2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#549457 - 22/08/06 08:16 PM Time to start building
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Build List...Starting to order parts soon as my old trail rig is sold.
1. New Windshield
2. Channel 9 CB Fiasco
3. Rear CB Antenna Mount
4. Transfer Sirius Account
5. Dual Battery Set Up
6. Air Compressor Mount
7. Shower Exchanger Mount(through grill)
8. Skid Plates
9. Front Bumper/ Shrock
10. T-Max Winch
11.Rear Bumper and mount cans and hi-lift
12.Body Lift??
13.Tires
14.Rims??
15.Other Suspension?
16.Pinon Seal Leak/ Warranty Item(Dissapointed)
17.Spare CVs and Tie Rods
18.Trim rear Bumper ends/ modify.
Phase II (When Available)
1. Diff Gears
2. T/case Gears
3. Front Locker
4. Rear diff protector

A couple of questions I have. Anyone messed with the rear bumper ends yet? If I added 1-2" of body lift on top of the 5" Calimini do you think 305s might fit? Anyone wheeled the 5" lift yet? Hows travel? Looks like a compressor will fit nicely under the air box, and air tank and extra tire where the spare tire was? Any more troubles with the electronic 4x4 Gizmos? Any other advice from those who have more building and wheeling the Gen II under there belt?

#549458 - 24/08/06 12:14 AM Re: Time to start building
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've done a lot of your list. Some of your list I found un-doable as in not practical.
Best mod has to be the front Shrockworks bumper.
PM me for details on how to. MC

#549459 - 24/08/06 08:53 AM Re: Time to start building
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, some of the stuff I don't understand.

My Build List...Starting to order parts soon as my old trail rig is sold.
1. New Windshield

-Did you crack yours?

2. Channel 9 CB Fiasco

-Huh?

3. Rear CB Antenna Mount

-Not a big deal. Go the expensive route and get the Shrock rear bumper with antenna mount, or you can get the a mount that goes between the pillar and rear hatch.

4. Transfer Sirius Account

-Wouldn't really call that a mod. smile

5. Dual Battery Set Up

-There is no room under the hood, so the 2nd battery will have to go in the back some place.

6. Air Compressor Mount

-You won't be able to fit it "Under" the air box, but if you get a sealed compressor (ie. ViAir) you could mount it vertically using 'L' brackets right next to the air box. This is where I plan to mount mine. I also have a 150psi pancake tank that is going to mount where the spare use to be.

7. Shower Exchanger Mount(through grill)

-Huh?

8. Skid Plates

-Good idea... Shrock or Black Panther

9. Front Bumper/ Shrock

-Good idea

10. T-Max Winch

-Not a bad winch for the money.

11.Rear Bumper and mount cans and hi-lift

-I don't know if any of the current rear bumpers (Shrock or Calmini) have can mounts.

12.Body Lift??

-AC has the 3" lift currently. Last time I talked to them they didn't know if a 2" would be made.

13.Tires

-Good

14.Rims??

-So far there have only been two found that fit without spacers. They are both made by BM.

15.Other Suspension?

-You have some options depending on how much you want to spend.
--AC - Coils (front), Shackles or AAL (rear) (about 2.5-3" lift)
--Calmini - Spacers (front), Shackles or AAL (rear) (about 2.5" lift)
--Daystar - Spacers (front), Shackles (rear)
--Calmini - 5" lift (still only taking pre-orders). Rumor has the price around $1600
--SLR - 5" Lift (There is at least one X running around with this lift). Rumor on price is over $5000 with coil over shocks.
---TC/PRG - Total Chaos Upper Control arms w/ PRG Coilover shocks (front), Deaver spring pack (rear) (about 3" lift).

16.Pinon Seal Leak/ Warranty Item(Dissapointed)

-You are the 2nd person I heard with this problem. It seems to be a quick fix for the dealer.

17.Spare CVs and Tie Rods

-Not a bad idea. Good news, the front axle shafts (and CV joints) are the same on both sides so you only need one for a spare.

18.Trim rear Bumper ends/ modify.

-Why?

Phase II (When Available)
1. Diff Gears

-Would be nice.

2. T/case Gears

-Would be even nicer.

3. Front Locker

-Not as nice as new TC gears...but I would like.

4. Rear diff protector

-AC has a diff skid for the D44 out. Shrock is talking about releasing a new HD cover for the D44.

#549460 - 24/08/06 06:12 PM Re: Time to start building
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know, my list is also misc stuff. The windshield is cracked and the wife went to the CB shop and they installed one of those CBs that always resets to channel 9. I run a hot shower on my 4x4s, as most of my wheeling is 1 week+. Suspension lift will be the 5" Calimini. 3" body lift seems like way too much on top of that. I just cannot see anything less making me happy off-road.

I saw something about that front axle thing, and that is very cool. I carry 1 for each side for my Montero, but have never broken both. No choice when they are different. I will also Cryo treat them.

My rear bumper ends are already scraped up badly, and they just hang too low. Also need to extend some protection for those vulnerable, fat fenders I fear.

Diff cover would be preferable for clearence....Will check with him when I order the front bumper.

The air compressor I use is the 100% Duty Cycle, fan cooled, Extremeair. Its really below and next to the air box. Seems to be the only free space under that hood!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal