Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55556 - 03/08/06 07:25 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
By the way, how did those lights fit, nice and tight?

Are those Brembos?

And what rims are those?

Damnit! Now I wanna black my Fronty out. Nice sounding intake too.
Here is the link for the rims:
wheels

The lights fit great. Actually and are not as dark as they seem. You can actually see right through them, just some pictures turn out darker. And for night driving they are very bright. And they still flash a bright red. Very visible:

#55557 - 03/08/06 10:39 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XChosen:
I have a broken tail light so I'm considering something different. I found these on ebay. Anyone tried them. http://c gi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04...sspagenameZWDVW

#55558 - 03/08/06 10:39 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kal_El:
Quote:
[b]I have a broken tail light so I'm considering something different. I found these on ebay. Anyone tried them. http://c gi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-0...sspagenameZWDVW
[/b]
I like em!

#55559 - 03/08/06 11:08 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey.. It MAY not be the taste of many on this board...BUT you did a NICE job on it. Looks good! Remember..it is your X... enjoy it any way you want. cool

#55560 - 04/08/06 05:37 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have a great attitude, kudos for that! The close up pic of the tails looks better.

#55561 - 04/08/06 06:43 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

--OK--Damn few of you (if any) will remember this, could be in history books!!

--In 1956 in the Detroit world of CHROME/fins.dodads---

--Napa Ca. high school had it's share of that--

--One of the most popular guy's in the school, had a 1956 Cheverolet "Bel Air" model with the new Corvette Fuel injection 265 cu-in v8 and 3-spd manual--

--It was all black with black rims, black tires,No chrome---

--Black-out ain't new and still looks COOL--

[Spit] [Spit] --JIMBO

#55562 - 04/08/06 08:28 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bios:
Hey.. It MAY not be the taste of many on this board...BUT you did a NICE job on it. Looks good! Remember..it is your X... enjoy it any way you want. cool
Thanks! Yeah I actually love the offroad x, I think they are sweet. That is partly why I joined the board. I like my x, if i felt it was really as bad as some think I would never post it on here...too much pride, lol. But so many people have came up to me and just loved it. I like that. Probably when I get back to Colorado I will get the 4x4 in a couple of years, now I am just trying something a little different. smile

#55563 - 04/08/06 08:30 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by s4iscool:
You have a great attitude, kudos for that! The close up pic of the tails looks better.
I appreciate that! Yeah I figured the close up of the tails would let people see that they are not as inhibiting as they think.

#55564 - 04/08/06 08:56 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
It looks great. Great attitude too. The only thing I would suggest is to flip the spare so you can check the air pressure. Nothing worse than a flat spare.

#55565 - 04/08/06 09:35 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

You got a 5 trucker from me for being your own man and not giving a rat's ass what the rest of us think [ThumbsUp] And for modding your X for your needs, well done laugh

#55566 - 04/08/06 11:54 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
It looks great. Great attitude too. The only thing I would suggest is to flip the spare so you can check the air pressure. Nothing worse than a flat spare.
Thanks defibvt! I will check on that, yeah a flat spare would be a pain in the dick, lol.

#55567 - 04/08/06 12:05 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
You got a 5 trucker from me for being your own man and not giving a rat's ass what the rest of us think [ThumbsUp] And for modding your X for your needs, well done laugh
Hey Chef! It's the only way to be! I think many people are just so used to seeing the X as an offroad vehicle that when they saw mine it was instinct. Plus I have seen what some people have done "street" wise with their X and I wasn't impressed. Have to respect the effort or at least try to. I also see plenty of people that get all the cool offroad gear, but don't go offroad. Everyone on here seems legit and gives honest opinions, I respect that. Five trucks for being real!

#55568 - 04/08/06 01:20 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Looks good [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#55569 - 04/08/06 06:13 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you post a pic of how your exhaust was routed for the dual exit? I was planning to have the same thing done on my X.

#55570 - 04/08/06 09:33 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by redorange:
Can you post a pic of how your exhaust was routed for the dual exit? I was planning to have the same thing done on my X.
Here is what I got right now, when I get a chance I will get underneath so you can see exactly what they did, hope this helps:
(This may seem a bit funny, but I tried)

The red block is the MagnaFlow dual output muffler. The Green 1 is the right outlet which follows the same path (green 2) as the stock exhaust. The second outlet (blue 1) was the not hard at all actually. Kind of hard to visualize, but behind the spare there is plent of room right behind it that allows for the second pipe to travel behind and above it all and then exit on the far left (blue 2). The blue line basically shows the travel of the pipe. Hope this helped. If you got under your x and looked behind the spare you will know exactly what I am talking about.

#55571 - 05/08/06 06:47 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
Quote:
I have a broken tail light so I'm considering something different. I found these on ebay. Anyone tried them. http://c gi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04...sspagenameZWDVW
So does anyone think these things will work? I don't want to order them then find out they don't fit. Does anyone know about the manufacturer or have any information?

#55572 - 05/08/06 09:37 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I have a broken tail light so I'm considering something different. I found these on ebay. Anyone tried them. http://c gi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-0...sspagenameZWDVW
So does anyone think these things will work? I don't want to order them then find out they don't fit. Does anyone know about the manufacturer or have any information?[/b]
Found this:
DEPO

I don't see why they wouldn't. Those particular taillights would look great on a Super Black like you have because of the black housing. Just make sure that they are sealed well so there is no condensation inside the lights.

#55573 - 05/08/06 10:02 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I have a broken tail light so I'm considering something different. I found these on ebay. Anyone tried them. http://c gi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-...sspagenameZWDVW
So does anyone think these things will work? I don't want to order them then find out they don't fit. Does anyone know about the manufacturer or have any information?[/b]
Found this:
DEPO

I don't see why they wouldn't. Those particular taillights would look great on a Super Black like you have because of the black housing. Just make sure that they are sealed well so there is no condensation inside the lights.[/b]
These are the same lights, just all clear, your's would be with black housing, but they seem to be flush with the body.

#55574 - 05/08/06 03:04 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
but realistically with the Volant, TBS and exhaust proably a couple of horses here and there.
Well maybe the Volant and Exhaust.. but the TBS did nothing but lighten your wallet....

they are snake oil at best

#55575 - 05/08/06 03:07 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
XChosen Offline

Thanks for the info. I think I'll break down and order them. I'll post pics of before and after.

#55576 - 05/08/06 03:13 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
BTW... love the tail lights.. I have a black frontier and am going this route as well... although i am planning a lift... I am also planning to remove all the badging and blackout the head and tail lights and the chrome grill and bumper.

#55577 - 14/08/06 11:31 AM Re: Tinted Taillights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your X looks sweet man. Too much of one color is sometimes a bad thing, but you can never go wrong with black.

#55578 - 06/06/07 07:05 PM Re: Tinted Taillights
XChosen Offline

Installed the tailights this morning. 4 screws and it was all over. These tailights are well made and look good. Much better then the stock bland tailights.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal