2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#560296 - 13/01/07 05:53 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where did you find a charcoal 6700??? I have the T-Mo version of it...or close enough (the 6700 is actually made by HTC, just branded as a UT Starcom, as my MDA is branded "T-Mobile) and they do kick arse.
I would love to EVDO speeds, but Verizon screwed me and my wife 2 yeras ago so they will never get our business again, and Sprint wouldn't work with us recently. So off to T-mo I went with a smokin' deal from my company's T-mo rep laugh

#560297 - 21/01/07 11:14 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm all about a phone from apple. You talk about the geeks and hipsters that will be the first to buy this and I say I will be in that bunch for the sole purpose that I cannot find a good phone to sync with my macbook.

#560298 - 22/01/07 07:04 AM Re: iPhone
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by JMiles:
I'm all about a phone from apple. You talk about the geeks and hipsters that will be the first to buy this and I say I will be in that bunch for the sole purpose that I cannot find a good phone to sync with my macbook.
My PPC-6700 (Windows Mobile 5) syncs perfectly with my iBook using The Missing Sync . It also has much more functionality, is about $300 cheaper, and I'm saving about $50 a month by using Sprint instead of Cingular.

The iPhone will be the H2 of cell phones. All flash and style, with no guts behind it. Just something to impress the ladies and compensate for what's (not) in the shorts. [Finger]

#560299 - 22/01/07 10:16 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whatever guys I'm just a mac guy. Its in my blood. How can u say H2 its got osx which makes it better than any smartphone running windows which if I'm correct turns them automatically into smart yet completley unreliable phones.

#560300 - 22/01/07 10:35 AM Re: iPhone
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
The iPhone will be the H2 of cell phones. All flash and style, with no guts behind it. Just something to impress the ladies and compensate for what's (not) in the shorts.
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! laugh

#560301 - 22/01/07 11:00 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Whatever guys I'm just a mac guy. Its in my blood. How can u say H2 its got osx which makes it better than any smartphone running windows which if I'm correct turns them automatically into smart yet completley unreliable phones.
My winders mobile phone is stable as all hell.

How stripped down will OSX be to make it run on a phone?

#560302 - 22/01/07 12:35 PM Re: iPhone
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
As a fellow Mac guy, I understand where you're coming from. I was thrilled about the iPhone until I read the fine print.
  • Cingular sucks for data (speed and cost)
  • The iPhone doesn't support 3G data network access
  • The iPhone doesn't allow 3rd-party apps to be installed
  • The iPhone's version of "OS X" is not complate at all. It is lacking most of the GUI libraries. You will never be able to run normal apps on the iPhone
  • No built-in GPS

The user interface is unique and great, but if it costs 2-3x as much as a smart phone, and doesn't do much more than a standard flip phone, it just isn't worth it. Steve Jobs really screwed us over with this hunk 'o crap.
FWIW, my WindowsMobile smart phone is very stable.

#560303 - 23/01/07 07:59 AM Re: iPhone
Auditor_Kevin Offline

I noticed yesterday that the CNET review page for the iPhone has approx. 450 (mostly perfect) reviews already........for a product that doesn't release for another 5 months.

Wow. [Freak]

#560304 - 23/01/07 08:09 AM Re: iPhone
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Actually, it has a rating of 6.7:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Apple_iPhone/4505-6452_7-32180293.html

I will never listen to user ratings from there, only editors. Too bad Mr. Kim died. Do they have his replacement yet?

#560305 - 22/02/07 11:53 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55906.html

Lawsuit settled - They are both gonna use iPhone!

#560306 - 25/02/07 02:40 PM Re: iPhone
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
A detailed analysis of the Macworld keynote

Pretty good commentary. Speculating on a few things. I think the one icon he talks about in google maps looks like a knife and fork - probably to show restaurants or other points of interest, like he alludes to.

#560307 - 12/03/07 07:47 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am planning on purchasing the iphone when it comes out but I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer. I do not get Cingular service in my building at work and we do not have wi-fi there either. I am wondering if I can connect the iphone via its bluetooth to a bluetooth enabled LAN connected pc to surf the web on my iphone? Any thoughts?

#560308 - 13/03/07 07:32 AM Re: iPhone
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Chen:
I am planning on purchasing the iphone when it comes out but I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer. I do not get Cingular service in my building at work and we do not have wi-fi there either. I am wondering if I can connect the iphone via its bluetooth to a bluetooth enabled LAN connected pc to surf the web on my iphone? Any thoughts?
So basically, you want to surf the internet while you're on the crapper at work. laugh

#560309 - 13/03/07 09:20 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Chen:
So let me get this straight. You want to connect your tiny ass little screen (Ok - It's bigger than most other similar devices) to a full size computer and surf the net on the phone, rather than on the perfectly good computer sitting right next to it??? eek

#560310 - 13/03/07 10:17 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Am I that obvious? Unfortunately, my crapper is more than 30 feet away from my desktop. Ha.

#560311 - 15/03/07 10:35 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bueller? Bueller?

#560312 - 15/03/07 01:17 PM Re: iPhone
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Well, no one's going to know for sure until the phone comes out unless they work for Apple, and then they are not going to say.

My guess is that it won't work. I can't do that from my current bluetooth enabled phone. I can connect the phone to my Mac using bluetooth, and use it as my internet connection, but not the other way around. I can connected to my palm and use the Palm as the browser with solves your toilet problem. The phone expects to use it's data services when the browser is launched (or any other data application running on the phone, there's no way to tell it to try to get the data over the blue tooth connection).
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#560313 - 03/06/07 07:55 PM Re: iPhone
DocNo Offline

#560314 - 04/06/07 07:43 AM Re: iPhone
Auditor_Kevin Offline

I learned quite a bit about the latest batch of phones out there back a couple months ago when I upgraded to an XV6700.

Knowing what I know now - I gotta say the iPhone doesn't look nearly as cool as it did before.

My phone updates weather reports every 2 hours, including dozens of radar/doppler/cloudcover/precip maps that allow zoom in and map in motion.

I can also watch and control my home TV on the phone, including any On Demand or DVR'ed programs. Never miss a Cubs game again (although sometimes I wish I could)! The 2 gig card allows me to load 10 hours of movies onto the phone as well.

It's touchscreen, allows third party applications and can open/create/improve MS office attachments. Wifi enabled, Google maps has a cool as hell app for it, and last but not least - I can even run some sweet as hell planetarium software on it that can actually control my telescope wirelessly, track about 2,000 satellites, asteriods and comets in real time and so much more.

Oh - it has a full QWERTY slideout keyboard and it's 1/3rd the cost of the iPhone.

I have to imagine the iPhone will have a cool looking interface, gorgeous screen and a great MP3 player, but beyond that, not impressed. Even texting will be a pain in the ass with no keys to feel.

Beyond iPod fashionistas, Mac cultists and the drastically insecure, I really don't see who would want one.

That doesn't mean it won't sell though. Between iPod fashionistas and the drastically insecure (one could argue that they are one in the same) - we're dealing with a market of millions.

#560315 - 04/06/07 08:57 AM Re: iPhone
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
$499 or $599 for a damn cell phone!!!!!

Wow!!!!! Either some people have far too much money (please PM me and I will help with some of that money smile ) or they dont abuse phones the way I do!!!!

I buy the cheapest phone that makes calls and im happy with that.

Hell the only reason I have a cell is because it is stupid to have a home phone and a cell.

I currently have Sprint (which sucks donkey balls) and my wife has Alltel. We will be switching to them as their rate plans for the 10 unlimited people will work for us and for her damn addiction to texting!!!!!! mad

The iPhone is pretty cool but that is far too much money for something that sits in my pocket for my puppy Boxer to vault herself onto when I come home.

I guess I need to get with the times.....oh well.

Whenever someone gets one let us know what you think...curiosity is a bad thing!!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#560316 - 08/06/07 05:49 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
I learned quite a bit about the latest batch of phones out there back a couple months ago when I upgraded to an XV6700.

Knowing what I know now - I gotta say the iPhone doesn't look nearly as cool as it did before.

My phone updates weather reports every 2 hours, including dozens of radar/doppler/cloudcover/precip maps that allow zoom in and map in motion.

I can also watch and control my home TV on the phone, including any On Demand or DVR'ed programs. Never miss a Cubs game again (although sometimes I wish I could)! The 2 gig card allows me to load 10 hours of movies onto the phone as well.

It's touchscreen, allows third party applications and can open/create/improve MS office attachments. Wifi enabled, Google maps has a cool as hell app for it, and last but not least - I can even run some sweet as hell planetarium software on it that can actually control my telescope wirelessly, track about 2,000 satellites, asteriods and comets in real time and so much more.

Oh - it has a full QWERTY slideout keyboard and it's 1/3rd the cost of the iPhone.

I have to imagine the iPhone will have a cool looking interface, gorgeous screen and a great MP3 player, but beyond that, not impressed. Even texting will be a pain in the ass with no keys to feel.

Beyond iPod fashionistas, Mac cultists and the drastically insecure, I really don't see who would want one.

That doesn't mean it won't sell though. Between iPod fashionistas and the drastically insecure (one could argue that they are one in the same) - we're dealing with a market of millions.
I also have the same phone, and agree with everything you are saying... there really not that many more things the iphone can due than anyother smartphone.... plus the battery life on these phones (including the xv6700) are terrible if you intended to surf the web, or are constantly using it for email...

#560317 - 08/06/07 07:09 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

I may end up getting one. Simply because I use my cell phone for two things; phone, and music player. I don't care about any other features, necessarily. I would expect the iphone to be a very good music player, so it's a possibility for my next phone.

But it'll be a long, long while, because AT&T has the sole source for it for 2 years. And I will NOT go back to BellSouth, or any fucking company that has anything to do with BellSouth, Cingular, or any of that other crap... In fact, when Cingular bought out AT&T Wireless, I switch from AT&T to verizon; cancelled my service the same month their merger got approved... I won't have anything to do with that company, or anyone that buys them (again) in the future.

#560318 - 08/06/07 07:18 PM Re: iPhone
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
AT&T is definitely not Cingular. AT&T's customer service is one of the best I have seen from a company that size. It's ironic too because Cingular was one of the worst, if not the worst. And as much as I love AT&T, I will definitely not be throwing away cash on this phone. I pretty much agree with what Kevin said. However, I'm sure they'll meet their quota off the Mac drones though.

#560319 - 08/06/07 08:20 PM Re: iPhone
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
However, I'm sure they'll meet their quota off the Mac drones though.
Ah, here we go again with the name calling from the other side. Of course the major arguement from that side is - 90% of the world runs windows, so it should be good enough for you!. Which one's are the drones again - the lemmings who follow along with the rest of the pack, or the individuals who are overly proud of their independence from the MS brainwashing?

That said $600 for a phone is to much, I won't be running out to get one, and will probably end up getting a Windows Mobile Device instead until the iPhone comes down to reasonable prices, and gets on a decent network.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#560320 - 09/06/07 08:44 AM Re: iPhone
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
I may end up getting one. Simply because I use my cell phone for two things; phone, and music player.
Yup! And with Apple's fanatical attention to detail, hopefully they will get it right. I love visual voicemail. I hate normal voicemail systems, and I can't believe it took someone until 2007 to come up with the idea to use the screen to navigate voicemail!

Another stroke of Apple genius - turn off the @%#$ touch screen when the phone is pressed up to the side of your head while being used as a - gasp - phone! I'm stuck on the side of the road after being rear-ended last friday, trying to call my insurance company. I dial the phone, put it up to my ear - and nothing. I wait a second, still nothing. Pull the phone down (Treo 700w WM5 smartphone) and I have the Windows Mobile spinning beach ball of death. Great. I wait, and I wait - I have no idea what got clicked on the @%#$ touchscreen when I put the phone to my head, but now it's off in la-la land... I had to pull the battery to get my damn phone back!

No wonder all the current smartphone users are freaking out that the battery isn't removable in the iPhone - they have been conditioned to see it as a critical feature for the use of their phone [Too much XOC]

I'm not getting one right away - the first iPod was a dud as far as I was concerned. But if they are released for a while and don't seem to have any critical flaws, I can't wait to dump my current piece of shit and get something that is hopefully faster and more reliable.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal