Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#545680 - 30/11/05 09:01 PM Re: lift options
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
I could have told you that we had specific/unique bolt patterns. Search... 6 on 4.5

Hmmm... another item in this thread... if you want to go 33x12.50 does that imply 15" rims? I believe someone also tried that in a shop and it did not work - the brake calipers were too big. Someone correct me on that one if I am wrong.

Yes, the 285s rub the skirt at 70% turn. No adjustments needed on the steering stops.

Also, under compression in the rear fender wells there is rubbing with the 285. A 35" tire (or equal in 315?) will not fit unless further modifications considered. At that time, a 35" tire may cause structural damage to your axle if you wheel it.

There are probably going to be rubbing issues with skirt items. Pull out the heat gun and warp it if you concerned.

I think we are going to see alot of options open up right before Christmas. I would tend to believe that the holiday season is a big sales opportunity.

Daystar, Calmini and SLR will soon have there stuff out. Just stay tuned and be patient. Hell, I've been waiting since Feb. 26 with cash in the bank. I'll tell you about being patient.

#545681 - 30/11/05 11:19 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
I could have told you that we had specific/unique bolt patterns. Search... 6 on 4.5

Hmmm... another item in this thread... if you want to go 33x12.50 does that imply 15" rims? I believe someone also tried that in a shop and it did not work - the brake calipers were too big. Someone correct me on that one if I am wrong.

Yes, the 285s rub the skirt at 70% turn. No adjustments needed on the steering stops.

Also, under compression in the rear fender wells there is rubbing with the 285. A 35" tire (or equal in 315?) will not fit unless further modifications considered. At that time, a 35" tire may cause structural damage to your axle if you wheel it.

There are probably going to be rubbing issues with skirt items. Pull out the heat gun and warp it if you concerned.

I think we are going to see alot of options open up right before Christmas. I would tend to believe that the holiday season is a big sales opportunity.

Daystar, Calmini and SLR will soon have there stuff out. Just stay tuned and be patient. Hell, I've been waiting since Feb. 26 with cash in the bank. I'll tell you about being patient.
Yeah i know about 6 on 4.5 lug pattern - they just sent the wrong set of wheels. I haven't really discussed what size wheel I was getting because I didn't feel like hearing the random bitching from people about how it's not "off-road worthy" and what not. I'm actually putting a 20" wheel on and a Nitto Terra Grappler in a 305/50/20 which is slightly shorter than the BFG's running about 32.08 inches inflated not under load. I'm hoping the slight difference in height will make up for the width issue (305 is WIDE!) and I'll be able to clear the tires with not too much hacking in the fender well. I did talk to somebody who put a 305 width on his '05 X, but he said he was running without a front bumper so he doesn't know how much cutting is involved. If the 305s dont fit tomorrow, it looks like I'll be throwing on a set of 18s with 285/60/18s Nitto Terra Grapplers. I really want the 20s though so we'll see.

#545682 - 01/12/05 08:38 AM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
Not really, however your correct about the 15inch wheel. Tirerack already said that 15 inch wheel will NOT fit on the 05 X. As for 33x12.50, the Trxus comes in 33x12.50R16 and just about every other tire out there has a 305/70/R16 which comes to 32.81x12.01.

#545683 - 01/12/05 06:24 PM Re: lift options
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
One advantage to the 305/70/16 is also the wider tread area for the section width...so, for example, the BFG AT ko in 305/70/16 is a full 33" in diameter, and has a tread width a bit wider than the traditional 33x12.5/15, with a slighly narrower section width.

The wider tread/increased contact patch with the narrower section width makes the 305/70/16 handle better than the 33x12.5/15 as well.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#545684 - 01/12/05 08:47 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
One advantage to the 305/70/16 is also the wider tread area for the section width...so, for example, the BFG AT ko in 305/70/16 is a full 33" in diameter, and has a tread width a bit wider than the traditional 33x12.5/15, with a slighly narrower section width.

The wider tread/increased contact patch with the narrower section width makes the 305/70/16 handle better than the 33x12.5/15 as well.
Hmmmm, i did not know that. Thanks TJ!

#545685 - 07/12/05 04:52 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

alrighty, so I came home disappointed tonight for a couple reasons.
1. Daystar won't call me back, won't email me back. I sent some morse code over the wire, but they didn't get that either. Ha, so who knows when I'll get a lift.
2. 305's wouldn't fit, until we took the bumper off. I can't ride around without my front bumper...well I can, I just don't want to (hopefully I'll order that Schrock Bumper by early Jan.)
3. The wheels I wanted I could not get because of our piece of shit lug pattern - so I settled on just any set I could get, which I will get media blasted and powdercoated this Saturday.
4. ...and the list goes on. The BFG AT KO's wouldn't fit because of the offset of the wheel, they just plain rubbed too hard on 45% turn. Even after cutting the inner plastic of the front wheel well.
So, I went with a smaller tire (31.5") until Daystar or somebody will hook me up with a lift. I'm hoping I can get a fabricator friend of mine to build me a shackle for the rear. A front spacer is no big deal, but a custom shackle is questionable.

Well, here's a before picture, I will get some more pics of the truck on the ground after the wheels are powdercoated this weekend! Be Kind, I'm not into chrome!! just a couple days

#545686 - 07/12/05 05:01 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

one more - sorry about the blurriness

#545687 - 07/12/05 06:45 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why not just keep the stock wheels and toss 285/75R16's on it?

Never mind...I just went back and read your other post. [Huh?]

#545688 - 08/12/05 08:43 AM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are you doing with your stock rims?

#545689 - 08/12/05 09:16 AM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

what type of rims and tires are those?

#545690 - 08/12/05 01:15 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kokopop:
What are you doing with your stock rims?
I dunno, why, you wanna buy em?

The wheels are American Racing something, honestly I have no idea. I think they're on the site, you can check it out AmericanRacing.com and check out the application guide they got quite a few of 'em.

#545691 - 08/12/05 01:28 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm guessing you aren't an offroader. Bling Bling wheels on an X just makes me wanna puke.

#545692 - 08/12/05 01:59 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bkohler81:
Quote:
Originally posted by kokopop:
[b]What are you doing with your stock rims?
I dunno, why, you wanna buy em?
[/b]
I just sent you a PM.

#545693 - 08/12/05 02:33 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I'm guessing you aren't an offroader. Bling Bling wheels on an X just makes me wanna puke.
An offroader? Bro, I live in Northern VA - doesn't really matter what finish or material your wheels are just to hit the trails - it's all mud and dirt,not much rock. You're right though I don't do too much with my X - I have a couple quads that I usually use to 'wheel. But if you READ, I'm not too much on chrome either, and if you LOOK, those are All Terrain tires. To be honest, the stock wheels on the Xterra (S, at least) make me wanna puke. I had a Tahoe for several years with a 9 inches of lift and 37s with 20 inch wheels, and that did just fine off road here in VA. Read before you post bro.

#545694 - 08/12/05 04:16 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Didn't need to read - I saw the picture and hated the look of the X with bling bling wheels! Why is reading required!!! smile

Chill Bro.

#545695 - 08/12/05 04:22 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Didn't need to read - I saw the picture and hated the look of the X with bling bling wheels! Why is reading required!!! smile

Chill Bro.
Dude, you're a dick. how about something constructive. Your gag reflex is hardly helpful.

#545696 - 08/12/05 04:23 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I will get some more pics of the truck on the ground after the wheels are powdercoated this weekend! Be Kind, I'm not into chrome!! just a couple days
Thats why you need to read!

#545697 - 08/12/05 04:24 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gilsnuxs:
Quote:
[b]I will get some more pics of the truck on the ground after the wheels are powdercoated this weekend! Be Kind, I'm not into chrome!! just a couple days
Thats why you need to read![/b]
thank you!

#545698 - 08/12/05 04:28 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

If words could hurt, this is what most peeps would look like on XOC

#545699 - 08/12/05 04:34 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

thats a big picture

#545700 - 08/12/05 06:05 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

until something happens with the suspension and articulation why add 1 - 1 1/2 inches of tire? I think Bling Bling on an Xterra is just fine...lets face it, In stock form, an Xterra isnt going to be used for serious off-roading. I guess tuners have two dirrections they can go... Jeep wanna-be or Esculade pimp mobile.

#545701 - 08/12/05 06:18 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I'm guessing you aren't an offroader. Bling Bling wheels on an X just makes me wanna puke.
An offroader? Bro, I live in Northern VA - doesn't really matter what finish or material your wheels are just to hit the trails - it's all mud and dirt,not much rock. You're right though I don't do too much with my X - I have a couple quads that I usually use to 'wheel. But if you READ, I'm not too much on chrome either, and if you LOOK, those are All Terrain tires. To be honest, the stock wheels on the Xterra (S, at least) make me wanna puke. I had a Tahoe for several years with a 9 inches of lift and 37s with 20 inch wheels, and that did just fine off road here in VA. Read before you post bro.[/b]
Dude just wondering if you'd be interseted or not but check out www.vaxc.org and come out and join us. We have a winter run at GWNF in Feb.

#545702 - 08/12/05 06:26 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Galusha:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I'm guessing you aren't an offroader. Bling Bling wheels on an X just makes me wanna puke.
An offroader? Bro, I live in Northern VA - doesn't really matter what finish or material your wheels are just to hit the trails - it's all mud and dirt,not much rock. You're right though I don't do too much with my X - I have a couple quads that I usually use to 'wheel. But if you READ, I'm not too much on chrome either, and if you LOOK, those are All Terrain tires. To be honest, the stock wheels on the Xterra (S, at least) make me wanna puke. I had a Tahoe for several years with a 9 inches of lift and 37s with 20 inch wheels, and that did just fine off road here in VA. Read before you post bro.[/b]
Dude just wondering if you'd be interseted or not but check out www.vaxc.org and come out and join us. We have a winter run at GWNF in Feb.[/b]
Dan, I'm already over there - same username

#545703 - 08/12/05 07:29 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by half fast:
...lets face it, In stock form, an Xterra isnt going to be used for serious off-roading...

I beg to differ laugh

#545704 - 08/12/05 07:38 PM Re: lift options
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey dude you really need to get out more!! That one above is Hells Gate in Moab (he has taken his into many hardcore trails). It all comes down to what are you willing to do. If you are not willing to go hardcore than you are "Escalade pimp mobile" per your quote. If you are willing to try then you will be astounded where you can go in stock form.

I have seen 05s go where many "hardcore" people I know will not go. It is all up to you and your driving ability [Smoking] .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal