2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542216 - 18/09/05 01:34 PM Service engine soon light came on today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cruising down the Autobahn today at 90 mph the damn service engine soon light came on. Looks like the mileage was 6,400 miles on the dot. Is this because the garage that changed my oil the first time didn't reset the maintenance computer?

Thanks in advance,

Bo

#542217 - 18/09/05 01:53 PM Re: Service engine soon light came on today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope. That light indicates one of the sensors that monitors engine functions has been triggered.

It could reset itself but if it does not go out a trip to the dealer may be in order.

#542218 - 18/09/05 02:36 PM Re: Service engine soon light came on today
paulgw Offline

Loc: St.Albans, Herts, UK.
Quote:
Originally posted by SMSgt Bo:
Cruising down the Autobahn today at 90 mph the damn service engine soon light came on. Looks like the mileage was 6,400 miles on the dot. Is this because the garage that changed my oil the first time didn't reset the maintenance computer?

Thanks in advance,

Bo
Make sure the gas filler cap is nice and tight, turn it clockwise to hear about seven clicks.

Are Nissan selling Xterra's in Germany? I thought I was one of only three Xterra's in Europe. Two in the UK and one in Italy?

Paulgw.

#542219 - 18/09/05 08:26 PM Re: Service engine soon light came on today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote: "Are Nissan selling Xterra's in Germany? I thought I was one of only three Xterra's in Europe. Two in the UK and one in Italy?"

Sorry Brother, now you're one of four in Europe. I purchased mine new in April and put it on the boat for Germany two weeks later. She's been to France, Austria, Belgium, Holland, and the Czech Republic so far. I get a lot of second looks, for sure.

I have seen a few new Pathfinders here, but no new XTs yet. My local dealer LOVES my truck. The closest thing they sell over here is the smaller X-Trail and the larger Patrol which is starting to look dated.

I was thinking the maintence light was a programmed thing since it came on at 6,400 on the nose. The gas cap is tight. Any other suggestions?

#542220 - 19/09/05 08:58 AM Re: Service engine soon light came on today
Anonymous
Unregistered

It could be your O2 sensor.

#542221 - 20/09/05 12:15 PM Re: Service engine soon light came on today
Anonymous
Unregistered

I reseated the gas cap three days ago and the light finally went out this morning. Go figure.

Thanks for all the input. You guys are the best!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal