Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54049 - 17/06/04 11:09 AM Yakima Kayak Rack Help!!
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
I'm picking up two 12' kayak's tomorrow morning. I bought the yakima kayak stacker cause I heard/told/read on XOC that it would work with mighty mounts. I have those, but when I tried to set it up last night it doesn't work. What I really need to know, what do I need to be able to carry a kayak?!?!!? I've done a search and have found tons of different options. I have two bike rack trays up on top connected to stock rails using the mighty mounts. Any help/directions would be awesome!! I've posted something similar in the Kayak\Canoe forum as well. I thought maybe a different forum would help me out as well.

Thanks Guys smile

#54050 - 18/06/04 05:58 PM Re: Yakima Kayak Rack Help!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never figured out a secure way of using mighty mounts with the kayak stacker (I have the old version - just a pair of vertical poles that clamped directly to the yakima crossbar), so I decided to get a load warrior. Since I'm only 5'7", its a nice place for my little stepladder. :p The load warrior has actually been useful on a few occasions - so if you do a lot of kayaking I would consider it.

I also mounted my old 48" crossbars just under the stock Xterra rack, using u-bolts dipped in that tool handle coating stuff. Worked great (and was cheap!), I now have the paddle rests to one side, and a Yakima viper bike rack on the other.

Good luck.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal