Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#568182 - 16/08/04 06:29 PM Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

Loc: Highlands, NJ
Destination Xterra was at ECXC and we had a blast. So much fun. If you have never been, go next year. We got some great footage, so check it out.

Destination Xterra

Look for the GoneMoab video too.
Hope to see some of you next year. Enjoy smile

#568183 - 16/08/04 07:16 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Lame attempt at website promotion. Read the forum rules first.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#568184 - 16/08/04 07:18 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it me, or do I sence a weeee bit of tension?

#568185 - 16/08/04 07:20 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
jorge Offline

Coincidence?

Not to mention he also posted this on our board that he only visits when he's in need of help.

www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#568186 - 16/08/04 07:25 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jared, lets hear your rebuttal. This is the first I have seen this, Im sorry I just dont have the time to search for "stuff" like this.

#568187 - 17/08/04 12:52 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

Hey I dont know. Why reinvent the wheel? Sorry I am trying to plan something fun here.

#568188 - 17/08/04 06:07 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I will check out the video when I get home, don't have quicktime on my handheld, only wmp.

#568189 - 17/08/04 06:17 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
His link over at the NJAX forums leads you to www.hotboy.com

WTF is that all about confused

#568190 - 17/08/04 06:33 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

Jorge changed it cause he doesn't like me. The actual link is http://www.destinationxterra.com/index.html

Although I have to admit that is kind of funny. laugh

#568191 - 17/08/04 01:32 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

Let me address this once and for all. It is very clear that Jorge has a problem with Destination Xterra and me personally. Why you may ask? Jorge and I used to work on this project together until a point came where we went our seperate ways. I have since moved on and so should Jorge. Get over it. I don't know why he continues to make cheap shots at DX? I am only trying to plan something that will be fun. It's a road trip around the country that I am going to video tape and put on a website. That is it in a nutshell.

If you think it is lame, don't go to it. If you have a problem with me personally, please be a man and speak to me directly. This has gone on long enough. I appologize for having to bring this out on the message board. Hope to see some of you on our trip.

#568192 - 17/08/04 02:36 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
jorge Offline

The hotboy.com thing was a joke obviously. I havne't taken any cheap shots, I just pointed out that you stole the design for your logo.

You also cross posted.

www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------

#568193 - 18/08/04 08:21 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Jared,

Whatever kinda’ thing you got going on w/ Jorge is between you guys. Hope you can work it out.

I do have to say that I enjoyed watching your video. Your editing is first rate. Good stuff. Hope to see you and your rig at future events!

#568194 - 19/08/04 01:42 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

Thanks [Wave]

#568195 - 21/08/04 12:52 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Been trying to view I keep getting error messages when trying download them. Can't do quicktime at work.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#568196 - 23/08/04 09:27 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Swiping the logo was a shitty thing to do.

Other than that, DX sounds like a great idea to me. Loved the video [ThumbsUp]

#568197 - 26/08/04 07:48 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

I say kudos to Jared for making a video of the Xterra doing something other than rolling and getting totalled.

#568198 - 28/08/04 12:42 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
I say kudos to Jared for making a video of the Xterra doing something other than rolling and getting totalled.
Well that was a shitty and uncalled for remark.

#568199 - 28/08/04 01:25 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Quote:
Why dont you go fuck yourself asshole. A quarrel between people is one thing, but commenting on an issue that almost involved a persons well-being is another thing. I do not agree with Jorge's actions in this deal whatsoever and I greatly wish that things can be patched up between the two of them. For your information Jorge is the president of our club, he has done our website, made stickers t-shirts for the club, organized runs, dinners and other events. So before you make your dumb ass remarks you should know what the hell you are talking about.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#568200 - 28/08/04 01:43 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
RMIN1 Offline

Loc: East Rutherford, NJ, USA
Quote:
Has anyone seen the footage of me beating Shahram senseless yet?

#568201 - 30/08/04 12:26 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
[QUOTE]Why dont you go fuck yourself asshole. A quarrel between people is one thing, but commenting on an issue that almost involved a persons well-being is another thing. I do not agree with Jorge's actions in this deal whatsoever and I greatly wish that things can be patched up between the two of them. For your information Jorge is the president of our club, he has done our website, made stickers t-shirts for the club, organized runs, dinners and other events. So before you make your dumb ass remarks you should know what the hell you are talking about.
I don't care if he's Mother Fucking Theresa. I saw the opportunity to take a jab at someone who was so obviously above reproach that he stuck his neck out to throw darts at someone else, I figured why not take a chop? I thought the video seemed like it had some potential to be fun and well put together,at least I can appreciate it when someone tries to actually DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT, and the most vocal nay-saying shit-talker on the subject happens to be the guy who everyone knows about because he rolled and totalled his Xterra.
"..almost involved a person's well-being"?!?! He didn't lose his legs dumbass, he totalled his truck, and I bet tons of people saw that, pointed, laughed and yelled "OH SNAP!!!" If pointing and laughing at someone elses misfortune is a crime, then...Of course the comedy would have been a touch less had there been injuries, I'm not a complete asshole. All right, an asshole I may be, but I got heart.
I don't care if it is between them, jorge aired that shit here and by default left himself open to the hyenas. If he ain't man enough to take it, then he should fucking keep it in his pants. Obviously he is man enough, and I hope some part of him can look back on that shit and laugh, or at least take a joke when someone jabs him when he's flappin' his gums. If not, then he's got more problems than his Rubicon will have in three years. Let jorge do his own talking, you sensitive bitches.

And Rmin1, keep hope alive. If anyone DID have footage of me getting the beat-down, I'd laugh just as hard as the next guy when I saw it. 'Cause I've got a sense of humor (especially about myself), it comes with a set of testicles.

PS--I still can't believe I wrote this much about some Garbage State locals and didn't bring up pigeons, Aqua Net hair spray, IROC's or Bon Jovi!

#568202 - 30/08/04 11:35 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Yeah nice reply. When somebody in your club rolls or is involved in an incident where their safty is compromised, you are just gonna sit there and laugh at them? I'd really want you following or spotting me on the trail and I'm sure other people in your club would want you around after a rediculous remark like that. And for your information, due to the angle of his truck while stopping his seatbelf locked, so he was unable to apply it before rolling, you can even see his whole arm come out of the Xterra. So why don't you go back and refresh your smartass self about what happened before you drag this somewhere where it doesn't need to belong. Hindsight is 20/20.

You are surely a great person that anyone would want in their club, a real outstanding indivdual that makes many proud to come to this forum anymore. The big trash talking man on his computer in California because what are the Jersey guy's gonna do about it ha ha, let me egg them on, I'm behind my computer. I really hope you are by no means a representation of your club at all. People should come here to strengthen this community, however you are clearly a worthless member of this community.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#568203 - 30/08/04 12:47 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
Yeah nice reply.
Hey, I thought so too. Funny how you didn't actually respond to anything I said, but changed the subject entirely, trying to arise some derision from my own club. And people say Fox News ain't teachin' folks nothin'!

Ain't it funny how the truth always strikes a nerve? Grow a sack and some thicker skin. Maybe while you're at it, look into a sense of humor.

Look, I just thought it was funny that a guy whose most prominent video is one of him rolling is the same guy who's bagging on another guy for doing a video that might end up having some merit. I took that little piece of irony and wrapped it, quite succinctly I might add, into a one sentence package. Judging by the reaction I've gotten from this gallery, it was perhaps more poignant than I had imagined when I wrote it.

As far as me being a trash-talker hiding behind my computer, you are only half-right. I am a bit of a trash-talker, I can't help it. The voices tell me what to say. I enjoy a good joke now and again, and yes, often at others' expense. But I'm honest about it, I don't claim any moral high ground, and I can take it twice as good as I can dish it out. As far as me hiding behind my computer, WRONG! Shahram is my actual name, not some nick-name or handle I use for anonymity. People know me by name, know who I am, and if they spend any amount of time on here, they know what I write. We're all sitting behind computers, dano--every one of us.

Again, if you've got anything to say about what I've written, then do it. But don't bother bringing up what people think of me in this, if I gave a flying fuck about what the next guy thought of me, I wouldn't be this happy-fucking-go-lucky.

#568204 - 30/08/04 02:12 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
As far as me being a trash-talker hiding behind my computer, you are only half-right. I am a bit of a trash-talker, I can't help it. The voices tell me what to say. I enjoy a good joke now and again, and yes, often at others' expense. But I'm honest about it, I don't claim any moral high ground, and I can take it twice as good as I can dish it out. As far as me hiding behind my computer, WRONG! Shahram is my actual name, not some nick-name or handle I use for anonymity. People know me by name, know who I am, and if they spend any amount of time on here, they know what I write. We're all sitting behind computers, dano--every one of us.

Again, if you've got anything to say about what I've written, then do it. But don't bother bringing up what people think of me in this, if I gave a flying fuck about what the next guy thought of me, I wouldn't be this happy-fucking-go-lucky.
laugh I enjoy reading your replies, they are well written.. But I do have one little nit pick. I am not trying to bash anyone or anything, but I was just wondering about your profile..

"Safety, Anonymity, Just another freak in the freak kingdom"

That kinda contradicts what you just said smile Just figured I would point that out.

I think people are way too sensitive on here honestly, but it makes for a good time passer while at work. [Laughing]

#568205 - 30/08/04 03:18 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
[QUOTE] laugh I enjoy reading your replies, they are well written.. But I do have one little nit pick. I am not trying to bash anyone or anything, but I was just wondering about your profile..

"Safety, Anonymity, Just another freak in the freak kingdom"

That kinda contradicts what you just said smile Just figured I would point that out.

I think people are way too sensitive on here honestly, but it makes for a good time passer while at work. [Laughing]
It would appear to do so, yes, but it's just a quote from a book I like, in which the Protagonist must flee Las Vegas to escape his ultimate demise...

"There was only one road back to L.A.--US Interstate 15, a flat-out high speed burn through Baker and Barstow and Berdoo, then on to the Hollywood Freeway straight into frantic oblivion: safety, obscurity, just another Freak in the Freak Kingdom."

I added the "anonymity" part because, well, it's the internet.

I've always loved that quote. I think it sums up the appeal of my native city.

Thanks for the remark about being "well written". That's the nicest thing someone has said to me in a long time. If I either make someone chuckle or fume, I feel my time here on Earth will not have been wasted.

And you're right, people are a bit to sensitive, here, there, everywhere. Like I often say about my own bachelor party, Sometimes you're the guy laughing at the guy getting his balls whipped by the crackhead stripper, and sometimes you're the guy getting his balls whipped by the crackhead stripper. You gotta be able to laugh at them both.

#568206 - 30/08/04 04:15 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And you're right, people are a bit to sensitive, here, there, everywhere. Like I often say about my own bachelor party, Sometimes you're the guy laughing at the guy getting his balls whipped by the crackhead stripper, and sometimes you're the guy getting his balls whipped by the crackhead stripper. You gotta be able to laugh at them both.
OMFG! [LOL] [Laughing] [Spit]

#568207 - 30/08/04 05:01 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
off2cjb Offline

Jared, I like your vids. I like your pics. I like the ideas you have come up with. All these other people are really jealous. As far as the Jorge thing goes with you, that is all you and him. We have no business knowing about any personal business.

Shahram, you are a proven tool over and over again.

Jorge, let it go man. There are more important things in life.

#568208 - 30/08/04 05:37 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Shahram, you are a proven tool over and over again.
Is this based on some sort of empirical evidence leading to fact or did the Baby Jesus tell you?

Face it, sweetheart. You love me. C'mon, tell me you love me. If you were a good Christian, you'd tell me you love me. Don't let Satan claw at your soul. Accept me into your heart.

PS--Jared, took another look at the vid. Good stuff. Dig the "driver perspective" shots. Can't wait to see more.

#568209 - 01/09/04 10:26 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to say, the video and the pics are good, but for me stealing a logo is a really really cheap thing to do. Especially when people make a living designing logos and you just rip them off. I don't think that design work and inventing the wheel are a close comparison. DX is a great idea but if your self promotion includes ripping someone off that made the logo I don't trust that you are doing this for just general Xterra expose.

#568210 - 01/09/04 12:18 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by schteve:
I have to say, the video and the pics are good, but for me stealing a logo is a really really cheap thing to do. Especially when people make a living designing logos and you just rip them off. I don't think that design work and inventing the wheel are a close comparison. DX is a great idea but if your self promotion includes ripping someone off that made the logo I don't trust that you are doing this for just general Xterra expose.
[ThumbsUp]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#568211 - 01/09/04 01:05 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Is this based on some sort of empirical evidence leading to fact or did the Baby Jesus tell you?
Oh god, thats good shit. [Laughing] [LOL]

#568212 - 01/09/04 10:20 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
off2cjb Offline

Geez Shahram, you're out there, aren't you?

Yes, I love you.

#568213 - 01/09/04 11:10 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back of beyond, baby...back of beyond.

Love you too, man.

Wow. I feel a lot better now. Maybe there's something to it after all...

#568214 - 02/09/04 12:37 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet video! Top notch!

#568215 - 02/09/04 03:05 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Excellent video.

Are you gonna make it to Disney with HXOC?

#568216 - 02/09/04 09:43 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

Disney?? Yeah totally have that on the scope as one of the stops.. right along with a stop at the Nissan factory in Gardena if it works out. From there would be driving up the coast into Canada.

#568217 - 03/09/04 11:59 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Paul H Offline

You know that is this month right?

#568218 - 05/09/04 07:01 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Ramness Offline

I still haven't recived a response to an email I sent as to why DX is bypassing the whole Southeast region...

#568219 - 05/09/04 10:39 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

Hey Paul.. sorry if you never heard from me.. could have sworm I send you an email about it.. But anyway.. it isnt that we are not going to the South. This is just an outline.. based on where the most people and trails seem to be. It is flexible though.. so if there are a lot of people interested in your area.. we could change the route no problem laugh

Sorry about you not hearing from me. I will try to be more on top of it.

#568220 - 05/09/04 10:47 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Paul H Offline

huh I am not the one that made the post of not going to the SE. Was just making sure you knew disney was this month for HXOC

#568221 - 06/09/04 06:25 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uhh, whatcha' doin here in AZ? Are you staying up North (see the Grand Canyon, wheel Sedona) or do you have intentions of heading down towards PHX (Table Mesa Rd, the coves at Saguaro)? I see you colored in our great state also..There's a lot to wheel here...

#568222 - 07/09/04 04:31 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Jared Morgan Offline

not exactly sure on the route.. specifically.. i tried to put it all together and it keeps changing.. so as time goes on and we have a better idea where those who are participating are located.. then we will be able to narrow it down to towns and locations. If you know a cool place to wheel or visit.. drop an email to us ad we can add it to the list. cool

#568223 - 10/09/04 08:14 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Ramness Offline

When is this trip exactly? You may be able to tie it into the 2005 Xterra plant tour in TN. Coal creek is some good offroading just a couple hours away.

#568224 - 10/09/04 09:32 PM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Ramness Offline

Damn! Those videos were sweet! Best I have seen on here yet! Hoep y'all find your way down to the south!

#568225 - 16/09/04 09:51 AM Re: Destination Xterra covers ECXC and GoneMoab
Ramness Offline

hmm sites down thats not good