2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#535643 - 06/10/05 07:26 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's not "American's are not very big on driving a standard shift truck or car", it's because if you live in a big city, you don't need no 6 speed, unless you're looking to burn a clutch within a few weeks. I live in the NE, NYC to be exact and would have loved a 6MT but coping with the daily rush hour nightmare would destroy that clutch easily and certainly make it less fun to drive an X. Hell, I should move to NM...

#535644 - 06/10/05 08:22 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got here (to this forum) looking for the answer to just this question -- local dealers have lots full of 4x2s, 4x4 automatics, I just want an OR with a manual transmission. I don't get it. A year or so ago I got a letter from Nissan offering to buy back my X so I went in to see what Town North had on the lot - about 3 dozen 2WD 4 cylinder AT X's. I think that would be a DOG of a vehicle, it ought to be a crime to sell them.

So, can anyone clue me on the logistics of ordering? Dealers obviously won't have the incentive of moving stock to lower the price. Ouch. Although I guess I can just contact various dealers to see if anybody is interested in negotiating. After all, I can always keep the one I got... Last time I went 70 mi out of town to find the model I wanted at a price I could live with. Or I could take a road trip...

#535645 - 07/10/05 10:37 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just build your xterra on nissanusa.com and then check all the dealers to see what they have in stock say within in 50-100 miles. That's what I did. Good Luck!

#535646 - 09/10/05 08:17 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
OFFROADMANUAL Offline

Loc: Northern New Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by Cono:
It's not "American's are not very big on driving a standard shift truck or car", it's because if you live in a big city, you don't need no 6 speed, unless you're looking to burn a clutch within a few weeks. I live in the NE, NYC to be exact and would have loved a 6MT but coping with the daily rush hour nightmare would destroy that clutch easily and certainly make it less fun to drive an X. Hell, I should move to NM...
Well, I did just that: bought my 4x4 OR 6 speed in NJ and...moved to NM a few weeks ago. Not looking back. Just Do It!

Now I'm looking for some fun off-roading here in the Northern NM region... I think it's.......everywhere!

#535647 - 12/10/05 12:22 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just thought i'd chime in,

I'm in NM also (Albuquerque) and just picked up my X tonight. [Wave] 2005 Off Road 4x4 6spd. White. Love this thing!! Couldn't wait, took it on a hill, and almost got in trouble. I'll try to be a bit more patient next time. ;-) Mine has the Rockford audio... what does everyone think of that package? I didn't want it at first (wanted to install aftermarket stereo) but it's growing on me. Would be nice if I could plug in an Ipod though.

#535648 - 13/10/05 08:03 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
OFFROADMANUAL Offline

Loc: Northern New Mexico
I've got the RF also and like it. But I do miss the ipod port.

#535649 - 13/10/05 03:19 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same problem but was 'lucky.' I live in Alabama right now and had to buy through a different dealership in Tenn but they sold it before the order was fully processed. So then I had to buy one that was in GA and wait three days to get it. When I was signing for it another salesman wanted to show it to a different customer because he never saw one. They seem to be a rare breed. I think it has something to do with the 'lazy American' thing and the fact that most of the people who drive manuals anymore are the people who can't afford the automatic. I refuse to drive an auto and am having a blast with this thing.

James cool

#535650 - 13/10/05 08:31 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i guess i was lucky....i was talking to various dealers...called up one in MD they had a silver one nearby they could pickup. when i arrived, they had found a Black one with the VDC on it...so that was two! i found at the same time.

#535651 - 19/10/05 08:43 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was ready to buy an MT OR 4x4 in September. No '05's to be found within 1000 miles of Fort Worth. Ordered an '06 the first week of October. The dealer located a Granite model with the options I was looking for (RF Audio, microfilter, autodim mirror) in the production schedule. It arrived on October 13 and I have been driving since then. Dealer said very few 4x4's ordered for TX and even fewer MT's. I'm glad that I was patient.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal