Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#510581 - 20/03/06 07:48 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Brandon, where do you ride your Gixer? I am another "Alabama Redneck" with HIDs and I need some riding partners. laugh

#510582 - 20/03/06 11:52 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Stevenson, Al.

#510583 - 22/03/06 10:34 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just thought I would share with you guys. My good friend just had these done for his MSP (Mazdaspeed protege). I think the turned out really well.

Hella BiXenon projectors with modified shields, MB E-class shrouds, and custom true carbon fiber inlay.

[Smoking]

#510584 - 23/03/06 05:10 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice. I'm starting a HID retrofit using Acura TL projectors on my X soon. Just trying to source some 05/06 headlights. The problem with our Xs being relatively new is that there are no used parts out there.

#510585 - 28/03/06 02:19 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

I gotta tell you guys, that it is very enjoyable to read you flaming eachother. But, we should make a post that is strickly for flaming. I'm not lighting guru or anything, but correct me if i'm wrong. aren't older lexus and mercedes models fitted with hids from the factory? and they do not have projector headlights. ask me how i know. i have an 04 RX300. the HID beam is not scattered at all. I have performed that mod on my 02 X, and the beam was nice an crisp also. I had to drop the beam a little, but that was it. I used separate driving lights on my bull bar for the long beam. so, you really do not need a projector beam headlight to have hids. if you do, than Lexus and Mercedes really dropped a bomb.

#510586 - 28/03/06 08:04 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TRIPIIIE X:
I gotta tell you guys, that it is very enjoyable to read you flaming eachother. But, we should make a post that is strickly for flaming. I'm not lighting guru or anything, but correct me if i'm wrong. aren't older lexus and mercedes models fitted with hids from the factory? and they do not have projector headlights. ask me how i know. i have an 04 RX300. the HID beam is not scattered at all. I have performed that mod on my 02 X, and the beam was nice an crisp also. I had to drop the beam a little, but that was it. I used separate driving lights on my bull bar for the long beam. so, you really do not need a projector beam headlight to have hids. if you do, than Lexus and Mercedes really dropped a bomb.
You are completely confused. There are OEM HID setups that are reflector based. They use a shielded capsule called a D2R. there is a HUGE difference between that type of setup and what is talked about in this thread

#510587 - 29/03/06 09:45 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, like I said, I'm no Lighting Guru...but thanks for the enlightment. I do prefer the X without them. Somehow it just does not look right. Its like putting chrome 20"s with low pro tires. HID's??? Sure,, but on the roof rack...Plus, living in the city, if it aint stock and the insurance wont cover it, yoour money is out the window when some soccer mom runs into you. Learned it the hardway. SVX RIP...Thanks for the info though...Personally, putting a Nice Shrock Bull Bar would be a wise investment. Saved my life three times.

#510588 - 06/07/06 03:46 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brandon, good job, and if they work well, kudos. Got pics to your gixxer?

ive had xenons on my last 4 cars and really miss them on the X. But to show that xenon works in projector and reflector mode, my c32 has both, the low beam xenon is in a projector and the highbeam xenon is reflector based:

#510589 - 07/07/06 05:28 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

HID lighting makes a huge difference. It's not like I can drive with the lights mounted on the roof while on a hightway or in the city.

I had it in my last car, too. I'm working with someone on retrofitting projectors into my Xterra headlights. Here's the progress so far...

#510590 - 07/07/06 09:32 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keep us posted max, I'm interested in this too.

#510591 - 07/07/06 11:38 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
HID lighting makes a huge difference. It's not like I can drive with the lights mounted on the roof while on a hightway or in the city.

I had it in my last car, too. I'm working with someone on retrofitting projectors into my Xterra headlights. Here's the progress so far...

That looks nice, oem like. I thinking waiting a year might be good to see if nissan does a OEM setup for the X in 07, unlikely but who knows

#510592 - 07/07/06 12:43 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very unlikely.

#510593 - 07/07/06 01:04 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey max, was it a pain to take the headlight apart? I never got a chance to inspect it myself so I'm not sure how much work is involved

#510594 - 08/07/06 05:21 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nah, use a heat gun to separate the lens from the housing.

#510595 - 11/07/06 08:22 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:

Nice - I respect the effort and time it takes doing it the right way. Congrats, they look great.

Pics of the protege with the retrofits installed

#510596 - 29/07/06 09:22 AM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

does HID.....use alot of da battery...

im happy with mi SilverStars...

but im tryin to look for da BlueTint look..u know...like some Hella..

#510597 - 29/07/06 07:56 PM Re: HIDs installed
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIDs use ~35 watts versus regular halogen bulbs which use ~55 watts.
And the light output is amazing. One of the best purchases I've made.
I used to have Silverstars before this, and they don't come close to HIDs.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal