Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#571780 - 09/02/04 07:22 PM Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

just like the title says.

#571781 - 09/02/04 07:29 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
shiner Offline

Loc: tx
not me.

#571782 - 09/02/04 07:49 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
why do you want to know?

is that a bmw x3 in your profile? i've heard alot about them. how do you like it?

#571783 - 09/02/04 08:27 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

no its not x3 its meant to say XE .

#571784 - 09/02/04 08:41 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

ahh...the stylish ways of internet speak.

do you have a 4 cylinder 4x2? no need to try to find a "crew". all are welcome here. being as your're 4x2 you found the right place to post.

#571785 - 09/02/04 09:58 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just wanted to know if i was the only looser that bought the 2003 4x2 non V6 XE. Since it seems like 4x2 is looked down upon. You guys gotta understand that getting this Vehicle was a drastic change from my other vehicle which i traded in for. I play alot of paintball and basically, my Si (last vehicle) could not get me to where im going. Sure its just gravel and dirt roads but i didint want to ruin and pay for damages on my beloved Si. Plus i needed alot more room to carry our gear to the fields we play at. Im just used to being able to get the top of the line model with vehicles. Im not blaming anyone since it was me who got suckered into buying this trim model in the first place. I just miss my Si since it was alot faster and much more pleasurable to drive. Anyway here are the pics of my Si.

#571786 - 09/02/04 10:24 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

what year was that civic? it looks new and seems like a shame to trade in a 2002/2003.

how did you get "suckered" into buying your xterra?

and what is it about paintballing that takes up so much room? back when i used to own a civic i went snowboarding w/ friends and had plenty of room with boards AND people.

#571787 - 09/02/04 10:47 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

we have tons of gear to bring with us to the fields. In fact i was the only one who had a car in the convoy. I run a team and also help with an all girl team. so yeah i can fit about 4 peeps and their stuff into my X. i couldnt do that with the civic and be comfortable.

#571788 - 09/02/04 10:50 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

but now i feel like im stuck with an overgrown station wagon at this point.

#571789 - 10/02/04 07:53 AM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SiNiSt3R:
no its not x3 its meant to say XE .
Then why not type XE?
Your keyboard broken? Someone sucker you into your current keyboard, too?

I believe MyGoldX has a 4x2 4 cylinder, which he is quite happy with (I think it's MyGoldX).

How were you "suckered" into your current vehicle?

#571790 - 10/02/04 07:55 AM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

What part of the bay area are you from?

#571791 - 10/02/04 10:16 AM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
The 4-cylinder isn't available w/ 4WD or in SE trim, better to just ask who has a 4-cylinder.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#571792 - 10/02/04 02:22 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

well I was at the dealership haggling down the price for bout 6 hrs. After everything, 3 days later, i found out that they conveniently forgot to tell me that the vehicle was a roll back. Meaning someone owned the truck b4 me and just used it for a week and had to give it back to the dealership because the bank would not approve the loan.If this was told to me at the time, i certainly would've opted for a different X.

#571793 - 10/02/04 02:44 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
well I was at the dealership haggling down the price for bout 6 hrs. After everything, 3 days later, i found out that they conveniently forgot to tell me that the vehicle was a roll back. Meaning someone owned the truck b4 me and just used it for a week and had to give it back to the dealership because the bank would not approve the loan.If this was told to me at the time, i certainly would've opted for a different X.
Oh.

So, you didn't get "suckered" into buying a 4-cylinder Xterra.

You were lied to about the past ownership of a vehicle.

You think if the dealership had told you the truth, you would have said, "Oh, mercy me! Heavens! In that case, let's go for the 4x4 SC model with the leather seats!" . . . ?

#571794 - 10/02/04 02:44 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
3 days later, i found out that they conveniently forgot to tell me that the vehicle was a roll back.
If they put it on paper as new and it wasn't, get your money back! If you didn't notice there isn't much you can do except read the fine print closer next time, read up at a good site like http://www.carbuyingtips.com so you are ready for BS from dealers and lastly, don't shop in person at a dealership - fax 'em. Fax lots of them. Make them compete for your buisiness. Dealing with car dealers in person sucks - as you now know frown

Learn from your mistake, get educated and don't repeate it smile

#571795 - 10/02/04 06:29 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Quote:
not that it's going to help you much now, but you could've bought a used one.

at first i thought you said you got suckered into buying the 4 banger, but it's obviously a different case now.

you're the only one in your group of friends who has a car? not trying to sound mean but if you and your friends are that young maybe your xterra isn't so bad to begin with. a lot of people start off with much worse vehicles. offroad when you're a little older and gotten used to handling an suv on the street first.

#571796 - 11/02/04 04:06 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think what he meant was he's the only one in his group of friends that has a "car" not a truck or SUV....at least that's how I understood it....by the way, I have a 4X2 XE with some goodies on it...took it wheeling and playing in the snow recently, and it did fine....now, I can't wheel as hardcore as I did in my Jeep, but it was a lot of fun...just make sure you have recovery stuff for when you get stuck, and believe me, you will get stuck...it's obviously not going to be as good as a 4X4, but it's still a lot of fun

DC.

#571797 - 11/02/04 05:40 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lava03X:
I think what he meant was he's the only one in his group of friends that has a "car" not a truck or SUV....at least that's how I understood it....by the way, I have a 4X2 XE with some goodies on it...took it wheeling and playing in the snow recently, and it did fine....now, I can't wheel as hardcore as I did in my Jeep, but it was a lot of fun...just make sure you have recovery stuff for when you get stuck, and believe me, you will get stuck...it's obviously not going to be as good as a 4X4, but it's still a lot of fun

DC.
what kinda goodies do u have and is yours a V6?

#571798 - 11/02/04 05:41 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

well thx for the positves guys . There is a bright side to this after all. As far as this XE i got its not like i hate it. I just wish it had more balls thats all. My driving ethic has changed drastically ever since i lost my Si. i have friends who wheel and they give me a hard time because of my truck. But thats not the reason i got this truck in the first place. Sure a couple of them are hardcore truck enthusiasts (spelling), ie. they are in the Pirate boards and some of them are fabricators. Then i have my friends who i use to race with and they shake my head at me because of what i gave up which is my Si. But really i do love my X.

#571799 - 11/02/04 07:43 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

well then good for you.

#571800 - 13/02/04 12:39 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sinsister...not too much in the way of goodies..what I do have is in my sig...I've been wheeling for a long time with 4x4's...so I think the only reason my X does well off road is that I know where and where not to take it.....but it's been fun so far, I've got no complaints..

DC.

#571801 - 13/02/04 12:49 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
I just wish it had more balls thats all.
If it makes you feel any better, all Xterras are slow, even the SCs... but look at the thing... it's bulky and brick-shaped... how fast would you really want to drive it (don't ask X-Pilot!)? And, think of your gas mileage... you're getting over 20, right? I, and most on the boards, are only getting 13-16 on a good day...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#571802 - 13/02/04 05:39 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ballz????? It's a friggin truck. Not a ricer, I mean racer. WTF did you expect?
You want more ballz out of your 4 banger....turn off the A/C!

#571803 - 13/02/04 05:45 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by TheAlchemist:
Easy, trigger. Someone pee in your Wheaties this morning?

#571804 - 14/02/04 02:09 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually at the time I just got through cleaning up the mess my 4mo yr old pup made. Took me about 40 minutes!

But Im mellower now.

Love to the 4 banger. smile

#571805 - 15/02/04 10:16 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
What i mean was ballz for a truck. More Power and such.

#571806 - 17/02/04 02:47 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Ballz????? It's a friggin truck. Not a ricer, I mean racer. WTF did you expect?
What i mean was ballz for a truck. More Power and such.[/b]
well next time you should test drive the vehicle thoroughly first. i don't know what you paid for your xterra but you're not going to get any unused V8s at a unused 4-banger price range.

#571807 - 17/02/04 03:23 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Somebody told me once that you can get tons of HP out of that 4 banger with aftermarket stuff they don't make for the 6.

#571808 - 17/02/04 05:47 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

i heard the 4-banger has the same motor as the old 240s. in that case, go right on ahead.

http://www.240sx.org/

happy modding smile .

#571809 - 17/02/04 09:34 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow u guys rock!

#571810 - 17/02/04 09:47 PM Re: Who owns an XE? no V6 no 4wd
ClaptoVaughn Offline

keep us updated if you decide to modify it. i think that would be one of the few "unique" mods seen on this board in a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal