Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#569863 - 05/11/02 04:58 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
[b] Who's a moron?
Seeing as it is election day... I vote for you.
:p

I don't see the point to this debate. Common sense should be used when driving.

Where is that "if you win an internet argument" image.. We need it here.. STAT!![/b]
I agree Carlton, someone will post that for sure. smile

Although I think my counter part is an idiot I appreciate his enthusiasm. I think I'm right, you think you are. Fine, we disagree. I have enjoyed this little debate; it kept me entertained while at work.

I’m at home now and have better things to do than to argue with you. So good day dip shit and if it makes you feel better, you win. Your parents will be proud.
[Laughing] [Freak]

#569864 - 05/11/02 05:31 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
I've provided multiple examples of my point.
You sure have. You've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you should come to a complete stop, check both ways, and then proceed to make your turn... when coming to a stop sign. Unfortunately your examples mean nothing when it comes to traffic lights.

#569865 - 05/11/02 08:03 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
The Cavelier blasted right through a red light. End of story.

As for the truck, unless I was there I can't tell who's really at fault. Regardless you were able to avoid it, so no harm no foul there either. Although, perhaps a tad fast for a (no pun intended) semi-blind curve.

Idiots are everywhere...I swear half the drivers here in CA are freekin' clueless.

#569866 - 05/11/02 09:09 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
This has been an incredible thread... lots of rambling... some good editting material for me and perhaps someday we may all just get along. laugh :p

Short of me locking this thread, personal insults/threats are not tolerated... comments are fine, but man this horse has been beat, slaughtered and shredded many times over. Is there no other good video to critique... anyone?

#569867 - 17/11/02 10:23 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
DMMcG Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
Actually in GA As long as you are across and out of the intersection by the time it is red you are fine. In working at a police department for many years I have never seen a ticket issued for running a yellow light... or entering on a late yellow... What kind of crazy laws do y'all have out there in CA?
Sounds like CA has laws similar to BC. If you're approaching an intersection and the light turns amber, you're obligated to stop, IF you can safely do so. This allows left-turning traffic to clear the intersection.

In the video it looks to me like it's a situation where you could safely bring the vehicle to a stop - but it's sometimes hard to compare video to reality.

#569868 - 17/11/02 10:29 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
DMMcG Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
This has been an incredible thread... lots of rambling... some good editting material for me and perhaps someday we may all just get along. laugh :p

Short of me locking this thread, personal insults/threats are not tolerated... comments are fine, but man this horse has been beat, slaughtered and shredded many times over. Is there no other good video to critique... anyone?
Sorry for my late post. I was interrupted by the phone and didn't get round to sending it off for a bit....surprised to see the # of posts in front of it......

OK - here's another video for you all to critique...and I could have made $500 from this little snippet:

http://videoserver.hot4x4.ca/Jens/Tutu.mpg

laugh laugh laugh (Jens, I haven't posted this anywhere else but here amongst "friends"....I promise laugh )

#569869 - 29/11/02 12:36 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
i8a4re Offline

Loc: Winnipeg/Calgary Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
For those that are not familiar, I do have a camera mounted to the right of my rear view mirror hooked up to a VCR in the back that I start recording whenever I start the truck.
I did a search but found nothing. Just wondering if you have any pics of your setup. I'm ordering a few xcams and just wanted to see how concealed you have your cam. I'll be putting a cam (hopefully) somewhere around the front dash, and somewhere around the rear hatch connected to a laptop in the cargo area. I just can't figure out where to put the cams so that they're well concealed. I guess it might help if I actually had the cams in my posession.

Homer: What kind of mileage does this thing get?
McBain: One Highway, Zero City

#569870 - 29/11/02 02:33 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
Randerson Offline

Loc: Hayesville, NC
Is this the image you are referring to?

Quote:
Seeing as it is election day... I vote for you.
:p

I don't see the point to this debate. Common sense should be used when driving.

Where is that "if you win an internet argument" image.. We need it here.. STAT!![/qb]

#569871 - 02/12/02 07:07 PM Re: It was almost my turn to join the Crash Club… (Video)
MichaelShaw Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
for what its worth, in TX you can pull past the stop line, in a turn lane with no protected left (green arrow) and wait for the traffic to clear to make your left turn. It is a legal way to run a red light, more or less. the delay between your yellow changing to red and the cross traffic's red turning green is 2 or 3 seconds, plenty of time for you to either a) finish your turn and be out of the way, or b) at least show your intent to turn to the cross traffic, who must yield to you, as this is considered a legal turn. this was taught to me in driver's ed years ago, and from what I see around here in Dallas it still applies. You are however running the risk that some idiot will run the red and t-bone you, but you run that risk on a protected left too. some places around town here it really is the only way youll get left unless you wait up to and including 4 cycles for the next protected left. I have never seen anyone even come remotely close to getting hit doing this. maybe the delay isnt as long other places due to the law being different, but here i would say it is a fairly safe maneuver.

my .02
michael

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal