotel rooms were quickly gone leaving many with no options other than the terminal floor or an airplane seat - for days. Canadian families opened their homes and invited people they'd never met to make themselves comfortable until they could fly out.

So I personally have heard enough about "stupid Canadians." I think they have a lot to be proud of.

#505239 - 04/08/06 05:09 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 trucks for you Russel!

Gee, I didn't think my comment would start a fight :rolleyes: I didn't mean "all" yanks were smart AND arrogant hehe laugh (we need a disturbing shit Graemlin)

#505240 - 04/08/06 06:30 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Thanks - I appreciate that.

Something else occurred to me too. An Arrow Air DC-8 full of US peacekeeping troops returning from the Middle East crashed in Gander in 1985 with no survivors. This monument is at the crash site, which is on a slope overlooking Gander Lake. The scenery is so spectacular that it's very odd to stand near the monument knowing so many people died there. The town built this beautiful monument to honor those killed. It's called "Silent Witnesses" and depicts a boy and girl holding the hands of a US soldier, who is facing in the direction of the 101st's home base of Fort Campbell, KY. The children are also holding olive branches, the symbol of peace.

The story is here.

#505241 - 08/08/06 11:27 AM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i dunno about doing donuts in the X, i get a little nervous taking a corner to fast. nor do i think i'll even take chance because i don't really wish to explain to my insurance company why my X is upside down and there are donut marks right next to it...

#505242 - 10/08/06 02:21 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i used to do donuts in my x when i had it. i could peel out rolling burnout and donuts were no problem flip the vdc and floor it. I now won't dare try donuts in my lifted jeep.

#505243 - 10/08/06 02:44 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My TJ did the tightest donuts I've ever seen. It had a total of 8 inches of lift. I, to this day, cannot beleive how stupid I was to be doing that. When making left hand turns through intersections I would throttle just enough to have the front left tire off of the ground, then I would ride it out as far as I could. I remeber it being fun at the time, but looking back I could have killed somebody, including myself. My Impreza was also a blast to spin around in. I don't think it is worth chancing it in an X, or any other suv for that matter.

#505244 - 10/08/06 03:58 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

grow ya a set and light 'em up if that's your thing.

http://www.zshare.net/video/xxxtitan_short-wmv.html

#505245 - 10/08/06 06:06 PM Re: Donuts with the X = rollover?
Anonymous
Unregistered

MY TJ IS LIFTED A TOTAL OF 5 INCHS
ON 35'S. I ALSO DON'T HAVE SWAY BARS SO DONUTS ARE MUCH WORSE FOR ME.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal