Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#570625 - 23/08/06 02:52 PM Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Driving home from work yesterday, I saw this lot that was being leveled to make way for a new building, and I thought that it might make a good place to do a few donuts...

I got stuck.

It was really, really slippery mud, all the way past the centercaps on the wheels. No way I could think of to get it out on my own. I tried putting handfuls of gravel behind the tire and backing out, but that didn't work.

I walked up to the Waffle House to make a phone call and saw a guy with a Toyota 4X4. I asked him if he'd pull me out, that I had tow straps and was willing to pay, and you know what he told me?

"I don't pull things with my truck."

Jackass. You've got a 4X4...

I ended up getting lucky when a college guy driving a Jeep drove by and offered to help. He got me out sith no problems and I gave him $30.

My question is this:
Had that nice fella not come along, what could I have done to get myself out, just using what's around me?

#570626 - 23/08/06 02:57 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

nice 1st post. btw its a 4x2 not a 2x4

welcome to xoc, stick around for a while. [Wave]

#570627 - 23/08/06 03:02 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

jack up the truck and fill in the holes, would have been the first option if you are alone. It does help to have a high lift and a shovel along with sliders to pick up the truck with.

#570628 - 23/08/06 03:03 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, got that fixed on my profile. I knew that too - so I feel like an ass...

Was your picture sarcasm or suggesting I use a 2x4 to get me out?

#570629 - 23/08/06 03:09 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Phillip:
Okay, got that fixed on my profile. I knew that too - so I feel like an ass...

Was your picture sarcasm or suggesting I use a 2x4 to get me out?
its a picture of a 2x4, twas a joke, take it as such.

#570630 - 23/08/06 03:10 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, he's showing you what a 2x4 is....giving you a hard time. That's what people on this site do to novices.

do you have a hitch? Those make reasonable jacking points for a hi-lift jack. Get those wheels up and get stuff under them....gravel filling the hole works...boards, logs...whatever....anything you can get traction on.

#570631 - 23/08/06 03:14 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by granitex:
jack up the truck and fill in the holes, would have been the first option if you are alone. It does help to have a high lift and a shovel along with sliders to pick up the truck with.
Thanks for the advice, granitex. Good things to have ...

You too Desert_Rat smile

[Uh Oh !]

#570632 - 23/08/06 04:01 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Quote:
Driving home from work yesterday, I saw this lot that was being leveled to make way for a new building, and I thought that it might make a good place to do a few donuts...

I got stuck.
How about just keeping off of other people's property and not rutting up and making a mess of a place you don't have permission to be at. I always hated jackasses like you that rutted up my job sites.

Edit: Welcome to the club! [Wave]

#570633 - 23/08/06 05:01 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
You could use a ton of things.

tree branches
rocks
wood
floor mats
spare tire and so on..

Yes I've seen the floor mats work.A buddy of mine used his one time in the snow.Now I can't imagine that wouldn't work in mud.He put the mats in front of the rear wheels,giving him enuff room to get unstuck.

I've also seen in person the use of a spare tire.we used that in the snow one time as well.We jacked up the rear of the truck and stuffed the tire under rear wheel and go him up and outta the snow with enuff room to get him going.

You should get yourself a Hi-Lift and keep it in the back of your X.It'll also act as a winch and possibly get you out or unstuck..

#570634 - 23/08/06 06:20 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RI Xterra:
You could use a ton of things.

tree branches
rocks
wood
floor mats
spare tire and so on..

Yes I've seen the floor mats work.A buddy of mine used his one time in the snow.Now I can't imagine that wouldn't work in mud.He put the mats in front of the rear wheels,giving him enuff room to get unstuck.

I've also seen in person the use of a spare tire.we used that in the snow one time as well.We jacked up the rear of the truck and stuffed the tire under rear wheel and go him up and outta the snow with enuff room to get him going.

You should get yourself a Hi-Lift and keep it in the back of your X.It'll also act as a winch and possibly get you out or unstuck..
Good ideas, thanks!

#570635 - 23/08/06 06:23 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightning:
How about just keeping off of other people's property and not rutting up and making a mess of a place you don't have permission to be at. I always hated jackasses like you that rutted up my job sites.

Edit: Welcome to the club! [Wave]
Yeah, you're right - I had thought about it afterwards. The only saving grace is that this site has been just sitting there with no construction for months now. I know that's not an excuse, but it's not like someone's going to be there tomorrow and have to deal with the ruts..

#570636 - 23/08/06 08:48 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
"I don't pull things with my truck."

Jackass. You've got a 4X4...
Which he probably uses to do legitimate, legal offroading, rather than waste time, fuel, and possible damage, recovering a turkey in a 4x2 doing some "donuts" on someone else's land.

Jackass.

laugh Welcome to XOC.

#570637 - 24/08/06 09:45 AM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Yes I've seen the floor mats work.A buddy of mine used his one time in the snow.
Yep, I've used floormats myself (rubber) when I was stuck in very deep snow myself last year. It was in a big drift in a gravel lot, so the tires went down to the gravel and dug themselves in even more.

If it wasn't for the mats...

#570638 - 24/08/06 03:18 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
RI Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Quote:
[b]
Yes I've seen the floor mats work.A buddy of mine used his one time in the snow.
Yep, I've used floormats myself (rubber) when I was stuck in very deep snow myself last year. It was in a big drift in a gravel lot, so the tires went down to the gravel and dug themselves in even more.

If it wasn't for the mats...[/b]
Yeah the key thing is, to make sure if it works that your far enough ahead of the risks of getting stuck again..Then go back and get your mats.. wink

#570639 - 24/08/06 09:36 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I ended up getting lucky
hey now! we're not that kind of forum!

wink

#570640 - 24/08/06 10:19 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

ditto on the hi lift. get you a length on chain and with your strap, you got yerself a winch. i went to lowes and bought a 20' chain jus for that reason. ive done a little construction wheeling back in the day. but now that im working in the land development industry, i know better then to mess with that kinda stuff.

im also drunk [drink] [drink] so welcome to XOC noob [Finger]

#570641 - 25/08/06 03:57 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Which he probably uses to do legitimate, [b]legal offroading...[/b]
I said I had thought about it afterwards and I'm not going to do that again. What the f*** else do you expect me to do?

And no, he probably didn't.

Quote:
...rather than waste time, fuel, and possible damage
I offered to pay him, and the time it took the jeep to pull me out (from the time he stopped to the time he was back out on the pavement) was right around 5 minutes. That's $360 an hour. I already had my tow straps out and was quick to get it hooked up. He never left his truck. I would help a brother out in a time of need. I would like to think that you'd do the same, but I guess you wouldn't. And you call me a jackass. Jackass.

Quote:
...recovering a turkey in a 4x2...
Oh, I just couldn't help acting on my overwhelming jealousy and envy of you and your monster truck...

eek

Besides everyone deserves a little slack on their first offense, right?

Quote:
...doing some "donuts" on someone else's land...
See, lemme splain what this area looked like: huge friggin' lake of deep ass water in the middle of a packed dirt lane along its perimeter. There's about a 10'-15' area in between the lake and the packed dirt that's muddy. What I was doing was basically laps around this lake. I cut the curve too sharp and slid into the mud. Whoever's got to clean up my mess has a lot more to worry about than my 10-foot strip of ruts.

Ain't no excuse, but geez:

Quote:
...Jackass.

[Big Grin] Welcome to XOC. ...
F you, F you very much. You're so effin' helpful, I added you to my buddy list. Buddy.

#570642 - 25/08/06 04:18 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Spit] [Spit] [Spit]

you tell'em [ThumbsUp]

[Laughing]

#570643 - 25/08/06 04:55 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
RI Xterra Offline

[LOL] That was pretty funny. [LOL]

But seriously man you gotta just learn to ignore some people on this site.. wink

#570644 - 25/08/06 06:11 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Use these steps...

1. Call a tow truck company.
2. Have it towed to the nearest Nissan Dealer.
3. Ask Nissan why the hell they make silly 2wd SUVs.
4. Trade in on a 06 off-road.
5. Return to mud hole and exact revenge.
6. Leave mud on brand new truck for atleast a week as a badge of honor and to remind yourself why you dont by a 2wd truck. [Finger]

#570645 - 27/08/06 09:50 AM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Swartz:
Use these steps...

6. Leave mud on brand new truck for atleast a week as a badge of honor and to remind yourself why you dont by a 2wd truck. [Finger]
Hehe, if I had that much money to drop on a truck I sure as hell would... I might end up trading it in for a 4wd, but I've got to keep this one for a little while so my wife doesn't leave me smile

#570646 - 27/08/06 09:04 PM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Use these steps...

Jumping on that ol' "2WD X's are crap!" bandwagon there Lloyd? Hoser.

I like the 2WD guys. Some of them sumbitches can go pretty far. And most got big balls to attempt where I go anyway!

#570647 - 28/08/06 08:32 AM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QB]Use these steps...

Ya know, jackass, they do make the OR in a 2wd model too [Finger]

#570648 - 28/08/06 08:53 AM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have more respect for someone who buys a 2WD because he/she doesn't intend on doing any serious offroading than some poser/wannabe that turns their 4X4 into truckzilla just to make up for having a small dick.

The oft-maligned 2WD OR model? Yeah, I think that's for the afformentioned poser that wants to save a grand or so.... wink

Hey, you RMXC guys, how do you feel about out-of-staters joining your runs? I'd like to make a trip out to CO sometime. Do any of your runs pass through good fishing locales?? smile

#570649 - 28/08/06 10:39 AM Re: Uh, I got stuck
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/QUOTE]Ya know, jackass, they do make the OR in a 2wd model too [Finger] [/QB][/QUOTE]

That is one I cannot even begin to figure out, just not smart enough I guess [Huh?]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal