2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51875 - 03/02/01 08:18 AM A few pics of the new Nissan Motorsports Torsion Bars
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN

Here is a side by side comparison from the stock bar and the Nissan Motorsport bars. Stock bars are 24.51mm Nissan Motorsports bars are 27.38. So about a 3mm differance.

Here you see the new bars in place. Notice that the subframe that they go into is missing.

And here we have the new bars installed. :-)

Last I checked xterraparts.com had sold all but one set of the bars. I know that they have more on order but am not sure when they will be getting them in. You will have to call them because they do not have these bars on their web site yet. 800-527-1909

------------------
2000 Xterra White
4x4 3pack w/xtras
SWXC Member# 2
TMTC (Texas Motorized Trails Coalition)Member # 653
KD5MQO

Carlton_McMillan@swxc.org www.swxc.org

[This message has been edited by Carlton McMillan (edited February 03, 2001).]

#51876 - 03/02/01 08:31 AM Re: A few pics of the new Nissan Motorsports Torsion Bars
Mustard Custard Offline

Loc: Worldwide
Carlton, Did you consider the Reinforced Torsion Bar Anchors from SLR? Here's what their site says: "With increased stress from oversized Torsion Bars and excess cranking, we have found that four wheel drive trucks and Xterra's Rip Torsion Bar Anchors off the lower control arms. This part helps solve the problem." The part about ripping lower control arms has me worried.
I think I got the next-to-last set ordered yesterday from xterraparts.com. Please let me know if you think your setup is stought enough without the SLR anchors. Thanks.

------------------
2001 Solar Yellow SE
KMA Tire Carrier

#51877 - 03/02/01 08:59 AM Re: A few pics of the new Nissan Motorsports Torsion Bars
Carlton McMillan Offline

That is a valid point..

Currently I do NOT have the new torsion bars cranked up because there is really no point to do so. I had them do the alignment to factory specs.

However if you do plan on lifting by means of cranking the torsion bar rather than by means of relocating the front diff then I would say yes to getting the stronger anchors. Just make sure that they redo your alignment to try to correct for your changing the geometry of the suspension.

P.S. with the suspension in the stock configuration I have not had a problem with my 31" tires nor have I had a problem with bottoming out.

------------------
2000 Xterra White
4x4 3pack w/xtras smile
SWXC Member# 2
KD5MQO

Carlton_McMillan@swxc.org
www.swxc.org

#51878 - 04/02/01 12:57 AM Re: A few pics of the new Nissan Motorsports Torsion Bars
theadage Offline

I was wondering... I'm not really too car shabby (or truck shabby)... But what are the advantages of replacing the torsion bar? (Better suspension response?) I was also wondering, do any of you know if there are any conversion kits for a spring front suspension?

Thanks.

------------------
________
Paul
Go BRUINS!!!

#51879 - 04/02/01 04:16 AM Re: A few pics of the new Nissan Motorsports Torsion Bars
blenderhead Offline

Loc: Grovetown, GA, USA
saavy might be a better word?

------------------

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1479294&a=11140594&p=38897161&Sequence=0&res=high

Greg Moultrie
00 Aztec Red XE 3-pak
4x4 Auto

Greg Moultrie
00 Aztec Red XE 3-pak
4x4 Auto

#51880 - 04/02/01 09:11 AM Re: A few pics of the new Nissan Motorsports Torsion Bars
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by theadage:
But what are the advantages of replacing the torsion bar? (Better suspension response?) I was also wondering, do any of you know if there are any conversion kits for a spring front suspension?

Well.. you get better response. If you have an ARB and or winch up front they bigger bars compensate for the added weight and will live longer.

As for a conversion kit to springs.. I think you mean a conversion kit to COIL springs.. Torsion bars are springs... just in the form of a bar. And no.. I do not think there is a kit.

------------------
2000 Xterra White
4x4 3pack w/xtras smile
SWXC Member# 2
KD5MQO

Carlton_McMillan@swxc.org
www.swxc.org

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal